BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oct 2 and 3 at Fort Hood.  May the ghost of John Bell Hood rise up and smite commies with his artificial leg as a club.

Most of the announcements are on FB or IG @dallasprotests  @theactioncode
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oct 2 and 3 at Fort Hood.  May the ghost of John Bell Hood rise up and smite commies with his artificial leg as a club.

Most of the announcements are on FB or IG @dallasprotests  @theactioncode

LOLS..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bell_Hood

Stephen Vincent Benét's poem "Army of Northern Virginia" included a poignant passage about Hood:

Yellow-haired Hood with his wounds and his empty sleeve,
   Leading his Texans, a Viking shape of a man,
   With the thrust and lack of craft of a berserk sword,
   All lion, none of the fox.
                When he supersedes
   Joe Johnston, he is lost, and his army with him,
   But he could lead forlorn hopes with the ghost of Ney.
   His bigboned Texans follow him into the mist.
   Who follows them?

Private Sam Watkins of the 1st Tennessee Infantry "Maury Greys" wrote the following epitaph to Hood, published in various editions of his memoirs Company Aytch:[62]

But the half of brave Hood's body molders here.
   The rest was lost in honor's bold career.
   Though fame and limbs he scattered all around;
   Yet still though mangled was with glory crowned.
   For ever ready with his blood to part,
   War left him nothing whole, except his heart.

Watkins was also sympathetic with the Texas general, and in several passages recounts the private Tennessean soldiers' honor of having to serve under him. While previously critical of Hood after Nashville,[63] he later changed his opinion. In one of the "Other Sketches" of his aforementioned memoir, he offers the following appraisal of Hood:

General John B. Hood did all that he could. The die had been cast. Our cause had been lost before he took command...[64]

In Bell I. Wiley's 1943 book, The Life of Johnny Reb, the Common Soldier of the Confederacy, he recounts that after the defeats in the Franklin-Nashville Campaign, Hood's troops sang with wry humor a verse about him as part of the song The Yellow Rose of Texas.[65]

My feet are torn and bloody,
   My heart is full of woe,
   I'm going back to Georgia
   To find my uncle Joe [Johnston].
   You may talk about your Beauregard,
   You may sing of Bobby Lee,
   But the gallant Hood of Texas
   He played hell in Tennessee.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Very local news, some neighbor on Nextdoor is soliciting  for "community overwatch".  Not saying be out there right now, but be organized.  LTC required to participate as a screening mechanism.  Didn't want discussion on Nexdoor, just looking for contacts.

Anyone else seeing this kind of thing?  I would expect it quietly amongst neighbors but not in a public forum.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Post removed after an hour, probably by Nextdoor, they don't allow much political talk.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Post removed after an hour, probably by Nextdoor, they don't allow much political talk.
View Quote

Next Door communities are typically moderated by a Karen from the community.  They don't like being called cunts when the do something cunty.  Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate the people on Nextdoor. The guy who is the moderator for our little town is the HOA president for his subdivision and local looney at the city council meetings. He’s made enough enemies that he’s more of a potential target than a leader. I’d be careful who you team up with from there.

Most of my neighbors won’t give a shit and if there’s anyone going around stirring trouble, they won’t last long.

I’m worried about my business. We’re DEEP behind enemy lines. I’m not letting it get burned out.

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote from reddit r/dallasprotests
Dallas: In Solidarity has cancelled their RBG gathering, but is instead joining the vigil put on by Dallas County Democratic Party @ 7pm, 1414 N Washington Avenue.

Fort Worth: a vigil to honor RBG will be held @ 8pm, The Courthouse Downtown, 100 W Weatherford.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like they are gearing up to protest at Dallas City Hall whenever they make an announcement for the Breonna Taylor shooting. I might side with them on this one, but there's so many protests over everything else that's not worthy that this cause is lost to the noise.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like they are gearing up to protest at Dallas City Hall whenever they make an announcement for the Breonna Taylor shooting. I might side with them on this one, but there's so many protests over everything else that's not worthy that this cause is lost to the noise.
View Quote

Don’t hang out with drug dealers or live with them.  If you don’t you won’t need to worry about no knock or high risk warrant (this was not a no knock).  To bad the press does not give all the info on this case.  If they did you may have a different thought about her.

Burn Loot Murder only has martyrs that nobody would back if they were not of certain demographics.  There only job is to cause disruptions and push a Marxist agenda regardless of the true facts.  I have yet to look at any case they present that has any link to “systemic racism”. In fact if any of their martyrs were alive they would have most likely been found guilty of a felony or higher end misdemeanor.  If they were truly looking out for their lives they would be better off teaching people to stop resisting arrest or trying to kill a cop while being arrested.

If you got some time read some of the info on her that the PD had that caused them to end up at her location.  https://www.tatumreportexclusive.com/shocking-report-leaked-in-breonna-taylor-death-investigation-shows-how-involved-she-really-was/
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
They are posting those extra graphics showing volunteer/community activities and virtual events, but I am only posting the active events.
Dallas Council might be fun on Wednesday, check it out on live video: https://dallastx.swagit.com/dcn-95-live

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#11]
LOL watching the city council.  Open mic time.
Lots of bitching about excessive PD helicopter use, that may be the strategy they have decided on to cut a part of police budget.  One guy using Grand Theft Auto wanted levels to describe it - constant 4 stars with helos overhead, and then goes to 5 stars when "tanks show up to peaceful protests".
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LOL watching the city council.  Open mic time.
Lots of bitching about excessive PD helicopter use, that may be the strategy they have decided on to cut a part of police budget.  One guy using Grand Theft Auto wanted levels to describe it - constant 4 stars with helos overhead, and then goes to 5 stars when "tanks show up to peaceful protests".
View Quote

Sure, they'll just transition to quadcopters. Reduced costs, more aircraft, quieter, and more aerial surveillance. Win win for everybody.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Small correction, this helo thing (item 61) is not about the general budget setting process.  It is a normal appropriation for helo maintenance that was in the council agenda, that was seized on by the activists.  It was part of the current budget but they are fighting the awarding of the contract to the vendor.

#68 is about accepting a grant from US DOJ.  Against it to limit money going to PD.

#91 is the general FY 20-21 budget which has PD funding for the next year.

Interesting that the agenda is being scrutinized and their publicity is resulting in some public comments that could affect council (or giving "grassroots" cover for activist city council members who want to limit police but can't be quite so public unless goaded on and "being responsive")

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
It's been a while, back 20 years ago or so, I lived off NW Highway, right next to the White Rock DART station. They were actually building it while we lived there. A water main burst under the DART track behind PT's Gentleman's Club and was flooding the condos on the other side of the track.

They flew the fucking helicopter over the break for HOURS, it was like they were filming a fucking Vietnam movie outside my house. I called to complain and they said they had a problem with looters at the condos. What? For 3 hours? It's not like that area backed up to a bad neighborhood. It's a retirement center on one side, pretty decent homes on the other. I know we got socked for the fuel and maintenance on that one.

And I'm not saying the city doesn't need a helicopter, but it's shit like this that irritates the general public and makes them an easy target.

And there's nothing like being in bed with your wife, trying to pull off your best Dirk Diggler impression, when a police helicopter spotlight decides to sweep across your house.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
With the doings in Louisville with the verdict today, it might be wise to keep your eyes open in Dallas tonight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like they led a march through a Tom Thumb or Kroger store in North Dallas last night. Not the parking lot, but inside the store. It's not being well received by the less radical.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like they led a march through a Tom Thumb or Kroger store in North Dallas last night. Not the parking lot, but inside the store. It's not being well received by the less radical.
View Quote

These people are idiots.  All they have to do is recreate what MLK did and they would have 90% of the population eating out of their hands regardless of their Marxist views because the average American is to dumb to know what they really stand for.  Instead they act like the drunk uncle that showed up to a family event that he was not invited to and drops a deuce in the punch bowl.  

Thankfully they are acting like the drunk uncle.  The latest poles show their favorability rating is back to pre covid levels and is causing Democrats to want to vote for Trump.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you list store location?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Can you list store location?
View Quote

I *think* it's Tom Thumb off Field St, but I can't tell from the video. That's what some of the people following the post were saying, and I've personally never been in that particular store. It's posted by some dude going by the name CJ Papp on Facebook. He took some heat for it and turned off comments for the post, but the post is still up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Short video from last night, crowd  blocked from going down the ramp to the Dallas City Hall parking garage.  Would have been a perfect kessel to capture the whole lot
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Short video from last night, crowd  blocked from going down the ramp to the Dallas City Hall parking garage.  Would have been a perfect kessel to capture the whole lot
View Quote

They need to keep going out of their way to piss their supporters off. They went to some guy on the Dallas Citizen's Council a few night ago with a big crowd, cars, honking horns. I'm sure that keeps everyone happy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Anything on the radar for the big D tonight? I'm not finding anything.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#25]
City Hall tonight. They are already there. There are some counter protestor folks there giving them grief that they are complaining about.

So I wouldn't go downtown for anything unless you are going down there to tell those guys to eat shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I avoid downtown D at all costs all the time
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
City Hall tonight. They are already there. There are some counter protestor folks there giving them grief that they are complaining about.

So I wouldn't go downtown for anything unless you are going down there to tell those guys to eat shit.
View Quote

Any idea about the crowd size? I can’t quite see them from perch....I’m more worried about them moving a couple of blocks north.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Any idea about the crowd size? I can’t quite see them from perch....I’m more worried about them moving a couple of blocks north.
View Quote

Looks like maybe a dozen at the entrance to the city hall parking garage. Dude is wearing a black hood and what looks like a IIIA vest.

Smash Da Topic Breaking News guy is reporting a fatality shooting on Central @ Hall, someone shot into a car on the service road and killed someone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Drive-by shooting near the intersection of SH-75 & Lemmon Ave.

Driver shot at, crashed and has been pronounced dead.

ETA: Just saw it on Fox4 News. Overhead camera.

Article; no video.

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I work in City Hall.  One group of 5 or 6 in the Ervay St. exit from the parking garage, another group of 7 or 8 sitting in the Young St. ramp.  

mm
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I work in City Hall.  One group of 5 or 6 in the Ervay St. exit from the parking garage, another group of 7 or 8 sitting in the Young St. ramp.  

mm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mm

Thanks. Fortunately, all of the people I'm responsible for finally left and I got escape
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like they went out and started screwing with people again.

We may have a race problem, but we have a bigger problem with people being assholes.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/protesters-clash-with-customers-at-uptown-dallas-restaurant
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Texas/OU game is October 10th at the Cotton Bowl. It looks like it will be limited to 25% capacity and the State Fair has been canceled for this year.
Will there be a protest or not?
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#36]
DPD HQ Thursday night:
https://dfwscanner.net/2020/10/02/protestors-deface-dallas-police-department-headquarters/
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2020/10/02/dallas-police-headquarters-and-dallas-police-association-vandalized/
I can actually somewhat respect this kind of symbolic action despite the property damage, but it appears to be an impromptu target of opportunity due to the lack of press coverage.  Few articles the next day, promptly buried by Trump covid screeching.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can actually somewhat respect this kind of symbolic action despite the property damage...
View Quote

Same.

It has an appropriate target (gov't building).  It's not particularly dangerous or destructive to innocent bystanders.   It clearly makes a point.  And it's much more impactful as a message than random violence/destruction.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Same.

It has an appropriate target (gov't building).  It's not particularly dangerous or destructive to innocent bystanders.   It clearly makes a point.  And it's much more impactful as a message than random violence/destruction.
View Quote

Looks like the Marxist have trained the general population that vandalism is ok as long as it’s not their property.  What else is now OK for you guys?
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks like the Marxist have trained the general population that vandalism is ok as long as it’s not their property.  What else is now OK for you guys?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same.

Ohhhh, burn.

Respect for an enemy's abilities is not saying their actions are okay.  They took the risk and DPD was napping.  I can appreciate a good caper while also questioning their use of the opportunity for such a small gain.  DPD hopefully won't be away going for donuts next time.  Or maybe that's a sign BLM has indeed rejected their violent/Antifa allies as contrary to their cause, that they had such an opportunity to cause real damage and didn't take it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ohhhh, burn.

Respect for an enemy's abilities is not saying their actions are okay.  They took the risk and DPD was napping.  I can appreciate a good caper while also questioning their use of the opportunity for such a small gain.  DPD hopefully won't be away going for donuts next time.  Or maybe that's a sign BLM has indeed rejected their violent/Antifa allies as contrary to their cause, that they had such an opportunity to cause real damage and didn't take it?
View Quote

So i guess if you leave your house it’s now ok for anyone to take what they can because you made the mistake in leaving it unprotected.

That excuse is just a mental exercise your making to say braking the law is ok now.  You have been conditioned to think if there is no fire, looting or murder that everything is good to go now and it’s someone else’s fault for allowing it.

Your just as bad as BLM and Antifa with that noise.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL.  The Marxism already took place. Who owns that building?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#42]
They keep setting the precedent for going to other folks property and causing damage. Even if your cause is just, you are not justified in the name of protest to go commit vandalism. You understand if we decide to throw civility and respect out the window, you're just stoking the fire for larger and larger events, until it blows up into something beyond what you bargained for.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#43]
After the shooting in Wolf City in Hunt county this weekend, how long before there is some type of event there?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Who's Jonathan Price?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Most of the news channels have articles.  Hopefully there is some video to bring some light to the actual events before and during.  I was surprised Wolfe City even had its own PD.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/who-is-jonathan-price-from-wolfe-city-texas/287-8751e38b-bbd2-43e1-a8de-01a1bb8122b8

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who's Jonathan Price?
View Quote

https://www.ketr.org/post/wolfe-city-police-officer-fatally-shoots-local-man

Bodycam footage on this one will be interesting.

Small towns have a way of working through these things, they don't need the outside forces making things worse.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Very nice application of Alinsky 5 and 6.  Much like the skateboarders in LA depositing sand back at the mayor's house in the early covid shutdowns.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Small towns have a way of working through these things, they don't need the outside forces making things worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's Jonathan Price?

City employee killing a city employee
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

City employee killing a city employee
View Quote

My first thought here too. There may be more to this story than it seems.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top