Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2021 1:49:56 PM EDT
Ok, so I have been a member for about 2 months now. Pretty neat place, and i have liked spending time at the bench rest and high power areas. I am left with a couple of questions though. Is there an area for varying distance carbine training, like on steel targets or paper where you can work range transitions? Also, same question for pistol. I am sure there are areas I have yet to see, but those are a couple of areas I am hoping to find, or something to plug those gaps.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, action pistol and Cowboy ranges.

The 2 blackpowder ranges are bigger if you need room.  100 yard by 50 or so yards.

Couple of rules.

Don't shoot any of the club's steel with jacketed bullets (except for the beater at 100 yrds on BP range #1)  and don't shoot any of the props.

ALWAYS make sure your rounds hit a berm.  Left and right berms are ok.   If you are going to shoot at something close to the ground, then put it near a berm and move closer to it as needed.   Rounds that hit the ground WILL skip over the berm and travel further than you think.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I will go check out the action pistol range after the picnic this Saturday and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve wanted to join for years but the no full auto is a huge turn off. It sucks trying to find full auto friendly ranges.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've wanted to join for years but the no full auto is a huge turn off. It sucks trying to find full auto friendly ranges.
View Quote

That is for insurance reasons.  Not political.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the longest target range?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
High power range is like 600 yards. If your wanting to reach out Fouled Bore is the place to go.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
High Power range either 900 or 1,000 yds. You must attend a special training before using that range, contact person listed in the newsletter as responsible for that range.
View Quote

They are looking into making it 900 or 1000.   I personally don't think it will happen though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top