PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:56:15 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:

if you offer to let people drive in the night before and camp, you'd get increased attendance from people outside the area.  You get enough people doing that, you could name the march the next day The Hangover Games
View Quote
I like the way you think...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:52:12 PM EDT
Can y'all think about planning a ruck near Escambia County during the weekend of 26-27 SEP?  I'll be in Pensacola and I'd love to share some misery with y'all.  I know the panhandle might be a long shot, but beers would be on me for the entire crew, if it happens.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:28:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:39:26 PM EDT
No Key West chapters to allow a NOVA Battle Buddy to join in while I'm here for a week?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:25:23 PM EDT
List updated with @Signal_Zero and @Bowhntr6pt
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:43:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BOOST:
Can y'all think about planning a ruck near Escambia County during the weekend of 26-27 SEP?  I'll be in Pensacola and I'd love to share some misery with y'all.  I know the panhandle might be a long shot, but beers would be on me for the entire crew, if it happens.
View Quote
@BOOST

There’s a little node forming in Pensacola right now. You could probably convince @DamonSriv to get one rolling
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:47:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2020 10:47:09 PM EDT by leftytheking]
Originally Posted By fsj_man:
No Key West chapters to allow a NOVA Battle Buddy to join in while I'm here for a week?
View Quote
You’d end up rucking into the ocean
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:11:18 PM EDT
One more for the Tampa Bay area here. Hopefully I'll see y'all on the 22nd. Also, there are a few places a little north of Tampa that could work well - Flatwoods Park has a roughly 7-mile paved loop with several additional unpaved trails running throughout. Hillsborough River State Park also has a lot of more natural hiking opportunities ranging from 1-6 miles and with varying levels of difficulty.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:14:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By leftytheking:

You’d end up rucking into the ocean
View Quote
There was a decent stretch of sea wall that I was able to run six miles on.  Saw plenty of "Come and Take It" stickers on trucks, so there have got to be some like minded people down there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:07:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CZRider:
One more for the Tampa Bay area here. Hopefully I'll see y'all on the 22nd. Also, there are a few places a little north of Tampa that could work well - Flatwoods Park has a roughly 7-mile paved loop with several additional unpaved trails running throughout. Hillsborough River State Park also has a lot of more natural hiking opportunities ranging from 1-6 miles and with varying levels of difficulty.
View Quote
Added to the list
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:39:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BOOST:
View Quote
We are working on a Panhandle group.  As time gets closer, I think we can arrange a hike on that day.  I Myself will likely be doing my day job in Alaska when it happens, but I hope by then we have a  crew established that can handle the logistics.

Speaking of hikes for the panhandle, im posting one up here in a few for 2 weeks from now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:50:37 AM EDT
North Broward here, and I would be down for events in the area. This is my busy season so my schedule is pretty tight, only really off Sunday.

I'm also a poor and have a barely working death trap for transportation, long trips would be an issue until I can give my truck some love.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:15:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By maximscorpio:
North Broward here, and I would be down for events in the area. This is my busy season so my schedule is pretty tight, only really off Sunday.

I'm also a poor and have a barely working death trap for transportation, long trips would be an issue until I can give my truck some love.
View Quote
Added
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:20:20 PM EDT
@leftytheking
I'm in the Ocala area most weekends, but work in Tampa during the week.
I could conceivably make Jax, Orlando or Tampa events.
Thanks, Inimicalone
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:12:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:
@leftytheking
I'm in the Ocala area most weekends, but work in Tampa during the week.
I could conceivably make Jax, Orlando or Tampa events.
Thanks, Inimicalone
View Quote
Added
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:00:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By leftytheking:

Added
View Quote
I am very glad to see Arfcommers taking charge in their AO and making events happen. If you hold an event, people will come!

It might only be 4 people, might be a dozen, but keep the momentum going and attendance WILL grow.

In the Tampa Bay area, we are considering making this a standing monthly event and rotating it back and forth between Pinellas County (Gulf side of the bay with Clearwater and St Pete) and the Tampa side, and picking new hiking locations each time.  That way, no side of this 4 million-people area is left out, and it is convenient for people from Gainesville, Orlando, even Jacksonville to join us at Tampa-side events.

We are seeing a lot of interest in Arfcommers from across the state attending each others events.  Consider starting your events at 0900 or 0930  so out-of-towners are more likely to make a 2-hour trip to join you.  Camaraderie and networking can and should be more than just in your local AO.  Our Largo hike this pst weekend had folks from hours away, including Pasco County, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and Miami.  Now those guys are starting their own events in their AO.  Good stuff!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:02:35 PM EDT
New FLBB event:  Tampa-area hike 14 Mar 20 at 0900, location TBD

Please post in that thread if you intend to come so we can get a tentative headcount.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:20:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:23:45 AM EDT
excellent, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:35:38 PM EDT
Excellent!  Good to have all these in one place.  As stated above, please respond in the below thread for a headcount.

FLBB Hike - Miami - 08 Mar 2020
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:30:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2020 1:55:13 PM EDT by leftytheking]
Current state schedule:

North Region

PANHANDLE
22 FEB, 0900

JACKSONVILLE
16 FEB, 0900
29 MAR, 0900

TALLAHASSEE
N/A

Central Region

GAINESVILLE/OCALA
18 APR, 0930

ORLANDO
29 FEB, 0930

TAMPA
22 FEB, 1300
14 MAR, 0900

South Region

MIAMI
08 MAR, 0900

PORT CHARLOTTE
N/A

Other
@Bowhntr6pt Carbine/Pistol Class, Aucilla near Tallahassee:
21-22 MAR (full)
18-19 APR (full)

Not sure about a locations list yet. I’ll get to it one of these days. Also thinking we’ll do a master list of AAR comments as we learn.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 8:43:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lowdrag82:
In...I’m in Pompano Beach...have gear will travel.
View Quote
Also in Pompton.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2020 7:04:01 PM EDT by verticalgain]
I went out today and scouted the Yearling Trail in the Ocala Forest.  I found a route that is 6.1 miles long, beautiful scenery, mostly straw covered hard pack trail, really nice.  This is a big loop, so the idea for this one would be for one of our 6 mile qualifiers for people who have already completed the first steps.

I am going to post a thread with a detailed OPORD and trail conditions report later this afternoon,  but I'm looking at setting this one in Mid-April, either the 11th or the 18th depending on what works best for people.  The 11th is Easter weekend, those with kids might have plans so give me input in that thread as to which weekend will work best.

The Yearling Trail is around 2 hours from Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville city centers.  Florida Hikes Link

Date Set for the 18th barring any problems.

FLBB OCALA FOREST HIKE 4-18-2020
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:48:30 PM EDT
NE FL battle buddies hike scheduled for March 29, 2020 at 0900 at the Baldwin Rail Trail. Please see the main posting for more details
NE FL Hike 03/29
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 1:56:06 PM EDT
Schedule updated
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2020 8:22:39 PM EDT by MoarCoffee]
The next hike for the Miami chapter of FLBB: FLBB / APC Hike - Markham Park, Broward County - 22 Mar 2020 @ 0900

I'm holding this at Markham to give better access for Broward and Palm Beach, as well as to give our Port Charlotte brethren a shot at it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:09:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 2:53:39 PM EDT
Tagscribed.

I'm in Fort Lauderdale.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top