Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2019 6:46:59 PM EDT
Real Simple . . .

If you are a Florida Resident, post some pics of your favorite toys and range. The other Home Town Forums are active. We need to spice up ours and reclaim the title of GUNSHINE STATE!

My ugle self at Talon Range.

Mrs. Miami_JBT at Talon Range in Midway, FL.

She even shoots in the rain.

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a few for now to get the thread rolling

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Miami! You guys rocking the old SW 3rd gens!

Mine, simple carbine, was taken at my old home in Moyock. I've only been to the outdoor range at Knights Trail and will get to Manatee one day.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of my HK clone SBRs (still very jelly of david05111's HK.....nicccceeeeee....)

GF trying out the AMD-65 SBR at Take Aim (Sarasota)

Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of my HK clone SBRs (still very jelly of david05111's HK.....nicccceeeeee....)

https://i.imgur.com/EoNCHse.jpg

GF trying out the AMD-65 SBR at Take Aim (Sarasota)

https://i.imgur.com/4SuXJKl.png
View Quote
We’ve gotta get together at some point and throw some lead man.  What part of the state are you?
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Miami! You guys rocking the old SW 3rd gens!

Mine, simple carbine, was taken at my old home in Moyock. I've only been to the outdoor range at Knights Trail and will get to Manatee one day.
http://i.imgur.com/KuLk1OA.jpg
View Quote
Nice pics of the guns and family I can tell your at Talon, my sons range I'm jealous nothing anywhere as nice in the SW.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We’ve gotta get together at some point and throw some lead man.  What part of the state are you?
View Quote
Sounds good to me! We're in the Bradenton area, but literally "Have Guns, Will Travel"! How about you?

We USED to have some fun shoots at Area 51 at Manatee...
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds good to me! We're in the Bradenton area, but literally "Have Guns, Will Travel"! How about you?

We USED to have some fun shoots at Area 51 at Manatee...
View Quote
I live in the Jax area now.  Lived in St. Pete for 3 years ending 2013.  Sometimes I miss the area.

I’m out of the state until the fall.  I’ll shoot you a PM or something when I get back
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a few I enjoy shooting often.

Grandson and grand daughter at Shoot Straight:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Tap tap tap!!

@david05111 and I have discussed a machinegun day a few years back and it never really materialized. I'm always up for it still! Well, I'm also out of the country for a little while, but it would be great when I get back... Plus I have access to my brother's MP40 as well so having both on the range is always fun.

There's not enough machinegun shoots or subgun matches in this state....
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/30615/JPEG_20190617_182405_jpg-1005988.JPG

Tap tap tap!!

@david05111 and I have discussed a machinegun day a few years back and it never really materialized. I'm always up for it still! Well, I'm also out of the country for a little while, but it would be great when I get back... Plus I have access to my brother's MP40 as well so having both on the range is always fun.

View Quote
Yeah, I should have followed up more with that.  Hit me up when you’re back in country
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/30615/JPEG_20190617_182405_jpg-1005988.JPG

View Quote
You got that right! As far as Subgun matches, they have a great one at Port Malabar but I wish there was something for us West Coast guys (I'm in the Sarasota/Brandenton area).

The old Area51 machinegun shoots were awesome. Seems like now the only thing out there is shoots where a dealer brings a bunch of post samples that people pay to shoot. Sad...
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You got that right! As far as Subgun matches, they have a great one at Port Malabar but I wish there was something for us West Coast guys (I'm in the Sarasota/Brandenton area).

The old Area51 machinegun shoots were awesome. Seems like now the only thing out there is shoots where a dealer brings a bunch of post samples that people pay to shoot. Sad...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah since the fucking damn liberals moved in and took over Manatee Gun Club they've instituted all kinds of bullshit.

They absolutely hate AR-15 style rifles. They are a bolt gun club. For match/bench rest shooting.

They will deny everything I've said here. But they are catering to the boarder line antigunners. I've actually spoken to them. They cannot understand why anyone needs an AR or as they put it assault weapon.

They've said they need to ban them. That's what most of the shooters there have said when I just show up with a bolt gun to shoot and they get talking about guns.

The last time FSN shot there they LITTERALLY attacked everyone there. Claiming we were violating rules. When it was the other range.

They shut us down. As far as I know they will not allow FSN back to shoot. Citing some bullshit rules.

Yet they let other groups come and shoot still. But not FSN. WE ARE A ASSAULT WEAPONS GROUP NOT CIVILIZED ENOUGH FOR REPUTATION.

They limited their membership to eventually get all bench rest members. It's all POLITICS.

What's stupid is when you shoot down range. Say at 100 yds. You hit paper target. Your bullet will go through paper and keep going. Two, three, four, five hundred yards. Maybe more depending on caliber.

But if you want you shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 ect.. you must qualify to show you can hit the target. Before they will allow you to shoot at those targets.

Well if your new or want to practice at those ranges. How do you train to hit targets at those distances or even learn to sight in your weapon.

But it's stupid, like you bullet is going to stop at 100 yds after going through a paper target and not go further. The whole purpose of going to a gun range is to learn to shoot and sight in your weapon.

But seriously they really frown upon so called tactical weapons and are turning against what they consider assault weapons. They want a gentleman's gun club.

They do not like how some of us look I guess
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah since the fucking damn liberals moved in and took over Manatee Gun Club they've instituted all kinds of bullshit.

They absolutely hate AR-15 style rifles. They are a bolt gun club. For match/bench rest shooting.

They will deny everything I've said here. But they are catering to the boarder line antigunners. I've actually spoken to them. They cannot understand why anyone needs an AR or as they put it assault weapon.

They've said they need to ban them. That's what most of the shooters there have said when I just show up with a bolt gun to shoot and they get talking about guns.

The last time FSN shot there they LITTERALLY attacked everyone there. Claiming we were violating rules. When it was the other range.

They shut us down. As far as I know they will not allow FSN back to shoot. Citing some bullshit rules.

Yet they let other groups come and shoot still. But not FSN. WE ARE A ASSAULT WEAPONS GROUP NOT CIVILIZED ENOUGH FOR REPUTATION.

They limited their membership to eventually get all bench rest members. It's all POLITICS.

What's stupid is when you shoot down range. Say at 100 yds. You hit paper target. Your bullet will go through paper and keep going. Two, three, four, five hundred yards. Maybe more depending on caliber.

But if you want you shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 ect.. you must qualify to show you can hit the target. Before they will allow you to shoot at those targets.

Well if your new or want to practice at those ranges. How do you train to hit targets at those distances or even learn to sight in your weapon.

But it's stupid, like you bullet is going to stop at 100 yds after going through a paper target and not go further. The whole purpose of going to a gun range is to learn to shoot and sight in your weapon.

But seriously they really frown upon so called tactical weapons and are turning against what they consider assault weapons. They want a gentleman's gun club.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#17]
@firemedic2000 @osprey21

I hear you both. I shit almost weekly from 2010 to the time Chris Baden took over.  I think Chris Baden was largely responsible for taking the club in the wrong direction. He has since quit and the new leadership seems to be pulling the nose up.

I’ve been about 12 times in the last 6 months and black rifles outnumber all others by a wide margin.

I have also noticed that the new RSOs are far more friendly and professional. It might be worth it to give it another shot now that things have changed again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I might try it again. Maybe.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I went out to Manatee a few months after that debacle to ask about hosting a shoot. After the lady gave me the run-down on the new "rules" I laughed in her face and walked out.  I'll never set foot on the Manatee Gun Club's property again.
View Quote
I bet she told you that you had to have one million in insurance didn't she. Along with a bunch of other crap.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a shame that a bunch of people basically from up North move down here and as USUAL take over everything and start changing everythings.

How many years had members from FSN and AR15.COM been setting shoots there. With zero problems pretty much.

Even camping out there at area 51. I remember doing that. Never an issue. Great bunch of guys that ran the club.

Then all of a sudden these new people move in do a hostile take over of the club. Then go after people with full autos and other weapons.

They blamed us for every complaint they got.

Their intentions were to do a high end shooting club. I know a guy that's on the board or was. I don't know if he still is.

Even he is anti black rifle and said most of the staff was also. That the guns gave the club a bad image some how.

Beats me......their goal was to cater to high end bench rest shoots, competitive shoots ect....they figured if they raised the fee to shoot for none members. Then raise membership fees and limit the number of members.

They could control the number of black rifle shooters and members. Plus put the stupid you must qualify to shoot at whatever distance you want to shoot.

To make sure you can hit the target and not miss.

Even though the bullet keeps going no matter what distance you shoot from. When it goes through a paper target.

I told him that you guys could kiss my Azz. You just screwing with people.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep

She's the one (well her and some douche dressed like Johnny Safari) that came out in the golf cart when the bitching started.
View Quote

Johnny safari had to have been Baden.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Anyone in the Panhandle area? No pics of my range but I shoot at Altus in Baker.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Altus is only two hours from me. Never been there. How is it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Great training facility. Distance out to 940 yards with 1000 available depending on how the range is operating that day. Pistol bays and rifle bays with plenty of steel. Its a great range and run by some great people.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#26]
What the guest policy and cost?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Members can have 1 guest and the price is $30 for the guest. If your ever in the area let me know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/tNw5SV7.jpg

Anyone in the Panhandle area? No pics of my range but I shoot at Altus in Baker.
View Quote
Dang!  Those look nice!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#29]
The Crooked Branch Ranch Gun Range, Liquor Store & Cigar Emporium.

Growing in the pasture

View from the shooting station

Left side of the berm

Right side of the berm

The bench

My son taking the first shot

Some of the hardware we shoot
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Very nice. I'm assuming that is your home range. If so you are living the dream!
View All Quotes
@rssc
My humble slice of the dream.
Taking care of the 2.5 acres for the pasture is a lot of work.
The 2 horses only graze where they want to & keeping the other areas mowed to promote growth takes about 4 hours.
I use a small amount of milorganite only where i need it but that shit (no pun intended) ain't cheap.
It's 150 yards to the berm. We set up targets at 25, 50, 75, & 100 yards. We run pistol drills on steel at the berm.
Paper targets at 15ft or less at the berm. Run drills with a draw at close range. It's an eye opener drawing as fast as you can & putting 3 rounds on a target at close range. You can miss more than you think.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@rssc
My humble slice of the dream.
Taking care of the 2.5 acres for the pasture is a lot of work.
The 2 horses only graze where they want to & keeping the other areas mowed to promote growth takes about 4 hours.
I use a small amount of milorganite only where i need it but that shit (no pun intended) ain't cheap.
It's 150 yards to the berm. We set up targets at 25, 50, 75, & 100 yards. We run pistol drills on steel at the berm.
Paper targets at 15ft or less at the berm. Run drills with a draw at close range. It's an eye opener drawing as fast as you can & putting 3 rounds on a target at close range. You can miss more than you think.
View Quote
Congrats! One of these days I want to pickup a piece of property and do something similar (the range) in my area. No doubt it’s a lot of work but also has to be very rewarding.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Dang Bro! I need to get up with you soon to launch some .22's! In about a a month, I will be about 20 miles closer.

Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can I be a member?

Nice piece of property! That's my goal.
View Quote
Of course. Member dues are cheap, bring cigars & ammo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dang Bro! I need to get up with you soon to launch some .22's! In about a a month, I will be about 20 miles closer.
View Quote
You got my number, just holler at me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I be a member?

Nice piece of property! That's my goal.
Done!

Bacardi and whatever is in my humidor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I've given up on Markham park, I drive twice the distance now to Homestead Training Center and love it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Did some testing at work on my range. Ran my Lage mac 10 9mm with drum. Lage Mac 11 with 556 upper...a larue predatar and some tannerite. Good times inside! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXs_ijCmUc
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank you, i'm web forum semi impaired :)
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hello from Sanford!
View Quote
I thought the ranged looked familiar.
Headed out there this morning hoping the rain would let up but it didn't.
Turned around and went back home or I could have posted some pictures.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Email inbound...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top