Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2020 11:21:35 AM EDT
Has anyone noticed very odd behavior from gun shop we have frequented in the past?

This has just happened to me. Bob’s Sporting Goods in Hazleton I buy 5.7 ammo from them or I have on the past. They never gave me a issue with telling me the price of ammo over the phone. I live 30 min or so away so I call around to shops to see if they have what I want. Never had a issue until today. The guy wouldn’t tell me his name and said we don’t discuss prices over the phone.   i said since when? I purchased 1000 rounds of SS198 and tons of SS197 from them in the past ( grabbing a few boxes here and there each time for years no issues) Now all of the sudden they won’t tell me anything over the phone?

I explain to the guy  I am not a new customer, and I been to their shop dozens of times. I also told him I live over 30 min away, and I would like to know what they have available and a ruff price before making the trip. He wouldn’t tell me anything. So I asked when did you decide to change your policy for phone calls because this was never a issue in the past for your regular customers. He then just hung up on me. WTF right ? I was not rude or loud I just explained I would like to know a ball park price on ammo and what type you have available before i do a 30 plus minute drive each way. I am assume they adjust their prices based on the customers looks now? If they can price gouge in person maybe I dunno. I swear we are own worst enemy in this industry vs anti 2A people.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need to find another shop to give your hard earned money to.  I get it, hes probably gotten tons of phone calls, but thats part of being a business.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
my local shop wont sell anything to unknown customers right now.  You have to call to make an appointment and if he doesn't know you, he wont open for you.
He's trying to limit his exposure to the public.

His business, his rules.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By billclo:
Sounds like you need to find another shop to give your hard earned money to.  I get it, hes probably gotten tons of phone calls, but thats part of being a business.
View Quote

no it’s not that i  identified myself he knows who i am. Then he claimed he never gives prices over the phone. I told him that is not the case i always called prior to driving the long drive to his shop for Ss198lf ammo. He was the only gunshop that would stock that ammo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You lost me at buying ammo from a gun shop.

Maybe its just where I'm at, but other than for used guns or transfers I hardly see the point anymore.  Buying guns, ammo, and accessories online is almost always cheaper. The internet has put a lot of small gun stores out of business, but it sounds like your dealer is trying pretty hard to do that for himself.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By shaggy:
You lost me at buying ammo from a gun shop.

Maybe its just where I'm at, but other than for used guns or transfers I hardly see the point anymore.  Buying guns, ammo, and accessories online is almost always cheaper. The internet has put a lot of small gun stores out of business, but it sounds like your dealer is trying pretty hard to do that for himself.
View Quote

it’s cheaper to buy in bulk online correct. I always been a local shopper. I like or I used to like doing business with small business owners. The atmosphere has changed a lot
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
If that place is in the same location in Hazleton, you should be wearing 1,000 rounds bandoliered ON YOU when you're on THAT street.

If you live North try Susquehanna Arms on Rt 11 in between Berwick/ Bloom, or Piestrak's in Nanticoke.

South, try Night Star Munitions  right off Rt 309 between Hazleton and McAdoo.

I agree with other poster, in that I only buy bulk on-line (not during scares or crisis).
Or, I find a deal on PAFOA classifieds that's a close FTF.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By parrisisland1978:
If that place is in the same location in Hazleton, you should be wearing 1,000 rounds bandoliered ON YOU when you're on THAT street.

If you live North try Susquehanna Arms on Rt 11 in between Berwick/ Bloom, or Piestrak's in Nanticoke.

South, try Night Star Munitions  right off Rt 309 between Hazleton and McAdoo.

I agree with other poster, in that I only buy bulk on-line (not during scares or crisis).
Or, I find a deal on PAFOA classifieds that's a close FTF.
View Quote

Dave’s gunship in drums has good prices on ammo but he been shutdown since the beer aids. I call him once a week and they keep pushing back their return dates to open

yes it’s the one on wyoming ave. I don’t have issues in that area hazleton isn’t any worse then any other ghetto in pa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top