Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2023 8:39:12 AM EDT
I’ve got a decent job offer I’m considering down in Okaloosa county, so looks like I might be moving back to FL.

Any good ranges in the area that offer shooting beyond 200y?  My cursory Google searches aren’t turning up anything and I’m not seeing much in the tacked thread, but entirely possible I’m missing something.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an indopor range in Valpo.  I'm  member of the Hurlburt Field Rifle and Pistol club.  We have two ranges: a 10-lane 20-yard range
with targets at 5/7/10/15/20-yards and a 22-lane range with targets at 50/100/200-yards.

We are our own RSOs and can open the ranges sunrise to sunset as long as there are two people with driver's licenses and one POV.

People here say we are Fuds.  Our Fudish rules are to keep Rambo want to be's from shooting aircraft.  i think the facts that the Field Commander lets us have a gun club on base and lets us CC in our vehicles are huge wins.

Details Hurlburt Field R&P Club.

Basic membership is ~$75 a year with no additional charge for members to shoot.   You do have to have post access to be a member: AD, retired, reserve, Contractor or civil service on post.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Element (Holt) and Altus (Baker) are both good to go, both will get you way past 200yds.

Beware that Altus is in the sticks and if you are a connected/cell phone junkie, you will be out of luck. They are both fantastic and run by fantastic people.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Element is the best range in Okaloosa County.

Hurlburt is a great option if you live in FWB and need a quick and easy option.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I just moved to Crestview and after checking out the other local options I bought a membership at Element.  It's more expensive than the others but it has a no joke 1K range, multiple pistol and rifle bays, and running/gunning is allowed.  There's plenty of bays for long range, rimfire, benchrest and anything in between, and they're NFA friendly.

It's also open when I want to use it--meaning its not shut down every weekend for competitions and I don't have to reserve a spot a month in advance to use the long distance range.  Layout is similar to the Clinton House Plantation in SC, but you don't need 4WD to get to any of the bays.

I've been there a half-dozen times in the month since I bought my membership  and met some pretty cool people.  Duke, Hurlburt and Eglin are all in the area--lots of  legitimate operator types go there, and I even met one guy on the Army Marksmanship Unit while I was testing a F1 suppressor.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top