Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2021 3:35:04 PM EDT
Are you guys getting packages? Fedex ..ups...etc

Or is the whole state pretty much shut down?

Any sign it will ease up in next few days/week?

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
North Texas here
I have not received mail all week

A package was supposed to have shipped Tuesday from best buy, I got a message it was delayed. Haven't heard anything else. Not sure if it's shipping from Texas or if they realize there's no point in putting it in the mail.

We haven't ordered anything from Amazon in a while but I have not seen their trucks. Normally I see them all the time

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw on news this morning that 1 guy drove 50 miles to buy 2 gal of gas for genny...is it that bad?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
South Texas here (north of Houston). No mail all week. I have not seen any trucks on the road either (Amazon, FedEx, UPS). Doesn't mean they're not out there...just that I haven't seen them, and they come through my neighborhood pretty regularly. I'm supposed to get a FedEx pkg tomorrow. We'll see. I am not hopeful.

I can only imagine most services (garbage, US mail, etc) are going to be backed up for a day or two at minimum.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw on news this morning that 1 guy drove 50 miles to buy 2 gal of gas for genny...is it that bad?
View Quote
I topped off the truck at Costco this morning.  5 miles from my house.  There was no limit imposed. Haven't heard of any gas problems locally
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, Dallas Ft Worth area. We are seeing deliveries. Had to help my postal carrier get he truck unstuck Tuesday, though. The geniuses there put chains only one one side instead of on both drive wheels. Unchained drive wheel was on ice and spinning endlessly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Currently carriers are dealing like the rest of us with power and road conditions.

Amazon in Austin stopped delivery work last Sunday and has not resumed. FedEx and ups same. May begin tomorrow.

In my neighborhood we can not get out due to ice on the roads still.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a package that fedex has been holding since Saturday, should have had it delivered Sunday. Right now tracking shows in transit, Waco the last 6 days.

Edit to add, we haven’t had mail since Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
So trying to ship some heater's down... is pointless.... would almost need to bring them down in a trailer....
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]
North DFW...have not had any USPS or FedEX since Saturday.  One UPS today.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
North dfw, all ups delayed to me, about 10 packages, fed ex packages say delayed, no ups stores close open, and both Usps packages sent out last Friday are in transit but haven't been scanned in a week, so probably stuck somewhere. Mail came today, but first time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a delivery from UPS today. I'm in the Humble area
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope, zero mail all week and my Fed Ex package that was literally being shipped from a business 45 minutes away (mail order only business, no store front) should have arrived on Monday but has been sitting at a Fed Ex hub here locally going no where.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Central TX here - no mail or USPS packages since Thursday, no UPS or FedEx this week. I paid for overnight FedEx shipping for a part for my refrigerator that quit working and it's been stuck in New York since Monday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So trying to ship some heater's down... is pointless.... would almost need to bring them down in a trailer....
View Quote

Correct. Pointless to ship them.

If you decide to bring them, be sure to bring a filled propane tank with each one, otherwise each one will be a paperweight.

And having said that, in two days it won’t matter as the weather will be above freezing during the day and bulk propane deliveries will have resumed.  And/ or electric service will have resumed to the vast majority of folks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
We got UPS today in College Station.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ve been talking to my FedEx rep, they’re backed up, in some cases 10 days.

I need to start shipping again, but we’re waiting a week until this backlog clears.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:19:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will be above freezing tomorrow and 70 degrees out before they get here so I wouldn’t bother.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Yesterday we got mail. Haven’t seen Amazon, UPS, or FedEx since Monday morning.
Edit: DFW
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Mailbox empty all week.  No packages delivered.  Received notices from UPS, FedEx and Amazon that deliveries will be delayed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Haven't checked the mail, but Amazon says we are suppose to get several deliveries today.

But thanks for the effort anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#21]
USPS starting delivering yesterday in Beaumont but haven't seen any others running yet. Only saw one trash company running today when I normally see three.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally got mail today, still no UPS, FedEx or Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Houston here. saw UPS truck and had mail delivery in my neighborhood Friday while city thawing out.
ETA: expecting Amazon delivery brought by UPS today.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#24]
In Austin, USPS started doing paper mail again on Saturday, but no packages until Monday. UPS and Fedex started back up Monday as well in my area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top