Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Any reports from places, especially Gainseville?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Downtown Dallas has been quiet as far as protests/riots. Apparently there was a shooting in Deep Ellum with five people shot on Friday night. There are gangs of folks on scooters looking for trouble and some folks were assaulted last week one being sucker punched and knocked unconscious ... black on white violence.

This is the Daily march last Monday 8/24 - nothing burger.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/08/31/can-the-downtown-restaurant-scene-recover-lack-of-foot-traffic-is-taking-its-toll/?fbclid=IwAR12kBkAdQEaqCrkohfVIpJzlmV9HuHDMwWcMjn-akzjYpBfSyIhOFjRFhQ

I read somewhere there's a push to remove all the scooters from downtown and Deep Ellum.

A little late for that. We haven't been downtown to eat (to go or otherwise) since March, and I scratched Deep Ellum off the to go list in July.

Just don't want to deal with that crap.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/08/31/can-the-downtown-restaurant-scene-recover-lack-of-foot-traffic-is-taking-its-toll/?fbclid=IwAR12kBkAdQEaqCrkohfVIpJzlmV9HuHDMwWcMjn-akzjYpBfSyIhOFjRFhQ

I read somewhere there's a push to remove all the scooters from downtown and Deep Ellum.

A little late for that. We haven't been downtown to eat (to go or otherwise) since March, and I scratched Deep Ellum off the to go list in July.

Just don't want to deal with that crap.

View Quote
Breaking about 30 minutes ago. All operations to cease by Wed. All scooters removed by Friday.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Just reading it myself. Gone!

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/local/scooters-dallas-ends-popular-rentals-due-to-safety-concerns/287-6189f0de-4f93-4c63-9177-8b622ff7453a
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any reports from places, especially Gainseville?
View Quote

A lot of DPS showed up Sunday night.  With DPS, Cooke County Sheriff Dept. and Gainesville PD in the downtown area, nothing bad was going to happen.

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#7]
ironically this got posted yesterday...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#8]
(I was about to post that)
Scooters and bikes are a good thing, just need to figure out how to support them better (and some enforcement of the bad riders).  "This is why we can't have nice things."

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Scooters in Dallas are a disease. Glad to see them go away. I work Downtown and teenage thugs drive these things all over the sidewalks and the wrong way up one way streets.

Deep Ellum is cess pool right now. Largely from packs of people looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Tomorrow morning early. If yall could arrest a few more, we'd appreciate it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tomorrow morning early. If yall could arrest a few more, we'd appreciate it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/166748/gainsville_jpg-1574297.JPG
View Quote

Should file those against all those intentionally blocking traffic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Big Update:
Gainesville Thursday 9/3 as above
https://preview.redd.it/zmsm543gzrk51.jpg?width=529&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f6e713eb6008e6462a89d68d4f0995b35b63658a
https://preview.redd.it/ug4xv43gzrk51.jpg?width=529&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6611d548245998bac973d79c39a7a3fb3608148a

Dallas Saturday 9/5, protest of pro-Trump rally:

The 9/5 Trump rally in question:

SMU and Highland Park Saturday 9/5

Gainesville again Sunday 9/6

Fort Worth Monday 9/7 Labor Day

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I am shocked, shocked, that this investigation is not about the failure of DPD to control the vandalism and looting that accompanied the protests.
https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-da-investigating-how-dpd-responded-to-protesters
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish me luck... going into Highland Park Village for dinner tonight with the family....hopefully, none of the nonsense makes it's way out of downtown.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am shocked, shocked, that this investigation is not about the failure of DPD to control the vandalism and looting that accompanied the protests.
https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-da-investigating-how-dpd-responded-to-protesters
View Quote

This is from the DA who refused to accept charges for those arrested on the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wish me luck... going into Highland Park Village for dinner tonight with the family....hopefully, none of the nonsense makes it's way out of downtown.
View Quote
Actually, the reference above says there's a BLM protest in Highland Park tonight.

Best of luck.

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's a Twitch feed, should be cued up to the fracas.  57 minutes in.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/732182687?t=0h57m3s
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Been seeing live posts from DPD headquarters on Lamar all afternoon with traffic blocked.

We went to dinner at El Fenix last night on NW Highway, then drove down Preston to go home. All quiet on Friday. Wouldn’t touch downtown or Deep Ellum with a 10ft pole.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Actually, the reference above says there's a BLM protest in Highland Park tonight.

Best of luck.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck.

I can report that there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on down here tonight.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting.
Won't tweet link for some reason.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Interesting.
https://twitter.com/chunkmusic/status/1302402751301910531
View Quote

He was on an interview panel for Dallas police chief finalists in 2017. His group, NGAN, was the one that was marching in the streets in 2016 when the ambush that killed five officers happened. I'm sure everybody on DPD knows his name.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Saturday night gaggle. Long trail of Jeeps following.
Attachment Attached File

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#25]
GD thread about today, with the video of the group being followed which got some attention on Twitter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#26]
That’s terrible. It’s been pretty Shit down  here with the increased Aggressive  homeless presence, scooter gangs, and street racers. Burn loot murder has for the most part been a joke March getting smaller by the week. Slight bump tonight in numbers. Hate to see a video of a mob chasing folks but doesn’t surprise me.

The mood around here with downtown residents is improved with removal of the scooters and increased DPD presence in the last week.

I’m working on getting the hell out of here but most properties are not moving (not surprisingly with the madness going on).  It’s a damn shame, wasn’t too bad a year ago and is close to work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He was on an interview panel for Dallas police chief finalists in 2017. His group, NGAN, was the one that was marching in the streets in 2016 when the ambush that killed five officers happened. I'm sure everybody on DPD knows his name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

Let's not forget his extensive criminal record and the fact that he protested for stricter gun laws at the NRA convention a few years back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Let's not forget his extensive criminal record and the fact that he protested for stricter gun laws at the NRA convention a few years back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

Looks like he got arrested for warrants yesterday.

The incident happened during a Rescue America rally at the Main Street Garden Park in the downtown area. According to its website, the group holds rallies “pushing back on the radical Left.”

Police said multiple people were detained and taken to the department’s headquarters for questioning. According to police, the people detained received citations for the incident.

However, police later said Alexander was arrested for outstanding warrants.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Been reading today about how they don’t like the open carry guys walking around down there.

Why? Because you can’t get in their face and impose your will upon them?

The town has gone from bad to shit. I think even the black democrat mayor is afraid the town’s gone too far left and is unmanageable.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#31]

“I’ve had friends who’ve been chased down by white supremacists in the middle of the night on the SMU campus,”

I think I am going to call bullshit on this one. It’s just one more lie added on top of the other lies that Burn Loot and Murder spits out along with the media.

If it was true there would be plenty of  security footage to prove it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

“I’ve had friends who’ve been chased down by white supremacists in the middle of the night on the SMU campus,”

I think I am going to call bullshit on this one. It’s just one more lie added on top of the other lies that Burn Loot and Murder spits out along with the media.

If it was true there would be plenty of  security footage to prove it.
View Quote

There's a shocking dearth of security cams on SMU.  When my kid's bicycle was stolen, there were like 3 cameras that were working that had anything.  For being such an expensive school, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with their security.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There's a shocking dearth of security cams on SMU.  When my kid's bicycle was stolen, there were like 3 cameras that were working that had anything.  For being such an expensive school, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with their security.
View Quote

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.  My daughter had a short-lived flirtation with SMU before deciding on A&M.
We had several visits on the campus there and it just didn't feel secure for some reason.  There seemed to be a sense of "it can't happen here" for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#34]
The Park Cities aren't "The Bubble" for nothing.

But I do know a few decent Arfcommers live there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did the white supremacists disable all the cameras and all the cellphones so they could chase black people around SMU without anyone ever knowing?
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Did the white supremacists disable all the cameras and all the cellphones so they could chase black people around SMU without anyone ever knowing?
View Quote

I'm telling you they don't have working cameras, and there wouldn't be a bunch of cellphones in the middle of the night.

I think a much more likely explanation would be "drunk frat boys chase non-SMU hoodlum off campus," but who knows.  It's certainly a very white student body.  I'm sure outsiders have a lot of preconceived notions about the type of people that attend that school.  Some of those notions, however, are right on target.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this claim.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm telling you they don't have working cameras, and there wouldn't be a bunch of cellphones in the middle of the night.

I think a much more likely explanation would be "drunk frat boys chase non-SMU hoodlum off campus," but who knows.  It's certainly a very white student body.  I'm sure outsiders have a lot of preconceived notions about the type of people that attend that school.  Some of those notions, however, are right on target.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this claim.
View Quote

Well with just about every other Burn Loot Murder claim being false I am going to go out on a limb and say this is false too.  I have yet to see any claim they have have any truth to it after the facts all come out.

Maybe SMU needs to spend some money to fix every security camera they have as they are obviously all broken per this report.  We also need to have a class just for SMU how to use camera phones as this seems to be the only campus in the US that has nobody that knows how to use them.  On every other campus when a “wrong” is committed their seems to be a dozen different phone camera angles of the incident 24 hours a day with people yelling world star.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Dallas chief of police is resigning. Very interesting.

https://twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/1303430187787354118/photo/1
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dallas chief of police is resigning. Very interesting.

https://twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/1303430187787354118/photo/1
View Quote

That is very interesting, I guess I'm waiting to draw a conclusion until I see where she ends up.  I had pretty high hopes when she came in.  But she was on thin ice from the bad start with getting licensed, medical vanishing, and now the riots.

Online reaction is universally panning her of course, but from both sides.  Continuing police brutality on one side, and failing to control riots or crime rate on the other.

reddit r/Dallas discussion
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is very interesting, I guess I'm waiting to draw a conclusion until I see where she ends up.  I had pretty high hopes when she came in.  But she was on thin ice from the bad start with getting licensed, medical vanishing, and now the riots.

Online reaction is universally panning her of course, but from both sides.  Continuing police brutality on one side, and failing to control riots or crime rate on the other.

reddit r/Dallas discussion
View Quote

Since he's worn out his welcome in Houston, will they make a run at Art Acevedo next?
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Since he's worn out his welcome in Houston, will they make a run at Art Acevedo next?
View Quote

^I'm going to pretend I didn't see that!

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

^I'm going to pretend I didn't see that!

View Quote

Unfortunately, you know it's a possibility.
Is there anyone already in the system they might promote from within?
With the political climate in Dallas, is it really a desirable job?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#43]
She wasn’t a good choice to begin with, but who in their right mind would deal with all that shit right now. Between the city council, city management and demands from all the special interest group... fuck all that. I feel a little sorry for her. I sure as shit wouldn’t hang around any longer than I had to.

Don’t worry, they’ll hire someone else to be their bitch and the cycle will repeat itself.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don’t worry, they’ll hire someone else to be their bitch and the cycle will repeat itself.
View Quote

The number of grasping, petty tyrants out there is unlimited.  Like any politician, the request or search for power should be disqualifying by itself.  Almost all elected positions should be drafted from the ranks of registered voters(*), and I'm thinking police chief would be just as good a chance of working well by that method.

* - I have a whole proposal on this.  Draft congresscritters and everyone else, and it should be seen as a hardship post.  Washington DC will have a rule against air conditioning and we'll ship in extra mosquitos.  Everyone will be "Oh shit I got drafted, two years away from my real work, in hell"
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Sunday night Gainesville is streaming from Jessica Luther Rummel on facebook, or aggregated on AustinZone
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Gainesville also DFWProtests on Twitch

Nevermind, just ended.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#48]
They're dividing the schedule into 3 types of meetings.
Also trying to do something for RBG but nothing yet.

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#49]
October 2 at Ft. Hood might be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Oct 2 and 3 at Fort Hood.  May the ghost of John Bell Hood rise up and smite commies with his artificial leg as a club.

Most of the announcements are on FB or IG @dallasprotests  @theactioncode
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top