Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2022 11:19:10 PM EDT
Years ago we had at least one NVHTF gathering but that's almost forgotten now.  We had NVGeologist among whose talents was compelling people to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do but when he split for AZ we lost interest in meeting up.  Plus, I negligently handed out S&B steel core in an AK that cratered the shit out of his steel plates.  Now that sufficient time has passed that I've lived it down, I'm comfortable again with showing my face around here.

The Question: If we were to try to arrange a gathering this year would you be interested?  Vote according to the poll questions.  Just trying to gauge interest.

Full disclosure:  Fuel prices are pretty high, ammo is even higher, Nevada is longer than the drive from Baltimore to Jacksonville FL, it'll be hot and dusty even in acceptable weather, there's a non-zero chance for global thermonuclear war, and the natural halfway point for any kind of meetup is going to be as inhospitable as the planet Mars.  I'm thinking sometime in the Fall of this year unless someone has a better idea.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I always say, " I'm in." Only event I've been to was an afternoon shoot at Desert Sportmans maybe in 09. Seems really tough to get people together.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m out at $5.35/gallon.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m out at $5.35/gallon.
View Quote

I will just eat lentins and drive my prius like the pleb that I am. I am down
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I think if I host a shoot in Kingman, and Vegas people show up, it counts at a Nevada hometown shoot since my location is stuck on Nevada.

We do have a 1000 yard public line here...
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Just go to either of the Cola Warriors in Kingman AZ or St. Maries ID and you'll end up hanging out with lots of Nevadans...both northies and southies.  
And best of all it's a three day meetup with guns, great food, and just enough competition to help sort out your gear and make you a better shooter.  
I'll even pour you your first, complimentary glass of bourbon at the campfire after your run...  
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just go to either of the Cola Warriors in Kingman AZ or St. Maries ID and you'll end up hanging out with lots of Nevadans...both northies and southies.  
And best of all it's a three day meetup with guns, great food, and just enough competition to help sort out your gear and make you a better shooter.  
I'll even pour you your first, complimentary glass of bourbon at the campfire after your run...  
View Quote

If I have to run in order to get the bourbon,  I'm out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I have to run in order to get the bourbon,  I'm out.
View Quote

missed cww for the first time this year.

you could always just show up and drink bourbon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've floated this idea a few times. My opinion was Tonopah was pretty close to Central as can be for Reno, Vegas and Ely. Tonopah has hotels, places to eat and plenty of BLM land to shoot on.
View Quote

Let's see according to google...

Elko to Tonopah is ~ 4 hours.

Reno to Tonopah is ~ 4 hours.

Las Vegas to Tonopah is ~ 3 hours.

Hmm, looks like you're right (well hard to better). I haven't stopped in Tonopah in many years, do they still have that creepy clown motel?

Although with gas prices it would probably be priced out for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I will just eat lentins and drive my prius like the pleb that I am. I am down
View Quote

I can’t afford to buy a Prius to save money on gas.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think if I host a shoot in Kingman, and Vegas people show up, it counts at a Nevada hometown shoot since my location is stuck on Nevada.

We do have a 1000 yard public line here...
View Quote
I stopped by your convenience store on 3/18 and no one was home.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was triple booked that week. Cola Warrior West, Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot, and Superstition Mystery Mountain 3 Gun.

I couldn't find myself, let along have anyone else do so.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was triple booked that week. Cola Warrior West, Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot, and Superstition Mystery Mountain 3 Gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found ya....but then I lost you again.  I figured you disappeared with the AC unit off my trailer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm down for a meetup. I've been on this board over 20 years and only met a few of the guys.
Tom
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I found ya....but then I lost you again.  I figured you disappeared with the AC unit off my trailer.
View Quote
Gotta pay for beer somehow.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top