Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2021 10:15:52 AM EDT
That was what Elsa was here last night. A lot of rain, some wind. This morning there were no trees down, everyone single had all their shingles and not a single cow was seen flying by during the night. As far as hurricanes go this one was a bust.
Not that I am complaining...
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Same.

It motivated me to get up on the roof yesterday and trim the trees that have been needing it, so my yard wasn't even full of tree trash afterwards.  Power stayed on too.  Coulda been alot worse, but I'm thankful it wasn't.  And I got a free paid day off work!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
We had light winds, lots of rain, dozens of traffic crashes, dozens of houses flooded, roadways underwater that have never been in the past and after an 8 hour shift at work filled up about 100 sandbags  two shop vacs and a sump pump to hold off 2 feet of rising water about to take the house, that water now has completely subsided....Never flooded in 45 years till they built 2000 houses down stream of the creek.

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had light winds, lots of rain, dozens of traffic crashes, dozens of houses flooded, roadways underwater that have never been in the past and after an 8 hour shift at work filled up about 100 sandbags  two shop vacs and a sump pump to hold off 2 feet of rising water about to take the house, that water now has completely subsided....Never flooded in 45 years till they built 2000 houses down stream of the creek.

View Quote

The developer of my neighborhood had to fix the problem when they created a similar issue. Call the city/ county.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Now the new damnyankees won't prepare for the next one.  Then we will have to act sad about their loss when a Cat 3 hits and they did not prepare.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I moved to my current location the county had about 70,000 residents - today it's nearly 430,000.  
View Quote

Disheartening, to say the least.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I moved to my current location the county had about 70,000 residents - today it's nearly 430,000.  
View Quote
The woods I used to camp in is now a condominium. The pond I learned to swim is now in the middle of a golf course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top