Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2018 10:38:12 AM EDT
How is this not a poll tax ?, ie: being charged to exercise a right ?

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s2857/amendment/a?fbclid=IwAR2DbqxJKn-KNONFKWzzvG629OW1gWOoJQ52rEbsUUlS0A8n6wk962XsBjYETA for hot link. I was so mad I cold linked it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I really, truly, honestly, seriously don't give a flying fuck anymore.  They can (and undoubtedly will) pass whatever they want.  I've reached the point where I actually find myself cheering them on, as the rule of law devolves into madness.  More and more the march toward destruction simply entertains me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It's becoming like the screaming heads in the media.  You just tune it out and go on with your life.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a quick scan found this glaring error...

FAILURE TO MAINTAIN SUCH INSURANCE
SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF SUCH  OWNER'S  REGISTRATION,
LICENSE AND ANY OTHER PRIVILEGE TO OWN SUCH FIREARM.

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Dooooo etttttttt!

Let em keep going. Hell i wish they would abolish gun ownership in NY all together. Lets just get to the point.

ETa: Cross posting this
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I noticed that too and it pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with New York's interpretation of the Second Amendment AND the Heller ruling.

But of course anyone and everyone can still vote without any need to prove you legally can. Just be sure to check off all the names in the "D" column.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really, truly, honestly, seriously don't give a flying fuck anymore.  They can (and undoubtedly will) pass whatever they want.  I've reached the point where I actually find myself cheering them on, as the rule of law devolves into madness.  More and more the march toward destruction simply entertains me.
View Quote
And I ain’t Jesus.  When it all goes to heck I’m not giving them food or shelter or protection. They are a bunch of addicted gamblers all excited because they won a $20 hand not realizing they are $1000 down.

May you live in interesting times- well subjects of New York, you win!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The language requires insurance for intentional acts, which insurance companies don't write, making compliance impossible.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#8]
NO!

Go ahead, revoke my permit. Revoke everyone's permits. We will flood the courts with Article 78 preceedings, injunctions, lawsuits.

You want to lose office as a democrat in upstate, NY? Make Elmer J. Fudd have a $1 million policy for his side by side. Go ahead, I fucking dare you!

Spoke with my friends in the GOP state legislature, they aren't convinced they can stop it.

This will likely come to a head with the legislature looking to mandate the very insurance that Cuomo's Insurance Department said was illegal.

Let's have a fucking meltdown, I'm ready to party!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like we're all on the same page.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
All the more reason to build trust and strengthen relationships with like minded Citizens.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NO!

Go ahead, revoke my permit. Revoke everyone's permits. We will flood the courts with Article 78 preceedings, injunctions, lawsuits.

You want to lose office as a democrat in upstate, NY? Make Elmer J. Fudd have a $1 million policy for his side by side. Go ahead, I fucking dare you!

Spoke with my friends in the GOP state legislature, they aren't convinced they can stop it.

This will likely come to a head with the legislature looking to mandate the very insurance that Cuomo's Insurance Department said was illegal.

View Quote
This is what I've been saying. When Fudds feel the pressure it will get interesting.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The language requires insurance for intentional acts, which insurance companies don't write, making compliance impossible.
View Quote
Which is sonething I have said many times in previous threads. It is a clever way to ban firearm ownership without explicitly saying so in order to avoid a court challenge on Second Amendment grounds.

The courts will agree and say that firearm ownership is not prohibited. You simply need to get insurance which has been upheld as constitutional in other cases (ObamaCare anyone?). "It's not our problem that you cannot purchase it. Free market at work."
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Which is sonething I have said many times in previous threads. It is a clever way to ban firearm ownership without explicitly saying so in order to avoid a court challenge on Second Amendment grounds.

The courts will agree and say that firearm ownership is not prohibited. You simply need to get insurance which has been upheld as constitutional in other cases (ObamaCare anyone?). "It's not our problem that you cannot purchase it. Free market at work."
View Quote
The main issue is that not only the insurance not available, it's illegal to offer, I want to hear the mental gymnastics defending forcing someone to buy something that cannot be legally sold.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
FUDDs will surrender their handguns and ignore it and nobody will bother them. For now.

Handgun owners will either find some sort of insurance that doesn’t yet exist or open themselves to freedom of intrusion at the will of authorities.

Everyone else keeps the guns in the basement till the kid or ex blows them in.

2nd Circus Court will reach way up their ass to find some way this illegal tax is constitutional.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The main issue is that not only the insurance not available, it's illegal to offer, I want to hear the mental gymnastics defending forcing someone to buy something that cannot be legally sold.
View Quote
Oh, so the insurance is illegal?  My firearms are illegal?  Cool, neither are illegal now.  Double negative cancels each other out.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's died in committee numerous times.
View Quote
Would you like to wager on it getting through this time?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't forget, courts have upheld California mandating technology that isn't viable yet so anything is possible.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Let me know where the rally point is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
NO!

View Quote
THIS and FUCK PARKER TOO.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#22]
living in the sue you sue me capitol of the world in Nassau County, i do carry 2 million in insurance but as pointed out by others it won't be good enough to comply.

this will probably go the way of the 7 bullet rule.  let the fuckwits pass it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
living in the sue you sue me capitol of the world in Nassau County, i do carry 2 million in insurance but as pointed out by others it won't be good enough to comply.

View Quote
You mean the rule they are still nabbing people for in Buffalo???  "You may beat the rap but you won't beat the ride"
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you are a homeowner and don't have an umbrella policy in this state you are crazy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You mean the rule they are still nabbing people for in Buffalo???  "You may beat the rap but you won't beat the ride"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but i might get my chance to beat them back in court.  their move.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you are a homeowner and don't have an umbrella policy in this state you are crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, i've had one ever since i became a homeowner
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed.  I only pay like $150 for $2M in insurance.  It's weird, it even covers things like slander, believe it or not.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, how does this affect me, as a PA resident with a NY pistol permit? Do I lose my ability to own a firearm completely, or just in New York, but I don't live in New York.
Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
NO!

View Quote
+1
I've pointed out the same thing numerous times, just seems to fall on deaf ears...instead of "Florescent Green" we should use "Blaze Orange" vests.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF SUCH  OWNER'S  REGISTRATION, Is this where you registered your "Assault Weapon"?
LICENSE AND ANY OTHER PRIVILEGE Right?TO OWN SUCH FIREARM.

View Quote
The ASSembly has been passing horseshit like this for decades, problem is now the have control over the Senate that historically says no fucking way....
Anytime there is Legislation either for or against, it is critical to hammer the Committee Chair as that's where the action is.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Another step in banning firearms- by making it too expensive for regular people to have them.

Although in this case there is a precedent I suppose. There’s that US territory that tried to price permits at $1000 and it got shot down by the courts as being unconstitutional since it was essentially a gun ban.

I can only hope that precedent is used here too
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Another step in banning firearms- by making it too expensive for regular people to have them.

Although in this case there is a precedent I suppose. There’s that US territory that tried to price permits at $1000 and it got shot down by the courts as being unconstitutional since it was essentially a gun ban.

I can only hope that precedent is used here too
View Quote
It's been tried before: Back in the 70's the anti's went after "Saturdaynight Specials" which were vilified as "Cheap handguns commonly used in violent crime" and ostensibly because they were relatively in-expensive, cheaply made, small caliber, small and easily concealable making them the choice of criminals, gang-bangers, etc. (sound familiar?)....ok, sounds like a good thing at first, but the battle cry was disenfranchisement of the lower socio-economic class (poor) who rightfully deserved access to a gun as someone that could afford a better gun.
The premise of the NYSRPA Lawsuit against the City of New York is also one against discrimination: If you haven't the economic means and Social status, then its damned hard, if not impossible to obtain a handgun Licenses in NYC and on top of that, it must be fully renewed every five years (I may be slightly mistaken on the timeframe)

See, where we as typical gun owners fail can be contrasted against the radical Left: we're typically docile, polite, and conservative...those on the Left are polar opposites, and while not virtuous, they ARE effective...Orange Vest for all!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Over here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
NO!

View Quote
When you get a million fudds woke I can't wait to see what the next election has in store.

[Futurama] Dr Zoidberg goes crazy !
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
 Over here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Over here.
Lets not wait to long I'm applying for Medicare next month.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is what I've been saying. When Fudds feel the pressure it will get interesting.
View Quote
All the fudds I talked to say they will give up their guns and hunt with their bows.

So there goes that theory.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Have no fear they will ban bows too look at Venezuela.. its just a tip of the ice berg.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All the fudds I talked to say they will give up their guns and hunt with their bows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, talk about apathy.  That'll show the gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#40]
21 days from today, January 14, 2019, the New York State legislative sessions will convene under full Democrat control. I have a sinking feeling that by Wednesday, January 16, 2019, we will have a SAFE Act II passed and signed by the Governor. I am sure all of these various gun control proposals that have been floated around separately are being rolled into an omnibus bill during the holiday's that will be passed under a Message of Necessity very quickly. The last thing they want to do is spend weeks debating "Red Flag", mandatory insurance, bump stocks, 50 caliber, microstamping, etc. when they can pass it in the middle of the night at the Governor's bequest.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Any chance the NRA/NYSRPA will find a way to offer insurance coverage that meets this law? It would make cuomos head explode.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any chance the NRA/NYSRPA will find a way to offer insurance coverage that meets this law? It would make cuomos head explode.
View Quote
I seriously doubt it and even if they did, New York State would close that loophole pronto.

New York State has some seriously f'ed up insurance laws IMHO. Have you ever looked at the fine print of those insurance ads that they run on various TV sub-channels such as MeTV, StarTV, AntennaTV, ThisTV, etc.? Like those with Alex Trebek, extended auto warranty insurance or for supplemental medicare coverage? In the fine print one usually sees that it is either not available to New York State residents or some other company is handling the coverage in New York State. It must be such a nightmare to do insurance in New York State that they either avoid it entirely or find a subsidiary company to handle it. I think squashing of the NRA affiliated coverage combined with the financial sanctions was just an example of the lengths the state will go to in order to bend insurance as it sees fit while the rest of the country has no issues with it. Any company even remotely thinking of offering some kind of firearm liability insurance in New York State would most likely hit the pause button after looking at the recent history.

The sad thing is I think it is very clever way on the part of the state to ban firearm ownership without actually coming out and banning the practice directly in violation of the 2nd Amendment (which New York State and the Second Circuit still refuses to recognize even after MacDonald). Since the SCOTUS ruling that upheld ObamaCare by saying you could be required to buy a private medical insurance product just for being a citizen, I certainly think the state saying you must have liability insurance to own a firearm will pass them too. Not their problem if it cannot be found anywhere. That's the free market at work will be the claim. If one were to attack the insurance mandate, it would probably have to be against New York's insurance rules that make it impossible to get.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I doubt insurance scam would fly..

The reason being.. Insurance was already in place in the market for healthcare.

The problem is NYS ended all insurance for guns so how can they mandate someone to purchase something they cant..

i bet this will be the argument whom ever sues uses along with other items.

Where with Clown care mandate.  Insurance was already out there.. They just forced you to have it..  With NYS you cant buy it. So how do you comply..

It will be a moot point.. With the Communist in control now it will be who can out do each other Cali vs NY.

NY will become the next Venezuela..even NYC will get to the point it cant keep up with the free stuff army..

Look at wall st.. about three years ago flying out of Stewart I was sitting next to a FA who left hustle and bustle of wall st.. He was asking me several questions as we flew.. He did mention he left due to cut throat business and less and less people were being handled out of NYC..

If i remember the clip level was over $250,000 in trading if less than that they were dump to call centers out of NY many moved to NJ area due to 9-11 and cheaper taxes. The FA's that work at the cost centers weren't making the commissions why they were down in the wall st area. He left was happier making less money in Orange county and not dealing with the rat race..

When companies get pinched too much to support the business they move.. This will be no different for google and amazon at some point..

As you see with Amazon they are moving things around outside of HQ state of Seattle, WA why because they are feeling the pinch of taxes that Seattle is dumping on them..

I deal with this every day with Global resources.. Co I work for goes to the cheapest country for services. They move stuff around each year or couple of years to squeeze the amount of profits out of it.. Sad but how it works anymore.

NY will get to the point they will not be able to tax there way out of all the freebies.. Welcome to Detroit its coming and will come quicker with the communist at the helm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top