Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2023 6:36:31 PM EDT
BUTTE, Mont. -- Keeping the lights on is always a top priority for homes and businesses around the Treasure State. But pending a discussion in Helena, your next monthly power bill could end up costing you a couple dollars more.

In Helena on Tuesday, the Montana Public Service Commission heard a proposal from NorthWestern Energy to raise its rates for providing electricity and other forms of power to customers.

NorthWestern Energy is looking for a permanent 25% rate increase after the PSC had approved an interim increase of around 12% in fall of 2022.

Estimates say that the increase could result in the average residential customer paying an extra $300 per year, and businesses would likely pay even more.

As one business partner says, it's necessary for maintaining high-quality service.

moar
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Dirty bastards. My bill is already averaging about $100 higher per month than last during the Trump years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m up 40% from last year…already

Lame
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I am up quite a bit higher as well.

let's go, Tesla Solar! Get up here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Some areas in MT are paying close to what we pay in Rural Alaska.

State of Montana should never have sold Montana power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top