Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Boomers trying to get more shit banned for the youth.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
With normal bullets that looks like a safe place to shoot.  But, damn, that was stupid shooting those up there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Pure stupidity to say the least . I find it strange that there is a video of it. Who shot the video ? Why didn't they put it out when they saw it or at least call the fire department ? What kind of a moron would be video taped smiling while setting a fire ?  
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The article says they were shooting and filming themselves and this guy showed up to the shooting area and said watch this.  Sounds like they did call too.  Looking at the video that fire went up super quick and you couldn’t put that out on your own.  There’s a 30’ area that goes up in seconds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
We drove by just after it started.. first sheriff was on scene, first fire truck was half way there up the curves, and first USFS fire crew was a mile or two out from the bottom of the hill on their way.  It had JUST crested the top of the hill as we got close on our way down.  There was a LOT of growth from all the rain, and stuff was drying out fast already.

There were still a few patches of snow at the top of Lemmon tho.

I had figured it was a cigarette flick fire because it looked like it started jsut off the highway behind the trees to that spot... at least smoke wise.  few hours after we got home someone said it was popular shooting spot and after that, i knew it was some idiot... but i expected steel core or jacket ammo.. not friggin DRAGONS BREATH!!  I was all WTF when i saw that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a snowbird.
View Quote

Probably half way to the border by now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a pretty clear look at the idiot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That is a pretty clear look at the idiot.
View Quote

Ought to be easy to find him ,if they put the photo out on the news .Someone is bound to see it and speak up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I have not seen a name yet, but the police know who the person is that started the fire.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I walked out of John Wick 4 wondering how many fires would start in AZ from Dragon's Breath.  Its featured extensively in one scene.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what the cost of manpower on something like this ?  I hope they charge him the full cost of it and a stiff fine and penalty to boot . I see no reason Arizona tax payers should pay for his stupidity .
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder what the cost of manpower on something like this ?  I hope they charge him the full cost of it and a stiff fine and penalty to boot . I see no reason Arizona tax payers should pay for his stupidity .
View Quote

They probably will bill him for the cost of the fire fighting.  The charged the young men who started the Wallow Fire and the border patrol agent who started the Sawmill Fire.  Neither will most likely ever repay the government.

Of course our Government did not charge the smuggler who started the Monument Fire or the One Hundred Three fire.  Nor did they charge the illegals for the Horseshoe or Horseshoe II fires.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They probably will bill him for the cost of the fire fighting.  The charged the young men who started the Wallow Fire and the border patrol agent who started the Sawmill Fire.  Neither will most likely ever repay the government.

Of course our Government did not charge the smuggler who started the Monument Fire or the One Hundred Three fire.  Nor did they charge the illegals for the Horseshoe or Horseshoe II fires.
View Quote

That's outrageous ,why the hell does the tax payer have to foot the bill ? The people who caused it should pay Even if it takes a life time .
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Boomers trying to get more shit banned for the youth.
View Quote

The last shooting-started wildfire I recall in AZ was the Sawmill fire started by an off-duty BP agent doing a gender reveal with tannerite in a posted non-shooting area. I doubt he was a boomer. Youngest baby boomers are 60 now.

Dennis Dickey was 36 when he inadvertently, stupidly set off tannerite in bone dry brush.

https://tucson.com/news/local/longer-video-shows-missed-shots-before-gender-reveal-target-was-hit-sparking-wildfire/article_e1374a74-7127-508c-aa92-babc3e7d464b.html

Some of my much older boomer friends used to (safely) play with dynamite. I was too young but I’ve seen the before & after pics.  I remember when some older high school kids blew up a railroad shack filled with dynamite north of Tucson. IIRC they were firing 30.06 AP into it and weren’t far enough away for the tons of explosive locked inside. Instant brain pudding.

ETA: near high school, but target shooters/vandals were early 20s.  Not railroad, but old mining storage shack. Probably not tons.  

https://www.newspapers.com/image/23737374/?fcfToken=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJmcmVlLXZpZXctaWQiOjIzNzM3Mzc0LCJpYXQiOjE2ODM5MTA1MzMsImV4cCI6MTY4Mzk5NjkzM30.bHS7GL8Fmyp-2eTK-4w1IGmMwm5g4AFKYXuzmrDQGaA
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With normal bullets that looks like a safe place to shoot.  But, damn, that was stupid shooting those up there.
View Quote
I didn't know Tannerite would start a fire until I saw that infamous video.  I was always careful about it, but I ended up with a full case that is untouched.

I have a box of .45ACP tracer rounds that will catch shit on fire.  They smolder in the rubber backstop of indoor ranges. I haven't shot any.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#17]
It will be interesting when or if they release the name. I'm curious to see if it's a guy a knew years ago.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Late to this news and thread but this would not be the first AZ fire started by some dipshit shooting "fire" into dry bush AKA fuel.

A hot, dry desert with dried out kindling as the only plant life just doesn't hint enough to some, what is fairly obvious to others.

FFS lets go shoot some incendiary rounds into it, what could go wrong?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top