[#1]
So what happened? I got nothing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what happened? I got nothing.
View Quote

Radios are really quiet at the moment, but I think they're jumping around channels a lot more so it's hard to tell
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wtf no way. Was this on the news?
View Quote

I think it was on Facebook. I think somebody was just trying to stir some shit up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it was on Facebook. I think somebody was just trying to stir some shit up.
View Quote

Yeah, I meant to post before I hung it up for the night, that the Fbook and Nextdoor rumor mill is cranking up.  Just BS like Sword Guy is dead and smashed flat in the door of his shop.

Link to medical response from rubber bullet to the face - nice match video of overhead and in-person:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/guf3y6/man_shot_in_the_face_by_dallas_pd_during_my_live/

Edit:  I will add other pics as I find them.  Most have no context.
NSFW Blood
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
More on the above guy, claimed hit in the eye with a wooden round.  Cops need to remember to keep their black humor to themselves, not everyone gets it.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand trying to garner sympathy because you went downtown to start a war then got upset when someone get hit with a less-lethal weapon.

It's like the bully at school that keep picking on a kid then cries like a little bitch once he gets nailed.

And if you're just a "bystander" do you walk around in the rain without a coat or umbrella too?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't understand trying to garner sympathy because you went downtown to start a war then got upset when someone get hit with a less-lethal weapon.

It's like the bully at school that keep picking on a kid then cries like a little bitch once he gets nailed.

And if you're just a "bystander" do you walk around in the rain without a coat or umbrella too?
View Quote

Well, 55% of America is really, really, really stupid unfortunately.

And here it has been on full display now for days.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m admittedly a noob. I only ever read, and my husband tells me there are lots of rules that I’m probably not adhering to.

We are out of state at the moment. Is there any confirmed info about Allen or McKinney “protests” right now? All kinds of crap going around my Karen mom groups, but I think 99% of it is false.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m admittedly a noob. I only ever read, and my husband tells me there are lots of rules that I’m probably not adhering to.

We are out of state at the moment. Is there any confirmed info about Allen or McKinney “protests” right now? All kinds of crap going around my Karen mom groups, but I think 99% of it is false.
View Quote

Welcome
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw another one where they claim some little kid got pepper sprayed.

Even if it's true, why would you take your kid to something like this?

And there's still that whole corona thing where we canceled school and told all the kids to stay home.

Hey, let's break quarantine and see if we can get some media play.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
More on the above guy, claimed hit in the eye with a wooden round.  Cops need to remember to keep their black humor to themselves, not everyone gets it.

View Quote

Bad optics
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
"if you're neutral..."

This weekend stunt forced me to pick a side and it's not yours.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Frisky Frisco bricks
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I will change the topic title so we can keep DFW-area talk here for the rest of the week.

DPD unusually releasing arrest data.  "outside of Dallas" apparently means suburbs....
https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/Police-Arrests/sdr7-6v3j

Curfew in Irving tonight too, protests at MacArthur HS.  No details.

Carrollton:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Couldn’t agree more. We just shut down most of our economy, closed schools, cancelled summer camps... but this is acceptable.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's because that is precisely what this is.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Bad optics
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad optics

That's funny on a couple levels
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will change the topic title so we can keep DFW-area talk here for the rest of the week.

DPD unusually releasing arrest data.  "outside of Dallas" apparently means suburbs....

Carrollton:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/T3I8Gi6_jpg-1442441.JPG
View Quote

That's rich; is there even housing in the areas being burned out?  So doesn't that make them all "outsiders" by that logic?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad optics

I've got a dark sense of humor
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Lots of bad optics out there, many of them quite understandable.  Police in a tough spot, but can we say both sides usually suck?  Protestors winning the PR war so far.
Dallas shows up with the bike cop and the lady in the red dress I think:
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#25]
They are already screaming for FOIA's of body cam footage this weekend. I saw we get as many people as possible ID'd off all the cam footage and internet feeds, round up the ones who need felony charges and get some restitution hanging over their heads.

But the goal is to tear the police department apart.

I'd kind of like to see some parts of this town go without the police for a month.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a call with some clients with an office near downtown that had its first and even some second-floor windows broken out on Saturday night.  No big deal, nobody inside, but they were joking about having to leave work early to avoid the curfew.  Cowboys should sign the guy who can get a football-sized rock through a 2nd floor window.

Landscaping like this will become much less common I think.  This is 1717 McKinney near El Fenix.  They don't need bricks when convenient rocks are provided.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lots of bad optics out there, many of them quite understandable.  Police in a tough spot, but can we say both sides usually suck?  Protestors winning the PR war so far.
Dallas shows up with the bike cop and the lady in the red dress I think:
View Quote

Propaganda war, more like.  Thugs beating an unarmed woman outside her store.

But that doesn't make it into the nightly news.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are already screaming for FOIA's of body cam footage this weekend. I saw we get as many people as possible ID'd off all the cam footage and internet feeds, round up the ones who need felony charges and get some restitution hanging over their heads.

I'd kind of like to see some parts of this town go without the police for a month.
View Quote

Maybe if the prosecutors also take the month off.  I'd want me some immunity.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a friend that works in that building who sent me a pic from the inside, all boarded up. We had the exact same convo about future landscaping choices...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Carrollton:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/T3I8Gi6_jpg-1442441.JPG
View Quote

My parents live about a quarter mile,  if that,  from Carrollton PD/ city hall
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just so long as you don't let the riff raff out it'd probably solve some future problems
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm a little further out from Dallas so my reception with the antennas I have isn't the greatest.  So can someone who is closer please actively post which frequencies are the most active tonight?

Last night I was primarily checking 460.325 and 460.225
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ve been home about 20 minutes, flipped around a little bit, not hearing too much, but it’s not dark yet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Hearing some stuff downtown. Possibly a jumper. Doesn’t sound too wild yet. Helicopter got pulled out of S Central patrol to follow a crowd somewhere, but I haven’t figured out where.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Ervay and 30, guy is on the bridge with a noose around his neck threatening to jump. I-30 shut down.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I’ve been home about 20 minutes, flipped around a little bit, not hearing too much, but it’s not dark yet.
View Quote

Is there a feed for the helicopter somewhere?  Only airborne feed I can find is focused on FW courthouse.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I dunno. I’m not close enough to Fort Worth to even think about programming their freqs and I would have to hook up to my outdoor antenna to even try.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Pallet of bricks behind the Black Friar pub on McKinney just down from the Whole Foods that was hit. Cops are babysitting it while they get a forklift.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Protesters on both sides of Woodall.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Watch their social media posts from the comfort of your own home.

Looks like all peaceful in FTW, Frisco, Denton and Arlington....Lots of kneeling cops...

https://map.snapchat.com/@32.846881,-97.193126,10.00z
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like DPD are arresting a few hundred people that were blocking Margret Hunt Hill bridge .  They are showing it live on Fox4

Edit.  The National guard are now helping DPD and Dart busses are starting to show up
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like they let all the protesters go out in the middle of Margret Hunt Hill bridge and block traffic. Then they shut down both ends and started arresting everyone.

You’re about to see a shitload of people who think they’re too important to be arrested for blocking traffic.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Channel for action tonight?

Frequency Channel Section
460.325 1 Central
460.375 2 Northeast
460.500 3 Southeast
460.425 4 Southwest
460.075 5 Northwest
460.175 6 North
460.275 7 Traffic
460.125 8 Tactical
460.025 9 Info
460.225 10 Car-to-car
460.475 11 Investigative
460.400 12 Special
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I have no idea how many are on that bridge but everyone is getting a ride tonight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Is Fox4 broadcasting live or showing aerial different from the above?  Here is a track marked Sky4, but with an airplane symbol instead of helo.
https://www.flightradar24.com/SKY4/249cdcc9

edit: or maybe N121TV, tracks are jumping all around https://www.flightradar24.com/N121TV/249cc436
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#47]
ground-level video of arrests.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have no idea how many are on that bridge but everyone is getting a ride tonight.
View All Quotes

Big pile of cuffs
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ground-level video of arrests.  
View Quote

Per fox 4 the Dallas DA is at the bridge and saying he won’t allow them to be booked into the jail ... what a pussy
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top