Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2022 4:26:57 PM EDT
Sorry for the later notice; I wanted to debut a new route this week, but it was contingent on weather.  A quick check this afternoon showed the Difficult Run trail a mud pit, so we're back to the usual.  

This is a low-profile hike from Hunter Mill Road to Reston Town Center.  Karens have receded back into the shadows, but still abound.  Helmets and NODs are good protection from those errant drunk cyclists.  

Plan for light rain, but the trail doesn't mud up.  In addition to Difficult Run, we have another new route from this step off point that will need to wait for dryer weather.

Standard boilerplate follows;
PM me if you need directions to the step off point.
Step off will be after sundown, so bring a head lamp or flashlight if you're scared of the dark.  NODs are are in season.  
Leashed K9's are welcome.  We will see deer and other critters so use your judgement.
Wear good boots / socks.  
Bring water.
Return trip will be in the dark.  Bring lighting of your choice.  
PM me if you want off the notifications list.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
@58Teague
@Akos
@Apec
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
@Carpangler
@cjsoccer4
@DK-Prof
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
@ExpansionShock
@fsj_man
@GunLvrPHD
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
@homeyclaus
@MARNESAPPER
@N2CH_556
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
@nate1213VA
@skydive70
@SonofLiberty177­­­­5
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
@USMC2671
@WhiskersTh­­­­eCat
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
In with the hound
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
In unless the wife changes her mind again...
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#9]
In.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
…….and I’m out.  Stuck on a west coast call.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey guys, sorry ive not attended in months. (still see the notifications when i log on here)    

Any  new routes we might be able to take where full kit is not going to be a distraction?

Don't like being "that guy" who wants to OC a long gun on hikes.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#13]
SOL, How did we miss you?  We turned around a little early due to a foot issue and never saw you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Got delayed at home due to some shenanigans I wanted to keep an eye on.
When I got there I remembered the "new route" we discussed last week and took that.
It was nice and quiet--not a sole in sight!.....Seriously!
I did have a fox cross my back trail and sit down to watch me for a while, then barked at me--that was cool.
Also saw what I think was a rat foraging in the grass down along the creek --that was cool too.
Overall, it was a nice little trek. I finally realized it was the wrong route when I saw the Potomac

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I got there I remembered the "new route" we discussed last week and took that.
I did have a fox cross my back trail and sit down to watch me for a while, then barked at me--that was cool.
Also saw what I think was a rat foraging in the grass down along the creek --that was cool too.
Overall, it was a nice little trek. I finally realized it was the wrong route when I saw the Potomac

View Quote

You had a heck of a walk then.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Sound like a great and ...... long trek.  When did you get back to the jalopy?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#17]
@SonOfLiberty1775  Got my first sparrow.  Many to go.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome news---Now go total jihad on the rest of those flying rats.
I nailed a Starling this am-- snows days are always the best action.
Attachment Attached File

To answer your earlier question, I got back from the river trail early this morning.
Man, I'm tired
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree that snow days are great.  Nabbed four sparrows this morning.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome--Great way to start the day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top