Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/9/2020 11:06:34 PM EDT
I've never been down to the North Springs Range in Price but would like to check it out.  Would anyone like to meet there this Friday for a range day?
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw this but was working anyway.

How did it go?
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided not to go since no one was interested in joining on short notice.  Went to the Lions range in Bountiful instead which I go to regularly.

I could make it down to Price either next Sunday or Thursday (9/20 or 9/24) if you or anyone else would like to go.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I decided not to go since no one was interested in joining on short notice.  Went to the Lions range in Bountiful instead which I go to regularly.

I could make it down to Price either next Sunday or Thursday (9/20 or 9/24) if you or anyone else would like to go.
View Quote

I can probably do the 24th.  Just let me know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good, I’ll plan on being there when they open at 9am.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Short AAR for those that haven't been to the North Springs Range:

Excellent facility, well maintained, inexpensive $10/person range fee.

Lots of rifle steel from 200 - 1000 yards, pistol/rimfire steel from 10 - 100 yards.  You also have the ability to place paper targets at any range you'd like.  They do have a couple separate rifle areas away from the main bays that include a range with targets out to 1 mile, and another with silhouettes out to 800ish yards.

There were other shooters on all the ranges but it wasn't busy on a Thursday.  Highly recommend checking this place out if you haven't.  It's a whole day affair for me, 4.5hrs total drive time, 4-5 hours of shooting plus lunch or dinner in Price;  I'll probably try to get down there a half dozen times a year.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Short AAR for those that haven't been to the North Springs Range:

Excellent facility, well maintained, inexpensive $10/person range fee.

Lots of rifle steel from 200 - 1000 yards, pistol/rimfire steel from 10 - 100 yards.  You also have the ability to place paper targets at any range you'd like.  They do have a couple separate rifle areas away from the main bays that include a range with targets out to 1 mile, and another with silhouettes out to 800ish yards.

There were other shooters on all the ranges but it wasn't busy on a Thursday.  Highly recommend checking this place out if you haven't.  It's a whole day affair for me, 4.5hrs total drive time, 4-5 hours of shooting plus lunch or dinner in Price;  I'll probably try to get down there a half dozen times a year.
View Quote

Did you get to cowboy town? I like that area for pistol shooting, and the long range next to it is a lot of fun. I shot my 1903A1 for the first time on that range, and without any sight adjustment from the previous owner, was hitting the 200yard buffalo gong with no problems.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Did you get to cowboy town? I like that area for pistol shooting, and the long range next to it is a lot of fun. I shot my 1903A1 for the first time on that range, and without any sight adjustment from the previous owner, was hitting the 200yard buffalo gong with no problems.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157305/IMG_1741_JPG-724412.jpg
View Quote

I did drive down there to check it out but did not shoot, the main ranges were enough to occupy me on this first trip.  Very nice setup, I imagine it’s great for pistol or cowboy action matches.  The RO told me about the rifle range next to cowboy town but I didn’t see it (well, I didn’t look for it either).  I’ll have to do some shooting on that side of the property next time I visit.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top