Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2020 10:57:02 PM EDT
I'm not going to vote for Lindsey Graham in the upcoming June 9th primary but I none of the other candidates appeal to me either. I wish there were a NONE OF THE ABOVE option on the ballot.

Dwanye "Duke" Buckner believes we should fight preventive wars abroad. Buckner also believes that illegal immigrants should register with the government, pay a fine and then be able to apply for citizenship. He is of the mind that if a person has a serious mental illness that affects his or her ability to act and behave rationally, they shouldn't have access to firearms (that sounds all well and and good until you start thinking about who is going to make that determination and what constitutes a mental illness worthy of having the state would take away your 2A rights e.g. possibly depression, P.T.S.D., Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety, panic attacks, Autism, A.D.D., Dementia, Gender Dysphoria or maybe Erectile Disfunction who knows). He also supports the promotion, protection and expansion of organic farming and organic livestock farming (nothing wrong with that if your alright with lower yields and higher food prices).

Micheal LaPierre talks more about religion than anything else and that if we had religious revival in our government that many of our problems would be fixed (while I believe that if people followed the teachings of Jesus Christ the world would be a much better place I don't think that Washington is going to become devout anytime soon so maybe other solutions should be sought in the meantime). He thinks we should expand the number of H1B visas and we should go to war with Iran to protect Israel.

Joe Reynolds says he will support commonsense regulation like universal background checks, red flag laws, and terrorist watch lists. He also mentions things like banning offshore drilling, voter fraud is fiction and we should work together with other nations on climate change. He's also a pants on head Never Trumper.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup. That primary looks horrible. I probably will vote 3rd party in the general election as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It is like voting for Donald or Hillary: You vote for the lesser of two evils- vote for those who would support the 2nd, not some unknown who won't state his positions clearly.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is like voting for Donald or Hillary: You vote for the lesser of two evils- vote for those who would support the 2nd, not some unknown who won't state his positions clearly.
View Quote

One good thing about living in solid red states is the fact that the republican margins of victory usually allow me to vote my conscience. I try to vote for the best candidate on the ballot (i.e. Pat Buchanan for president in 2000 / Trump in 2016) but in races where the outcome is in doubt, like you, I vote for the lesser of two evils. The bad thing about SC is because the state is so red that some of our republicans are democrats that just run as republicans so they can get elected, that and the many luke warm republicans that keep getting reelected because of name recognition, democrats voting for them in the open primaries, and the fact that some constituents like the power imcumbents hold in office versus the freshman status a newly elected official would hold.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One good thing about living in solid red states is the fact that the republican margins of victory usually allow me to vote my conscience. I try to vote for the best candidate on the ballot (i.e. Pat Buchanan for president in 2000 / Trump in 2016) but in races where the outcome is in doubt, like you, I vote for the lesser of two evils. The bad thing about SC is because the state is so red that some of our republicans are democrats that just run as republicans so they can get elected, that and the many luke warm republicans that keep getting reelected because of name recognition, democrats voting for them in the open primaries, and the fact that some constituents like the power imcumbents hold in office versus the freshman status a newly elected official would hold.
View Quote

Solid red? You sure about that Cochise? Have you paid any attention to the 95 / 20 corridor? Charleston, Columbia, Greenville and their surrounding election results? Just like Florida and Texas. They are coming for us. Now I have no love for Graham and McMaster has made me question him on his response to covid. But, for the most part they are quiet on 2A issues. Once you disregard the devil you know for an unknown you are taking a huge risk. Once gun control issues come into question it is down hill from there for the state. There are plenty of examples out there. Take a look. I’m not one to get between a man and his conscience but there is a reason we are losing and it’s called teamwork. We are too fractured to win.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Solid red? You sure about that Cochise? Have you paid any attention to the 95 / 20 corridor? Charleston, Columbia, Greenville and their surrounding election results? Just like Florida and Texas. They are coming for us. Now I have no love for Graham and McMaster has made me question him on his response to covid. But, for the most part they are quiet on 2A issues. Once you disregard the devil you know for an unknown you are taking a huge risk. Once gun control issues come into question it is down hill from there for the state. There are plenty of examples out there. Take a look. I’m not one to get between a man and his conscience but there is a reason we are losing and it’s called teamwork. We are too fractured to win.
View Quote

Republicans have had an edge in SC statewide elections since Fritz Hollings retired, even longer for presidential elections. Yes, some regions have good number of democrats while other like Jim Clyburn's district are solid blue but overall the republicans still have an advantage. Yes, it seems that advantage may be eventually imperiled by transplants and leftist organizations funded by the likes of Bloomberg and Soros just like what has happened in Virginia and North Carolina and is happening in Georgia, Florida and Texas. Until then many races are pretty much a lock for republicans which affords me the luxury of voting, at least in these one side races, for what I believe is the best candidate on the ballot (even if all the choices stink to some degree). In the closer races, where my vote might make the difference, I give my vote to the best candidate that has the best odds to win the race (i.e. the republican). This means that if Lindsey Graham were in a tight race I would vote for him in the hope the the democrat wouldn't win (I would vote against the democrat).

As far as choosing to vote, in the primary, for an apathetic incumbent or an unknown entity I think I'd rather take a gamble on somebody who might come through and demonstrate their righteousness over someone who has proven their incapacity to be effective or worse a record of supporting bad policies.

I don't believe we are losing because we are too fractured but because we are content with slowing down or stopping the left's progress. It seems when we get the ball we are happy with running out the clock while the left goes on the offensive every time they get power, working their way to their objective of transforming America. We should be trying to restore freedom instead of just trying to stop the further erosion of our rights.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are so sure that what it takes to soothe your conscience, why did you post about it? Trying to persuade someone here to join you? If we do have an edge, why gum up the works with an experimental vote? Why not maintain the edge?

Are you from NC Tar Heel? Or are you a southern carolina boy who picked that nickname?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are so sure that what it takes to soothe your conscience, why did you post about it? Trying to persuade someone here to join you? If we do have an edge, why gum up the works with an experimental vote? Why not maintain the edge?

Are you from NC Tar Heel? Or are you a southern carolina boy who picked that nickname?
View Quote

I posted mostly to complain about the pitiful field of senatorial candidates in the upcoming primary. Between the poor options and the power of the incumbent it's no wonder why hardly anyone is talking about the primary (which will no doubt have an effect, along with all the talk about the presidential primary being cancelled, on voter turnout). At least we'll get a chance to vote on limiting the primaries to their respective party members thus keeping the democrats, at least the ones that register, from taking part in the decision of who the republicans run in the general elections.

I'm not trying to persuade anybody on who to vote for although I would like to advocate that people take part in process of selecting our representatives and to vote on the referendums on the ballot. Again none of the choices are good but Graham has had ample opportunity to prove himself as being a typical two faced politician and I would rather take a gamble on a sending someone who might turn out better in his place. The odds are my vote won't make a bit of difference and Lindsey Graham will remain our Senator until he retires.

As far as being a Tarheel, I was born in North Carolina and my family has deep roots in The Old North State. While I've lived most of my life in South Carolina I still claim the country of my birth and that of my ancestors as my homeland.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Miss Lindsey will be tough to get rid of as long as the dems can vote for their favorite "republican" in the primary.
View Quote

We have a chance to limit that by voting "Yes" on the following question on the ballot.
Do you support giving voters the right to register to vote with the political party of their choice?

If I could try to sway anybodies decision in the June 9th primary it would be on this question. It irks me that the other parties can choose who the republicans run in the general election.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I posted mostly to complain about the pitiful field of senatorial candidates in the upcoming primary. Between the poor options and the power of the incumbent it's no wonder why hardly anyone is talking about the primary (which will no doubt have an effect, along with all the talk about the presidential primary being cancelled, on voter turnout). At least we'll get a chance to vote on limiting the primaries to their respective party members thus keeping the democrats, at least the ones that register, from taking part in the decision of who the republicans run in the general elections.

I'm not trying to persuade anybody on who to vote for although I would like to advocate that people take part in process of selecting our representatives and to vote on the referendums on the ballot. Again none of the choices are good but Graham has had ample opportunity to prove himself as being a typical two faced politician and I would rather take a gamble on a sending someone who might turn out better in his place. The odds are my vote won't make a bit of difference and Lindsey Graham will remain our Senator until he retires.

As far as being a Tarheel, I was born in North Carolina and my family has deep roots in The Old North State. While I've lived most of my life in South Carolina I still claim the country of my birth and that of my ancestors as my homeland.
View Quote

Fair enough. Maybe you aren’t a carpet bagger. I have no problem replacing Graham with a real constitutional conservative. Who do you have in mind?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Of the candidates available, I'm going with LaPierre.
View Quote

Does the H1B expansion not worry you?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m going to admit that since his overlord McStain died, I’ve been pleased with him.  I just hope it’s not a front for election.  I do see a lot of hot air still, but that’s anyone in politics.  LG is a supporter of AR’s and has spoke out in favor of them in the past.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fair enough. Maybe you aren’t a carpet bagger. I have no problem replacing Graham with a real constitutional conservative. Who do you have in mind?
View Quote

I don't see a constitutional conservative in this primary. Maybe next time Graham's term comes up he will have a stronger challenger in the primary or better yet he'll retire and be replaced with a staunch constitutional conservative (a man can dream right).
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
The Dem candidate is pushing hard, Hollywood and some corporate donors has basically bought him the election. The polls are showing a close race with Graham possibly losing. For all you guys saying you won't vote for Graham this time around, that means ONE LESS Republican in the Senate that we can actually apply pressure to for the votes we want. The Dem is EXTREMELY far left and will work hard to destroy us.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Dem candidate is pushing hard, Hollywood and some corporate donors has basically bought him the election. The polls are showing a close race with Graham possibly losing. For all you guys saying you won't vote for Graham this time around, that means ONE LESS Republican in the Senate that we can actually apply pressure to for the votes we want. The Dem is EXTREMELY far left and will work hard to destroy us.
View Quote

I am not voting for Lindsey Graham in the primary but since he is pretty much guaranteed to win and I doubt there will be anyone else on the ballot besides him and the democrat on the ballot in November I'll most likely end up voting for him again in the general election. Even if there is a better third party candidate in the general, if it is a close race, like the polls suggest it might be, I will vote for Graham to try to ensure that Harrison doesn't win.

I am definitely going to vote "Yes" (on June 9th) on the proposal that would require voter to register with the party to be allowed to vote in their primary, thus ending open primaries and the chance for democrats to sway the republican primary.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

And nowhere in all his TV advertising does the Dem mention his party affiliation.  Pretty slimy.  

As for the Republic primary candidates running against Graham, yeah.  A clown car.  At least the SC Republican Party isn't running an older-than-Biden klansman this time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am not voting for Lindsey Graham in the primary but since he is pretty much guaranteed to win and I doubt there will be anyone else on the ballot besides him and the democrat on the ballot in November I'll most likely end up voting for him again in the general election. Even if there is a better third party candidate in the general, if it is a close race, like the polls suggest it might be, I will vote for Graham to try to ensure that Harrison doesn't win.

I am definitely going to vote "Yes" (on June 9th) on the proposal that would require voter to register with the party to be allowed to vote in their primary, thus ending open primaries and the chance for democrats to sway the republican primary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I've met Harrison, and he scares me. He comes off as an all-around decent guy until he starts talking about his platform. Then the crazy in the head becomes apparent. I agree with you on the primary voting issue. Hopefully on down the road We'll get a more conservative Senator (if we can stop the purpling effect).
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#20]
LaPierre all the way. Dude has his head on straight and is worlds better than what we got now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Yeah, I held my nose this morning but I did vote.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If I was going to be driven by a single issue, it wouldn't be this one.
View Quote

Ok then. Tell me, how many people do you know that support H1B and are strong 2A supporters?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone notice the new voting machines that print in paper and then you scan your ballot into a separate machine?  Interesting....
View Quote

I like that there is a paper trail now.

The consolidation of three polling locations into one sucked pretty bad. We waited for about an hour to vote.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I voted absentee in the Republican primary.  All this talk of mail-in voting makes me think I probably got counted as voting in the Dem Primary.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I went to polling place at around 8am no line.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#28]
He has a lot of support. Too bad he supports red flag laws.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#29]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Xpwyd4aMM
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#30]
One vote for a Democrat is a vote to remove firearm ownership period, the agenda of the Democrats is clear as American Gun owning law-abiding people we must vote a Stright Republican ticket I think Lindsey has done a piss or job in the past but now I think his eyes are open and he has become more conservative than he was in the past. Its time we South Carolina Patriots take back our Republic and destroy the Left with the overwhelming support of the Republican Party is the answer. I would like to see all the gun-grabbing Democrats removed high office and hanged for treason and seditious act s against the people.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#31]
When he said he supported RED FLAG laws he said it had to have due process. For example, if someone said I going to do a shooting and it was reported you would have to have witnesses to back up your story and go before a judge to hear the case and witness would have to come backing up their claims. I am for RED FLAG laws with due process.   Face it some nuts get hold of guns and do these shootings but I did notice the majority are Democrats! I think if the Democrats and their offspring in Greenville Spartanburg would stop shooting people the shooting crime in those cities would drop by 99%. Think about that. I think any Judgement Past down to remove ones firearms must have due process when it comes to any Red Flag Law.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Well said Patriot the left has taken everything away from out Southern Past Symbols, Flags, Monuments, and declared every white Southerner a Racist they want to disarm us and take more .whats next bibles and history books our lives? My South Carolina ancestors were here long before South Carolina was a state the Republican Party & God are our only hope now. Our Southern Pride has been stripped away we can even sing the song, Dixie, in public .
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#33]
You got that right I think McCain was nothing but a yellow dog Democrat in a Republican Suit!
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#34]
As much I dislike Lindsey Graham I'll be voting for him in the general election in November because I believe he's worlds better than Jamie Harrison.

Jamie Harrison is a slick silver-tongued Ivy League educated political science major, who worked for Congressman Jim Clyburn as a staffer, then became lobbyist and afterwards became the SC DNC chair (so a long time swamp creature). All of this he has done with an eye to attain political power. Harrison would like nothing more than to fundamentally change the United States into something different than what we were founded as.

At least with Graham your getting a strong conservative blue dog democrat who talks a good game from time to time (but doesn't seem to follow through anywhere near as often) and promises principled compromise.

Re-electing Graham would be a return to the usual slow decline of America. If Harrison gets in office he would be another player orchestrating the destruction of our great nation.

I don't want to imagine what it would be like if Jamie Harrison gets elected. I will take the much lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#35]
I agree with Tarheel 85. I may even send Lindsey some money; which is an action I never contemplated before. Jamie H. is dangerous for the American way of life that we know and love.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top