Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2020 8:14:04 AM EDT
Anyone know if Okla has anything similar to the TX Hazlewood act benefit
Apparently that is valid to allow the dependents to make use of also.

So, for someone who was born in OK, honorably discharged but resides in TX, are there any education benefits for dependents?

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to my knowledge, not state level. Here’s a link to OK’s Vet Benefits.

Ok vet
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless something has changed, no.  Just the standard federal educational benefits for dependants.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Choctaw nation is working on some but I haven’t heard how far along they are. And not having a roll number doesn’t give me many updates until they are fully released.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Oklahoma is vastly lacking compared to Texas. They like vets, we... not so much.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oklahoma is vastly lacking compared to Texas. They like vets, we... not so much.
View Quote

Oklahoma’s aren’t bad. I was recently looking at benefits by state, as I’m planning my escape and Oklahoma ranks mid level across the pack. Oklahoma’s benefits if you’re rated 100% P&T are awesome - but that’s a whole different issue.

Texas has the benefit of one of the world’s largest economies to drive state level veteran education benefits.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
if they reside in another state...
let that state pay for them....

not my circus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top