Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2018 5:24:22 PM EDT
So I can keep my (full carry) pistol permit in Monroe County...but I may transfer it to Ontario since it will be a little more convenient.

Questions...

They don't do restrictions right? That's a deal breaker.

How are they with adding homemade pistols / pistols made from AR lowers? Monroe just wants to know the serial number and they add it to your permit no problems.

Instant pistol additions? No waiting for a judge to sign right?

Monroe made it just about as easy as legally possible on all fronts...except the wait time to apply...but that doesn't matter for me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If you liked Monroe you’ll love Ontario.  No wait.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I transferred mine from WC to OC back in 2005.  No muss, no fuss.  If it takes you >5 minutes to do an amendment, you must have fallen asleep at the counter.    Even added my FUAC87 Poly80, took a bit longer, as they must have never done a home made gun before.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I transferred mine from WC to OC back in 2005.  No muss, no fuss.  If it takes you >5 minutes to do an amendment, you must have fallen asleep at the counter.    Even added my FUAC87 Poly80, took a bit longer, as they must have never done a home made gun before.
View Quote
OK cool thanks good to know! What did you have to do to add your homemade pistol lower? Get an FFL to confirm the serial? That's what Monroe requires.

One last question...Monroe lets you keep your Monroe permit if you move out of Monroe...Just need to give them your new, non-Monroe address.

Does Ontario let you keep your Ontario permit even if you move?

I ask, because all my good gun stores/FFLs are in the Ontario/Monroe area.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OK cool thanks good to know! What did you have to do to add your homemade pistol lower? Get an FFL to confirm the serial? That's what Monroe requires.

One last question...Monroe lets you keep your Monroe permit if you move out of Monroe...Just need to give them your new, non-Monroe address.

Does Ontario let you keep your Ontario permit even if you move?

I ask, because all my good gun stores/FFLs are in the Ontario/Monroe area.
View Quote
I engraved a serial number in it, brought the (not a firearm yet) frame to the clerk, showed her, added it to permit.
I think most counties will let you keep it in that county, I had the option to keep my wayne county permit, but knew that ontario was a better county for amendments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top