Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/28/2022 12:28:23 PM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxj5n7gw2yqrPaCHfnzhfxLEGU0j1Ues2T

Institute for Justice:

CASE UPDATE: Jeremy Bennett has dismissed his federal lawsuit against the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) after the agency removed its regulation allowing warrantless business inspections. ODNR also compensated Jeremy for his troubles—namely, a 2021 prosecution for allegedly “refusing” a warrantless inspection of his shop.

“I’m glad that I was able to make changes that apply to every Ohio business required to keep records by ODNR, not just my own,” said Jeremy. “For too long, Ohio taxidermists and deer processors have been subject to search at any time. But the new regulation requires these officers to seek our consent or get a warrant before entering—which means our constitutional rights as private property owners are respected. Accomplishing this for everyone is a tremendous feeling.”

ODNR’s regulation gave state game wardens virtually unlimited power to enter people’s private shops—without consent or a warrant—and spend hours snooping around. That regulation squarely violated the Fourth Amendment, and we’re delighted that Ohio has abandoned it!

Learn more about Jeremy's case here:
Taxidermist Threatened with Jail for Refusing Warrantless Search

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a great change for freedom and privacy.
are there more specifics on what changes have been made?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember reading about this a while back. I'm glad to see the outcome was a good one!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top