Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/30/2022 8:03:32 PM EDT
are we supporting this group? just looking to help out any way i can on the 2A front
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not giving them the time of day.  They are a bunch of blowhards that don't actually get anything done except to rake in donations.
BFA gets all my Ohio RKBA donations.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree. It's  a FUD organization.

Nice if you collect old items or specif prices but otherwise  just FUDS.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
They are far better at communicating legislative updates than BFA is. They also have more of a "no compromise" approach than BFA does. For these reasons alone, it's worth it to me to support them.

They appear to be very active and aggressive lobbyists, but I don't know for sure how effective they actually are.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree. It's  a FUD organization.

Nice if you collect old items or specif prices but otherwise  just FUDS.
View Quote

What gave you that impression? They really don't seem like Fudds to me at all.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I have seen they like to take credit for things they were only tangentially involved in.

There was something posted here a while ago about how the same two brothers had another RKBA group out of Iowa I think. Same play book. Make a lot of loud absolutist statements to look important and effective, rake in donations from people that like that sort of message, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Kinda like GOA but far less professional and far less intelligent.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I have seen they like to take credit for things they were only tangentially involved in.

There was something posted here a while ago about how the same two brothers had another RKBA group out of Iowa I think. Same play book. Make a lot of loud absolutist statements to look important and effective, rake in donations from people that like that sort of message, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Kinda like GOA but far less professional and far less intelligent.
View Quote

The Dorr brothers.

They'll never see a dime of my money.

https://www.dorrbrotherscams.com/
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#7]
IM glad i asked... thanks gents
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Even the far left Cleveland.com reporters can see through OGO's scam.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/08/how-one-ohio-gun-rights-group-aims-to-upend-the-public-debate-by-scaring-republicans.html

They use the same MO in about 20 different groups ranging from guns, to abortion, to trump, to mask mandates.  

1) Come in and call anyone actually working on an issue 'too soft' 2) Raise money to fight the 'phonies' 3) Funnel the money back to the family owned 'marketing/print/ business 4) Kill ANY real progress as being 'too soft' so they still have a boogie man to fight tomorrow.  

The entire scam actually started with their father back in the 90's with school choice using the exact same structure.

JLE
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Email from OGO today. Not a peep from BFA on this.

Dear DaveyDug,

House Bill 99, which would allow qualified, trained school personnel to carry firearms to defend against killers, is on the agenda for consideration THIS WEEK in the Ohio Senate!

Ohio Gun Owners is in full support of HB99 by Representative Thomas Hall, and we expect this bill to move quickly.

This afternoon (Tuesday, May 31) the Ohio Senate Veterans and Public Safety Committee, chaired by Senator Frank Hoagland, is meeting at 2:30PM for a hearing on the bill, which is scheduled for amendments and a possible vote!

OGO will be at the hearing and already submitted testimony in favor of HB99, telling the committee to get it done:

Read Our Testimony!

It is a no-brainer to allow qualified, trained school personnel in Ohio schools to protect themselves and their students, because we now know that first-responders cannot prevent Uvalde-style attacks and killings!

And killers don’t care about signs. They only care when the barrel of a gun is pointed right at them, and when they know an armed teacher or school staffer has the ability to send them straight to hell.

So please hammer out an email to your State Senator NOW and make sure they vote this bill out of committee and put it on the Senate floor this week!

Take Action NOW!

Time is running out - the politicians will be taking a long summer break very shortly, and won’t be bothered to do the people’s business…

Whatever you do, take action today and stay tuned for more updates from the Statehouse.

For Freedom,

Chris Dorr
Executive Director
Ohio Gun Owners

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Email from OGO today. Not a peep from BFA on this.

Dear DaveyDug,

House Bill 99, which would allow qualified, trained school personnel to carry firearms to defend against killers, is on the agenda for consideration THIS WEEK in the Ohio Senate!

Ohio Gun Owners is in full support of HB99 by Representative Thomas Hall, and we expect this bill to move quickly.

This afternoon (Tuesday, May 31) the Ohio Senate Veterans and Public Safety Committee, chaired by Senator Frank Hoagland, is meeting at 2:30PM for a hearing on the bill, which is scheduled for amendments and a possible vote!

OGO will be at the hearing and already submitted testimony in favor of HB99, telling the committee to get it done:

Read Our Testimony!

It is a no-brainer to allow qualified, trained school personnel in Ohio schools to protect themselves and their students, because we now know that first-responders cannot prevent Uvalde-style attacks and killings!

And killers don’t care about signs. They only care when the barrel of a gun is pointed right at them, and when they know an armed teacher or school staffer has the ability to send them straight to hell.

So please hammer out an email to your State Senator NOW and make sure they vote this bill out of committee and put it on the Senate floor this week!

Take Action NOW!

Time is running out - the politicians will be taking a long summer break very shortly, and won’t be bothered to do the people’s business…

Whatever you do, take action today and stay tuned for more updates from the Statehouse.

For Freedom,

Chris Dorr
Executive Director
Ohio Gun Owners

View Quote

Yeah, they ARE very vocal and work to get the word out.

I'm sure there's financial incentive for them to do so, but they DO show up at the statehouse for hearings and they DO try to hold candidate's feet to the fire, during elections.

Just for those things, I'm glad they're around, even if they're in it for the money. No, I don't send them any. I agree their past is too questionable for me to be comfortable with that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, they ARE very vocal and work to get the word out.

I'm sure there's financial incentive for them to do so, but they DO show up at the statehouse for hearings and they DO try to hold candidate's feet to the fire, during elections.

Just for those things, I'm glad they're around, even if they're in it for the money. No, I don't send them any. I agree their past is too questionable for me to be comfortable with that.
View Quote

This is where I'm at too. To the best of my knowledge I've never sent them a dime, but I got on their email list somehow.  If it came down to either sending them a few bucks or risk losing the fantastic email updates, I'd contribute just so I can stay in the loop on legislative updates. Nobody else out there is doing a good job of communicating these types of things, which is a real shame.

They may or may not be scam artists but they most definitely are providing a valuable service.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Ohio Gun Owners is essentially a scam. They have no influence in the legislature and are known to attack pro gun legislators in attempts to raise money.

I am “retired” leadership in the two most prominent gun rights organizations in this state. (I am no longer allowed to take an active role in politics due to civil service laws) Based upon my personal experience, conversations with legislators, and with people I trust, I will have nothing to do with Ohio Gun Owners.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/report-ohio-fundraising-scam-aimed-gun-owners
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder if he’s thinking about Ohio Gun Collectors Association?!?!
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would be correct.

I read that wrong and did not know these were two different  groups.

My mistake.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is where I'm at too. To the best of my knowledge I've never sent them a dime, but I got on their email list somehow.  If it came down to either sending them a few bucks or risk losing the fantastic email updates, I'd contribute just so I can stay in the loop on legislative updates. Nobody else out there is doing a good job of communicating these types of things, which is a real shame.

They may or may not be scam artists but they most definitely are providing a valuable service.
View Quote

I went to one of their rallies at the statehouse, before I heard a lot about them. Honestly, i was SO well done, I'd go to another.

They were promoting pro-gun candidates and brought in several speakers who were spot-on about why you need to hold politicians' feet to the flame and what happens if you don't. Nino Vitale came to the rally and gave an impassioned speech. It was nice seeing an politician giving a speech that was as pro-gun as any of us would have.

Hell, even Chris Dorr spoke well. Yeah, he's probably in it for the money, but anyone on the fence at this rally would have had a hard time not being convinced.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top