Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2020 7:36:21 PM EDT
Have a friend who wants to build his first AR and he said he had seen some lowers that were made in Oklahoma several years back at a funshow. Are there still any around being made here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know if Two Vet’s are still made? Loki is out!
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Tony Rumore still in business? I think his were called “ Broken Arrow”.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
He may have been thinking about Cold Hand Arms' lowers.
They were scarce and I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore, but...?
I know the local anodizer they used burnt to the ground, that'll slow things down.
Other than the mentioned defunct Loki,and Tony Rumore's Tromix, I can't come up with any others.  
We do have a famous HTF member with a Loki lower (well, complete rifle), perhaps she could be talked out of it.
It's a collectors item, you know, and historic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the local anodizer they used burnt to the ground, that'll slow things down.
Other than the mentioned defunct Loki,and Tony Rumore's Tromix, I can't come up with any others.  
We do have a famous HTF member with a Loki lower (well, complete rifle), perhaps she could be talked out of it.
View Quote
But she didn’t spring for the one of a billeted set. Mine has lots and lots of dead critter photo shoots.

P.S. the gas piston conversion is sweet! No matter what LRRP52 thinks
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll try to talk him into an Aero.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOLz!  Yeah, ok.  I think a lot of people who want a Loki probably want it just to stomp it to death after how that mess played out.  Since I've owned it I've had exactly two people contact me about buying that gun.  So much for being a collector's item or historic.  Infamous might be a better description.  I did get a cool Loki hat out of the deal.  I never wore it because of all the folks who got screwed by them.  Not cool.  Besides, I gave the gun, and the hat, to my sis.  She comes in here on occasion.

I get the appeal of an OK made lower or rifle, it's kind of cool.   It's part of why I did it it.  I liked the name more than anything.  Norse mythology, old English characters and such.  Hence the Loki, Grendel and Beowulf.  If I had the coin I'd add an Alexander Arms Ulfberht .338 lapua to the family.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But she didn’t spring for the one of a billeted set. Mine has lots and lots of dead critter photo shoots.
https://i.imgur.com/dLGUEOY.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/dLGUEOY.jpg
Yeah, I got the po' folks version.  When do I get the all inclusive invite to kill pigs on the Sparkles Ranch?  Looks like you're overrun!  We can do a dual Loki porcine Valhalla fest lol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, I got the po' folks version.  When do I get the all inclusive invite to kill pigs on the Sparkles Ranch?  Looks like you're overrun!  We can do a dual Loki porcine Valhalla fest lol.
View Quote
If I recall correctly you politely turned me down do to your injuries. But I do have one elusive boar making and ass out of me. I think we’ve finally knocked them back until the doggy Democrat boy’s restock us.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I recall correctly you politely turned me down do to your injuries. But I do have one elusive boar making and ass out of me. I think we’ve finally knocked them back until the doggy Democrat boy’s restock us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember that.  Probably during one of my bad episodes.

I'll make sure I've got a fresh supply of meds.  I can deal with a bit of suffering for a day as long as I get to sling a little lead.  We've got two Grendels and Beowulf that are itching to prove their worth lol.

Of course I'd have to talk the sis into making that drive down there.  Dunno how enthusiastic she'd be.  Just in general, is there a time of year that's better for hunting them?  Obviously mid-summer sucks for everything in Oklahoma other than sitting in the AC with a margarita but does time of year or temperature matter?

I hunted down there once several years ago just for the day.  We were there on other business and took the opportunity to give it a try.  It was hot as hell and miserable.  The place we went was absolutely decimated by pigs but we never saw one.  The only time I ever saw one was while deer hunting down there one year and it was running.  I walk into a giant sounder of them once while walking out from a hunt in the dark after my flashlight died.  I could feel them running past my legs and hear the commotion but never saw a single one lol.  Scared me so bad I may have peed a little lol.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll make sure I've got a fresh supply of meds.  I can deal with a bit of suffering for a day as long as I get to sling a little lead.  We've got two Grendels and Beowulf that are itching to prove their worth lol.

Of course I'd have to talk the sis into making that drive down there.  Dunno how enthusiastic she'd be.  Just in general, is there a time of year that's better for hunting them?  Obviously mid-summer sucks for everything in Oklahoma other than sitting in the AC with a margarita but does time of year or temperature matter?

I hunted down there once several years ago just for the day.  We were there on other business and took the opportunity to give it a try.  It was hot as hell and miserable.  The place we went was absolutely decimated by pigs but we never saw one.  The only time I ever saw one was while deer hunting down there one year and it was running.  I walk into a giant sounder of them once while walking out from a hunt in the dark after my flashlight died.  I could feel them running past my legs and hear the commotion but never saw a single one lol.  Scared me so bad I may have peed a little lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now is not good we’ve trapped everything down with the acorns drying up they’re coming to corn. I put a bullet into the last boar yesterday morning. I thought I had missed but my wife said it was a solid hit and she saw smoke come from a lung shot. Of curse he ran to the neighbors. I hate to say it but October is best and bring a crossbow to cull a couple of doe’s. The truth is you will come closer to bagging a doe.
This girl took your place on the roster in 2016 and yes it was brutally Hot. The pig blew up by the next morning. The smell for the photo was pretty ripe. It didn’t go fifty yards but I walked by him a couple of times before I smelled him. We try to keep the pigs knocked back because they do so much damage and there’s absolutely no money in them. Used to we would sell them to the Texans for canned hunts but Our Oklahoma government killed that and now they’re just a expensive invasive species that attract other invasive species known as Doggie Democrats!
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Right now is not good we’ve trapped everything down with the acorns drying up they’re coming to corn. I put a bullet into the last boar yesterday morning. I thought I had missed but my wife said it was a solid hit and she saw smoke come from a lung shot. Of curse he ran to the neighbors. I hate to say it but October is best and bring a crossbow to cull a couple of doe’s. The truth is you will come closer to bagging a doe.https://i.imgur.com/Ay2qPyb.jpg
This girl took your place on the roster in 2016 and yes it was brutally Hot. The pig blew up by the next morning. The smell for the photo was pretty ripe. It didn’t go fifty yards but I walked by him a couple of times before I smelled him. We try to keep the pigs knocked back because they do so much damage and there’s absolutely no money in them. Used to we would sell them to the Texans for canned hunts but Our Oklahoma government killed that and now they’re just a expensive invasive species that attract other invasive species known as Doggie Democrats!
View Quote
October is better anyway, temperature wise.  I still need to work on my new Grendels break in.  I didn't get a chance to put it in the Lead Sled and see what it will really do last time we shot it.  It was mainly getting the gas block adjusted and putting some rounds through it.  I wasn't very stoked by the groups.  The conditions weren't great (shooters on both sides of me shooting big magnum rifles with muzzle brakes) so hopefully it'll do better.  I put way too many years of saving and way too much money into it for it not shoot well. Too early to tell I guess but I'm a worrier so I can't help it.

Either that girl is really small or that pig is pretty big or both.  Or it's the old hold the fish closer to the camera trick lol.

I'm guessing doggie democrats are coyotes or do you mean actual democrats? Southern OK doesn't seem like a very hospitable habitat for actual democrats.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
October is better anyway, temperature wise.  I still need to work on my new Grendels break in.  I didn't get a chance to put it in the Lead Sled and see what it will really do last time we shot it.  It was mainly getting the gas block adjusted and putting some rounds through it.  I wasn't very stoked by the groups.  The conditions weren't great (shooters on both sides of me shooting big magnum rifles with muzzle brakes) so hopefully it'll do better.  I put way too many years of saving and way too much money into it for it not shoot well. Too early to tell I guess but I'm a worrier so I can't help it.

Either that girl is really small or that pig is pretty big or both.  Or it's the old hold the fish closer to the camera trick lol.

I'm guessing doggie democrats are coyotes or do you mean actual democrats? Southern OK doesn't seem like a very hospitable habitat for actual democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now is not good we’ve trapped everything down with the acorns drying up they’re coming to corn. I put a bullet into the last boar yesterday morning. I thought I had missed but my wife said it was a solid hit and she saw smoke come from a lung shot. Of curse he ran to the neighbors. I hate to say it but October is best and bring a crossbow to cull a couple of doe’s. The truth is you will come closer to bagging a doe.https://i.imgur.com/Ay2qPyb.jpg

Those be the dog running variety of Democrat that releases the hog's. No Democrats are getting less liked by the day. Some older people invested in natural gas production for retirements and after the Democrat school teachers were through with them they went from $2,000.00 a month retirements to less than a $100.00 and a 5% increase on their property taxes. Plus now people's mineral rights are not being leased again. Then you read the paper where a school teacher every month is brought up on charges of some sort or another.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Cold Hand Arms is the only ones I know of.  Picked up a couple when they did their run.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the others!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Rise armament is an Oklahoma company.
There are several others like Advanced Combat,  http://www.gwacsarmory.com/, and BP Outfitters
that have OKIE made lowers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Rise armament in broken arrow, OK. SCI in catoosa sells them stripped
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top