Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2022 2:57:37 PM EDT
Looks like I finally get to pull the plug on my job and the commie state of Washington and get back to Idaho .

I need to hire someone in the Coeurdalene area to move two gun safes and a couple other heavy items from Tacoma Washington to my place near St Maries in late June or early July .

Preferably a smaller local regional mover from the Coeurdalene area.

Please help me get out of this state

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ironman Safe in Dalton might have some leads if you give them a call.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought my vault room doors from Jason, he's a great guy .

I gave him a call a couple days ago and he just uses a freight company.

I need someone who can take it out of the house in Tacoma,  down stairs and drop it at my place in StMaries.

Was hoping for a moving company local to north Idaho.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure you have, but have you thought about selling what you got and buying new?
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sure you have, but have you thought about selling what you got and buying new?
View Quote

I may have no choice if I cant find a mover.
You can barely rent a Uhaul going that way right now.

There used to be a small moving company in Courdealene that did this but dont recall their name .
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Hire local hs fb players to load all of your stuff and have something similar lined up in St Maries.  Go Penske and lift gate or abf freight.  2 dozen tennis balls or golf balls and safes move easily
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I need someone who can take it out of the house in Tacoma,  down stairs and drop it at my place in StMaries.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well damn. Last time I bought a safe from him, he backed his truck up to my front door and rolled the safe down to my basement himself

Kind of surprised he didn't have any leads, though. I know there used to be at least one safe-moving company in CDA.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hire local hs fb players to load all of your stuff and have something similar lined up in St Maries.  Go Penske and lift gate or abf freight.  2 dozen tennis balls or golf balls and safes move easily
View Quote

Rent a liftgate truck and a pallet jack for a few hours and move them into your own trailer/truck and do the same when you move.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rent a liftgate truck and a pallet jack for a few hours and move them into your own trailer/truck and do the same when you move.
View Quote

Thanks for all the suggestions gents but none of them work for my situation .

As I said earlier in the thread, you can hardly rent a moving truck from here to Idaho right now much less have ur pick of trucks with a lift gates and a pallet jack wont get my 900 lb safe down the stairs at my Tacoma house.

A 20 ft uhaul from Tacoma to StMaries and then dropped off in Spokane is 1700.00.
Penske was 2600.00. I have to rent one twice.

Cant buy a decent trailer right now unless you want to pay double so that's out.

Plus I'm working lots of hours to get my 401k match and other benefits for the year before I quit July 1 all while doing a lite remodel on this place to list it in June.

What I really need is to hire someone to come in and move two safes and a rather large Snap On rollawayfrom here to there.

I can handle everything else myself .
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not against selling them but the hard part is getting them out of the Tacoma house, down to street level .

I have a walk in vault in Idaho but I still want to have a safe inside of my vault room.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
American Moving Company in CDA does this. I’d recommend them highly.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 2:54:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
American Moving Company in CDA does this. I’d recommend them highly.
View Quote

Thanks , I have an active inquiry in with another company now but I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m north of where you are going but I was quoted a minimum $500 for one safe, a local move, by the only company that would even talk to me. Ended up renting one of these https://handtrucks2go.com/Escalera-Electric-Stair-Climber.html
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you try NW Safe out of Enumclaw? They also service Idaho - I've used them twice to move safes, but not across the state.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m north of where you are going but I was quoted a minimum $500 for one safe, a local move, by the only company that would even talk to me. Ended up renting one of these https://handtrucks2go.com/Escalera-Electric-Stair-Climber.html
View Quote

That is what was used to put the safes in the house back when I purchased them.

One of those in combination with a lift gate truck and a couple of corn fed kids would get the job done, problem is the lift gate truck and the corn fed kids are unobtainable unless you hire their boss too.

Working every hour I can get until July 1, getting this house ready to sell in June and, finishing up things at my Idaho place has me really overwhelmed,  was hoping to farm this piece out .

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you try NW Safe out of Enumclaw? They also service Idaho - I've used them twice to move safes, but not across the state.
View Quote

No I did not, I'll give them a call.
Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
One more thought OP, you may need to use two companies. One to move and load the safes in WA onto your rental truck (Penske, UHaul, etc) and another in town locally to unload and move into position. The one I referred to above only charged $250 to move it. You might pay a little more to get him down to St Marie’s, but I’d be surprised if it were more than $500.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:03:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
One more thought OP, you may need to use two companies. One to move and load the safes in WA onto your rental truck (Penske, UHaul, etc) and another in town locally to unload and move into position. The one I referred to above only charged $250 to move it. You might pay a little more to get him down to St Marie’s, but I’d be surprised if it were more than $500.
View Quote

Thank you, I'm going to give American a call on Monday.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]
High five OP.  My daughter lives in St. Maries.  God's country.  My other daughter lives in Moscow.

I'm proud that I raised two kids with the sense to get the Hell out of commie Washington.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
High five OP.  My daughter lives in St. Maries.  God's country.  My other daughter lives in Moscow.

I'm proud that I raised two kids with the sense to get the Hell out of commie Washington.
View Quote

Good on you, your kids and their kids will be much better off for it.

I grew up in Spokane , spent most of my youth running  around North Idaho.
If there is a better place to live I haven't seen .

I'm walking away from a killer job a few years too early just to GTFO of Washington.

House in Tacoma lists on June 3rd, hope I make it under the wire before the Dumocrats totally crash the economy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#21]
OP, did you get your safes moved?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OP, did you get your safes moved?
View Quote

No.
Not because I didn't find someone to move them, I did.

Because realestate in western Washington hit the wall and my Tacoma house didn't sell in time .

I had to sign on here for another ten months to get another qualifying year of pension because of a contract deadline.

I think I have the house sold now and get to stay in it for the ten months but it was for considerably less than we had hoped for.

I didn't want to leave a vacant house in the Democrat utopia and between 401k losses and taking less for the house it put us back a bit on retirement funds.

We'll be in Idaho full time late next spring.

It all works out, better in some ways but FJB anyway.

Tricky time to retire.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Tricky time to retire.

View Quote

Tricky time to make any big changes at all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be in the same situation soon. Trying to figure out how to move my 1400lb safe from Oregon to CDA.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Tricky time to make any big changes at all.
View Quote

You got that right for sure but sometimes life wont wait.

I think for the coming times we'll be alot better off in N Idaho than western Washington.

Ten months to go .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top