Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 6:16:04 PM EDT
Looking for good bourbon and single malt scotch selections around IL.  I recently picked up a couple bottles of Octomore and looking to procure a couple other varieties if not other hard to find scotches /bourbons.
I'm in central IL, but like to travel north into chicago area for craft breweries from time to time.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense, but why not drive south to Lexington?
That's where the bourbon is.

That Koval crap they sell from Chicago is not bourbon, but it is crap.

We just came back from four days in Lexi and we had a great time and brought back a lot of very, very nice bourbon found at good prices. <cough> Liquor Barn <cough>

If you just want to come to the Chicago area to shop, Woodman's has great prices. Binnie's has a great selection.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Chicago has a lot of good whiskey bars but you'll pay Chicago prices. Check out Longman and Eagle if you want a good meal. They do brunch pretty well and have pages of whiskey and bourbon on their menu. You can even do flights of different varieties. Emporium is an arcade with whiskey if you're into old school arcade games. Yelp is your friend in Chicago, just make sure to read the bad reviews too
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.  The binny's around Chicago Land also have higher end scotches that are stores in locked rooms in the back.  I just dented my wallet this weekend with Octomore, Springbank, Balvenie, among other scotches..... Still looking for some pappy, stagg and weller.  Cant seem to find those at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top