Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2020 10:29:00 AM EDT
Public hearing today @ 1000 hrs.  Link to TVW live coverage

Executive Session tomorrow 04 February @ 0800 hrs.  Link to TVW live coverage of executive session

'Nuther Executive Session 05 February @ 1000 hrs.  Link to TVW live coverage of exec. session

HB 2767 info page and button to comment:  HB 2767 status & info page

Basically, the DNR has language that lists acceptable uses of public lands.  This bill would specifically add recreational target shooting in designated areas to the list of activities constituting outdoor recreation.

One small step, however once codified, it's much more difficult to remove ;-)
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if designated areas is a plus or maybe not? Seems current policy allows target shooting and hunting just about anywhere on DNR lands. I like having the freedom to pick my own place as it may be convenient, and a "designated" place may or may not be convenient. I am imagining having to drive thirty extra miles when the designated location is already occupied. Next thing they will want is a fee to pay for enforcement of shooting only in their designated areas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top