Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/12/2021 2:07:14 PM EDT
Hey,

Looking for an outdoor range ideally within an hour of Hilliard/Dublin that allows you to draw from a holster, practice movements and shooting from different positions/concealment and cover, reloads etc etc.

Having a hard time finding anything not to sure if there is even anything like this around here. Any suggestions/ideas would be great, punching holes in paper or shooting steel is lots of fun but at times I'd like to be able to practice other elements.  

Not opposed to joining a club/group if that is available.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Richwood Gun and Game Club lets you do all that.  Look up their contact on their website and let him know what you’re looking for.  Also, their matches are listed on practiscore.com and you can try your hand at IDPA when you’re ready for that.  I’ve been a member a couple years. It’s very well run.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a member at Richwood too, and agree with the previous posters comments.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Richwood.  It does require NRA membership which is a turn off for many, but it's a great place to shoot.  Also has a 300 yard range which is nice.  We run 22 prs matches there as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Been to a few clubs in cbus area. Richwood is the nicest in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
It's probably a little bit over than hour away but my favorite ODNR range is Woodbury in Coshockton.

They have 25 yard to 200 yard ranges and the best part is you can literally back your truck up right behind the shooting bench.  

It's a great range if you don't mind the drive.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
@Barrett4343  Richwood is pretty nice, I usually just go out to shoot idpa matches since its the closest place to shoot any sort of matches (for me in Delaware Co).   There is a match next weekend (10/23) if you want to go watch.  I need to get my crap together & just join.

@lvcipriani  & @ardave15  @TeeRex you guys going to the next idpa match?  it'd be nice to actually meet some of the other OH members for once.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@lvcipriani  & @ardave15  @TeeRex you guys going to the next idpa match?  it'd be nice to actually meet some of the other OH members for once.
View Quote

No, I’ll be fishing in South Carolina that week !  It’s not like I’m a big time outdoors man, just something I’m doing with family as part of a family vacation.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@Barrett4343  Richwood is pretty nice, I usually just go out to shoot idpa matches since its the closest place to shoot any sort of matches (for me in Delaware Co).   There is a match next weekend (10/23) if you want to go watch.  I need to get my crap together & just join.

View Quote
I'm a PRS guy, and one of the MDs  for the 22 PRS stuff, no IDPA for me.  I spend most of my time on the 300.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
@bdover I’ll be out there tomorrow for the PRS 22lr match may pick up idpa matches next year, but agree a meet up of RGGC arfcommers would be cool regardless  if at the range or for a beer!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@bdover I'll be out there tomorrow for the PRS 22lr match may pick up idpa matches next year, but agree a meet up of RGGC arfcommers would be cool regardless  if at the range or for a beer!
View Quote
I'll be there

eta I already know you
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I figured that was you LOL. It’ll be good to see you again…my PRS season did not go as planned due to all the shortages…
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I've done several of the RGGC PRS22 matches this year and probably know both of you by sight.  Small world.  I won't be there today though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
On Guard Defense in New Plymouth (Vinton County, just South of Logan) is completely outdoors, and you can do draw work, movement, reloading, cover, etc. I am biased, I go there all the time and help out there.

Nobody shoots without range safety officers and instructors on range to keep things safe and even help you if needed. It's a good place.

Onguarddefense.com
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey gang, another Richwood member here. As said it's a very well run place.

I'd also be interested to meet up with RGGC arfcommers at the range sometime. I would like to join the 22PRS matches but don't currently have a suitable .22. Guess I should have bought that Tikka T1X last year after all.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey gang, another Richwood member here. As said it's a very well run place.

I'd also be interested to meet up with RGGC arfcommers at the range sometime. I would like to join the 22PRS matches but don't currently have a suitable .22. Guess I should have bought that Tikka T1X last year after all.

View Quote
and your avatar is rayners.  

There are all sorts of 22s being used.  The biggest thing is having a scope you can dial.  22s are around 15 mils to 300.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
and your avatar is rayners.  

There are all sorts of 22s being used.  The biggest thing is having a scope you can dial.  22s are around 15 mils to 300.
View Quote

Yes Rayners is an awesome place, spent a decent amount of time there and at Thunder Valley. Haven't had the time to make it out to either in a while but looking to make some trips back that way this fall. Richwood is so much closer now that shooting in 22PRS would be a great way to keep from getting too rusty. I'll join as soon as I can piece something together.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes Rayners is an awesome place, spent a decent amount of time there and at Thunder Valley. Haven't had the time to make it out to either in a while but looking to make some trips back that way this fall. Richwood is so much closer now that shooting in 22PRS would be a great way to keep from getting too rusty. I'll join as soon as I can piece something together.
View Quote

You don't need to be a member to shoot the competition stuff at RGGC. Members may get a discount on entries but anyone can play. A membership would be worth it if you are fairly close and can get out to practice or get your dope.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You don't need to be a member to shoot the competition stuff at RGGC. Members may get a discount on entries but anyone can play. A membership would be worth it if you are fairly close and can get out to practice or get your dope.
View Quote

This.  Non member here.  I’ve shit close to a dozen India matches with no issues.  I need to get my membership  application in though do I can go work on pistol draws.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the heads up on the matches. I meant needing a properly setup .22 rifle before joining the 22PRS matches specifically. I am a RGCC member, its a great place. My old school Marlin .22 with a fixed 4x scope is minute-of-squirrel accurate, but would just be frustrating in a match.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top