BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By King_Mud:
It doesn't matter who may be selling it, the Shockwave is illegal according to OK law. Whether or not anyone cares is another story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OlPinOKC:
Originally Posted By sed6:
Non-NFA SBS okay in OK?

I don't think so. Read about them here.

Here's why. Law

All of which bums me out. I had planned on shortening my new PGO Mossberg to 14" but it looks like I'll need to submit a Form 1 first. Anyone have opinions or other info that might help?

click for a pic
Now OK dealers are selling the Mossberg Shockwave version of this firearm.This seems to imply that it is legal in Oklahoma. (The definition cited in this post seems to make handguns like 410 derringers, T/C Contender, Judge, Governor Sawed Off Shotguns)
"It is illegal to possess a sawed-off shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches) or a sawed-off rifle (barrel less than 16 inches or total length less than 26 inches). Possessing a sawed-off weapon in a felony punishable by a maximum of 2 years in prison."

"A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion."
It doesn't matter who may be selling it, the Shockwave is illegal according to OK law. Whether or not anyone cares is another story.
i'm sure this has been settled, but the bolded bit above makes the shockwave not a "sawed-off" shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: King_Mud] [#2]
Originally Posted By bushmaster069:
i'm sure this has been settled, but the bolded bit above makes the shockwave not a "sawed-off" shotgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bushmaster069:
Originally Posted By OlPinOKC:
Originally Posted By sed6:
Non-NFA SBS okay in OK?

I don't think so. Read about them here.

Here's why. Law

All of which bums me out. I had planned on shortening my new PGO Mossberg to 14" but it looks like I'll need to submit a Form 1 first. Anyone have opinions or other info that might help?

click for a pic
Now OK dealers are selling the Mossberg Shockwave version of this firearm.This seems to imply that it is legal in Oklahoma. (The definition cited in this post seems to make handguns like 410 derringers, T/C Contender, Judge, Governor Sawed Off Shotguns)
"It is illegal to possess a sawed-off shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches) or a sawed-off rifle (barrel less than 16 inches or total length less than 26 inches). Possessing a sawed-off weapon in a felony punishable by a maximum of 2 years in prison."

"A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion."
No, that section only applies to rifles or else a 16.1" barrel would also be legal. That section only pertains to the "sawed-off rifle" immediately preceding the bolded part in parenthesis as it is after the conjunction "or" and "sawed-off shotgun" has its own defining section "(barrel less than 18 inches)" making the two definitions distinct from each other.

It is illegal to possess a sawed-off shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches) or a sawed-off rifle (barrel less than 16 inches or total length less than 26 inches). Possessing a sawed-off weapon in a felony punishable by a maximum of 2 years in prison."
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#3]
So us the shock Wave gtg in OK or no bueno?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:31:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03PSD] [#4]
Permissible to CCW in church with a permit from a state that recipricates with OK?
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
SB24 takes effect november 1st which defines Shockwave pistol grip only shotguns as "Not Sawed off Shotguns" so they should be completely legal now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:36:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#6]
Ok, scanned what seemed to be the applicable links in the 2nd post, coming up for the Tulsa show:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/O-Fisheel-Tulsa-Wanenmacher-s-10-11-APRIL-Kilkenny-s-Sat-Night-7-45-New-POLL-up-for-Fri/5-2430597/

Texas LTC, looks like I can carry into a restaurant, but I can't drink even one beer while carrying?

Looks like I can carry a loaded rifle in my vehicle, as long as I'm in or nearby the vehicle?  Am I nearby if I'm in a restaurant, or do I need to carry the SUB-2000 into the restaurant?

Know I can't carry into the show, and I see I can't carry into a bar.  How do I tell a bar from a restaurant?

Anything in Oklahoma law prohibiting carrying a loaded rifle in a case on the person?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Are we still Required to notify? I thought that had changed?

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69791
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top