Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2021 10:17:05 PM EDT
https://rccd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/2021%20State%20listx2

I guess I will continue to not visit Nevada.  

I forwarded this info to the Ohio AG office.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I'm curious as to why? Some of their approved states seem to have less stringent requirements than we do.
View Quote

Could that be the issue?  Do we reciprocate with states that have lower requirements?  
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I guess I'm curious as to why? Some of their approved states seem to have less stringent requirements than we do.
View Quote
It is a head scratcher, here is the text showing the relevant changes.  The stricken red text is removed and the blue is added.  We still have a training requirement in large, so not sure how that change got us removed.

I guess if I had some wild ass guesses:

1. Since we allow some people to bypass the training (military, etc.), they decided to ding us for that.
2. Maybe OH no longer provides a searchable list of CHL holders to NV LEOs?  Not sure, that was a requirement before so I'm assuming we did in the past.
3. Their sheriffs/chiefs association just arbitrarily decided they don't like us, since it seems they have the ability to add/remove states from the list at will.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh, this is what happens. The Nevada governor (Steve Sisolak) and AG (Aaron Ford) are Democrats now. The citizens of that state spoke.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ohio Attorney General’s office called and left a voice message saying the issue with Nevada has been resolved and Ohio CHL’s will continue to be valid there.  The website was updated to indicate this as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Ohio Attorney General's office called and left a voice message saying the issue with Nevada has been resolved and Ohio CHL's will continue to be valid there.  The website was updated to indicate this as well.
View Quote

Cool, you fixed it.  Nice job @lvcipriani !
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you do something about the last election?  

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, nice job. I still have a bunch of family in Ohio, and I was pretty pissed that we weren't going to honor your permits (meaning you wouldn't honor ours). My calls to nv officials were met with "screw off extremist racist republican", glad you got her done. It's really sad, when I left ohio I chose nevada because it was so conservative and independent minded, a few years of california idiot transplants is all it took to kill it. Head my warning, ban california transplants now, they are like a cancer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Dean Reich at Buckeye Firearms Association did the real work connecting the Ohio AG office with the Nevada DPS:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/nevada-drops-ohio-chl-reciprocity-bfa-works-fix

Way to go, Dean!
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Home does not mean Nevada, apparently.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top