Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2021 11:29:12 AM EDT
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_60a7ea10e4b019ef10d9fa8e

So I wonder if things were just straps that they were using to hoist beams in place
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Temp shutdown for now. Do wonder if this is a setup due to the complaining about workers from the south. Or a grift to get more money out of Amazon. Either real, trolling or someone setting up Amazon.

Windsor Amazon construction site shutting down until next week as NAACP addresses seventh noose found

The Greater Hartford NAACP Thursday afternoon addressed the discovery of a seventh noose at the Amazon construction site in Windsor, as well as other recent forms of hate crimes.

They said the site is being shut down until at least next week in response, which impacts hundreds of jobs.

“The CT NAACP State Conference along with the Greater Hartford NAACP are outraged that noose number seven was found on the Amazon worksite. Amazon has shut down the Windsor construction site,” the NAACP said. “These forms of hate crimes have had a detrimental stain on the current state of America’s reality and for them to hit so close to home and with such consistency, shows a robust disrespect for the not only human decency but also for our ancestors who lost their lives due to the hate represented within the knots in those ropes.”

The NAACP will be meeting with Amazon to talk with workers on the site to listen to their concerns and experiences on the Amazon site.

According to police, on Wednesday at 12:56, pm, officers were made aware of the discovery of a rope that could be interpreted as a noose hanging within overhead beams on the site.

Nearly a month ago, police found the first noose. Officers came back days later to find five more. This week’s discovery makes seven. These nooses are about 15-feet long, according to police.

Detectives immediately responded to that area and collected the rope as evidence. The Windsor Police Department is actively working with detectives from CSP and the FBI regarding the investigation.

FBI Special Agent David Sundberg added:

The New Haven Division of the FBI is lending its resources and support to the Windsor PD for this ongoing investigation. The implications of a hanging noose anywhere are unacceptable and will always generate the appropriate investigative response.

Brad Griggs of Amazon said, “We expect the site to be shut down at least until Monday while we work with law enforcement behind us to make sure the measures are installed.”

There are between 300-500 people on site each day.

The NAACP says many of the contractors, including the company in charge of hanging the steel, are brought in from the south.

Scot X. Esdaile, from the NAACP, said, “It’s kind of ironic that they are from Lynchburg, Virginia, and they were brought on the site, and a lot of individuals from Florida and Texas and Georgia from the south have come up here to work on this particular site.

Carlos Best is an Iron Worker at the site. He said the racism runs rampant.

“Personally as the foreman, I just had to let somebody go for using racist remarks,” he said.

He added, “We hear a lot of stuff on the job site but it is kept quiet, some guys just want to get a paycheck and go home, But personally, on this job here, I have seen a lot of racism. This is not the only construction site that these things occur on, and it has to stop.”

There is now a $100,000 reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Windsor Police Department at (860) 688-5273.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The fbi is looking at all knots now- be very careful how you tie stuff!
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I found the problem. Southern workers are slow and lazy. They are probably angry that the New England workers are working harder making them look bad
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You get offended by a rope then you should go back home.

Now if a black person calls you a cracker or a honky or suggests white people should all die he is just expressing himself but if a white person says anything to a black person that is not praise, it is racist.

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You get offended by a rope then you should go back home.

Now if a black person calls you a cracker or a honky or suggests white people should all die he is just expressing himself but if a white person says anything to a black person that is not praise, it is racist.

View Quote

You assumed their gender
they - is the proper word even if singular! Never it !
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The fbi is looking at all knots now- be very careful how you tie stuff!
View Quote

So when I tie both of my shoes I am carrying four nooses?

What if I signal the okay sign while carrying my four nooses on my shoes?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm willing to bet there is more to this.  

Reads too much like a scene in a mob movie.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm willing to bet there is more to this.  

Reads too much like a scene in a mob movie.
View Quote

Probably some Union thugs
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you own a dog?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Another noose is reported to have been found. One would think that after the first noose or two Amazon or the construction company would have put up cameras to try and catch who ever is putting up the rope.

NAACP: Windsor Amazon worksite shutting down again after 8th noose found on site
https://www.wtnh.com/news/latest-news/naacp-windsor-amazon-worksite-shutting-down-again-after-another-noose-found-on-site/

Another noose has been found at the Windsor Amazon worksite, the President of the Connecticut NAACP told News 8 Wednesday morning.

The site will once again shut down for an unconfirmed amount of time, according the NAACP.

The construction site was shut down this past weekend and reopened Monday as officials investigated the seven other nooses found on site since April.

The NAACP will provide an update later Wednesday afternoon with more information.

As of Monday, a $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Another noose is reported to have been found. One would think that after the first noose or two Amazon or the construction company would have put up cameras to try and catch who ever is putting up the rope.

NAACP: Windsor Amazon worksite shutting down again after 8th noose found on site
https://www.wtnh.com/news/latest-news/naacp-windsor-amazon-worksite-shutting-down-again-after-another-noose-found-on-site/

Another noose has been found at the Windsor Amazon worksite, the President of the Connecticut NAACP told News 8 Wednesday morning.

The site will once again shut down for an unconfirmed amount of time, according the NAACP.

The construction site was shut down this past weekend and reopened Monday as officials investigated the seven other nooses found on site since April.

The NAACP will provide an update later Wednesday afternoon with more information.

As of Monday, a $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
View Quote

Comedy gold
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Amazon should pack up and leave while telling the naacp to go fuck themselves.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
NAACP, town of Windsor putting further pressure on Amazon after 8th noose found at Windsor worksite
https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/hartford/naacp-windsor-amazon-worksite-shutting-down-again-after-another-noose-found-on-site/

Another noose has been found at the Windsor Amazon worksite, the President of the Connecticut NAACP told News 8 Wednesday morning. The site will once again shut down for an unconfirmed amount of time.

The Windsor Police said the noose was found by a worker mixed in with and entangled with electrical cords used for lighting at the job site.

They say the worker reported that these cords had not been used for more than two weeks and were being stored on a pallet amongst other electrical equipment on the floor. When the worker went to detangle the cords he discovered the short piece of rope which had a noose tied to the end.

“He immediately reported it and officers on site responded. Due to the serious nature of this and previous incidents at this site, all construction activities were ceased, workers were removed from the building, and were briefed on today’s incident,” Windsor Police reported. “The FBI and the Connecticut State Police both responded to assist with today’s discovery and to conduct a complete canvass of the facility.”

They say, so far, over 100 employees of the construction site have been interviewed by law enforcement as part of the investigation.

Windsor Town Manager Peter Souza stated, “These acts of hate and intimidation have no place in Windsor. We continue our efforts with the FBI and Connecticut State Police to investigate and find the person or persons responsible.”

The construction site was also shut down this past weekend and reopened Monday as officials investigated the seven other nooses found on site since April.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#15]
We should test these nooses to see if they are really nooses. I nominate Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, AOC and the muslim from Minnesota Omar something for starters
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Just heard on the radio this morning that they found #8.

You'd think with all the attention this was getting, they would have put up camera by now. Have the FBI on the case and still can't figure out who done it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I can picture the worker now.......
Blowing his rape whistle so that a man could come to his aide to get the big bad knotted piece of rope away from him.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]
a $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
View Quote

The Boy Scouts better start watching what badges they give out
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You'd think with all the attention this was getting, they would have put up camera by now. Have the FBI on the case and still can't figure out who done it?
View Quote

Made the exact same comment up thread yesterday about security cams when I posted the article about the 8th noose being found.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Made the exact same comment up thread yesterday about security cams when I posted the article about the 8th noose being found.
View Quote

Top Men
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the FBI will say Richard Jewell did it.  No?  How's about Steven Hatfill?  Oh wait I know.  The FBI will blame Donald Trump.  Yeah that's it.  Orange man did it.

Fuck the FBI!

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Smells like someone is still upset at Amazon for bringing in out of staters or looks like sabotage.  I drive by this every day, the shut down didn’t seem to last too long, lot was full this morning.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Another Fake “Noose” Causes Mass Panic in America! ??
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I found this on FaceBook. You decide if real/true.

So a family member works security at the Amazon construction site.  The bottom picture is rope actually found and top picture is what they are showing you.  Bottom definitely not a noose and if you enlarge the top picture how come the red rope becomes blurry ( pic straight off channel 3 website).
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Skids are racist, where have you been?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Skids are racist, where have you been?
View Quote

I have always had suspicions.... now it’s confirmed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top