Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Problem is, even if you win, you loose.
View Quote

At least it's not Beast or Natty Light, lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Lulz.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok so I’ve lived in WI for about 9 months give or take. What is the deal with you people loving shitty beer?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Only if it's free!
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok so I’ve lived in WI for about 9 months give or take. What is the deal with you people loving shitty beer?
View Quote

We blue collar fellas.  It's cheap and we prefer cheap over tasting good.  

Also, it's an acquired taste.  You learn to love it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my mind, it's tied to ice fishing. It's like drinking water but it doesn't freeze as quickly. The flavor is similar to TV static.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In my mind, it's tied to ice fishing. It's like drinking water but it doesn't freeze as quickly. The flavor is similar to TV static.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I get it. To be fair I do like miller light for a fishing beer. For some reason I still look down my nose at Busch and natty
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think I get it. To be fair I do like miller light for a fishing beer. For some reason I still look down my nose at Busch and natty
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also it's somewhat generational. I grew up in the era of the microbrew explosion, so I'm used to decent beer being available almost anywhere.

My father, on the other hand, drank Pabst for 67 years. No accounting for taste, lol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I grew up drinking Leinenkugels. Back in those days, it was legal to drink beer over the bar at age 18 in WI. I also spent a lot of time in Colorado, when in the 18-21 age bracket, which also had a beer drinking age of 18. (best buddy from high school went to college in Greeley... i just went out west for the parties ). I drank Coors out there.

Now I don't drink beer at all... BLASPHEMY!!  Now it's Old Fashioneds, Jose Cuervo margaritas, or Knob Creek Smoked Maple bourbon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Yup, I was weened on Leinenkugels.  My Dads buddy was the Leinies distributor in Thorp.  Dad, my cousin and I used to buy right from him (surely not legally) $10 for 3 cases.  Ah, the good ol' days.  I too have started veering to the Old Fashioned side of the street (with a little single malt scotch thrown in for variety).  Seems to me the micro-brew folks are starting to sound like wine snobs.  Not a flavored beer fan - I like beer flavored beer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I brew my own.
It’s only shitty beer if I fuck up somewhere in the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top