Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2023 1:04:50 PM EDT
I been in a disagreement today with brownells that my order shouldn't be taxed. The lady I was talking with their 'online chat' feature said she couldn't find any information about it....anyone still having this issue with online orders be taxed?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Midway finally started doing it right after I emailed them on a couple of orders. It is only on complete firearms, ammo, and reloading components. Gun parts don't count is my understanding. The state code is somewhere in one of these hometown threads if you want to find it and email her a copy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midway finally started doing it right after I emailed them on a couple of orders. It is only on complete firearms, ammo, and reloading components. Gun parts don't count is my understanding. The state code is somewhere in one of these hometown threads if you want to find it and email her a copy.
View Quote
I bought a stripped slide
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a tax-free item.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
PSA is still sticking tax on everything, but their argument is that things are only tax free for in-state sales, they say that tax still applies to mail order.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
PSA is still sticking tax on everything, but their argument is that things are only tax free for in-state sales, they say that tax still applies to mail order.
View Quote

PSA is wrong.  They are probably using a shopping cart system that doesn't take into account the change in WV law.

If you do get charged sales tax on a tax-exempt purchase you can request a refund using this form:
https://tax.wv.gov/Documents/TaxForms/cst240.pdf

You don't have to submit one form per purchase, you can save your receipts and do it annually if you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top