Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2020 11:17:00 AM EDT
A recent discussion I had with an ignorant (as opposed to rabidly) anti-2A has me thinking.

Their assertion was that same old failed argument we have all heard, that the right to bear arms ONLY applied to the militia.....

With all the shit on the horizon, I am wondering if one exists in N. GA and if whether or not we should get one started.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it would help to define “militia”.

Two guys training together has been argued to be a militia in VA.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
out for the change
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it would help to define “militia”.

Two guys training together has been argued to be a militia in VA.
View Quote

I would say what I am looking for is a group of like minded individuals who come together regularly to train and support each other in the event the need arises.

Maybe setting up alternative comms links, have some agreed upon SOP's.....

Our biggest challenge "on the right" is that we are largely disconnected and look to be left alone and live our lives.

Meanwhile, our freedoms are being systematically stripped away.

You know, "United we stand, divided we fall" and all that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I always heard the first member of any militia was the ATF informant.
View Quote

Also an issue that would need to be addressed.....How exactly can trust be built amongst strangers on which you would attempt to rely?

p.s. There is nothing I am calling for that is currently illegal to my knowledge.  Whether or not "they" make these activities illegal in the future is debatable.... (i.e. VA)
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good way to get some FBI agents as friends.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good way to get some FBI agents as friends.
View Quote

That feeling you get when you set up a range day with a bunch of dudes you found on the internet and they all show up in matching black suburbans.

Priceless.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That feeling you get when you set up a range day with a bunch of dudes you found on the internet and they all show up in matching black suburbans.

Priceless.
View Quote

It's that fear (of coming together for lawful activities) that keep us divided..... Before you realize it, all freedom is lost.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have 10 “militia members”, 9 are undercover and the tenth is an informant.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
So, what to do then?  Wait to be hauled off in cattle cars?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Not too long ago I was invited to a meeting that was “definitely not a militia”.  After asking how that meeting went it was definitely the exact kind of militia I don’t want to be a part of.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, what to do then?  Wait to be hauled off in cattle cars?
View Quote

If was serious about such a thing the last thing I'd do is talk about it here imo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually met up with a group of the north Georgia III%ers when I first moved here. I didn’t know anyone at the time and really was just hoping maybe I’d find a couple people I’d hit it off with and find somewhere to go shoot, but no such luck. This was a few years ago now, and I don’t have anything bad to say about them but they just weren’t really my kind of crowd. If any of them were undercover agents, man, I would be shocked.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I would think putting it out on the internet would be your first mistake.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The internet is the new public square.... If not here, where can the question be asked?

Facebook? MeWe? Insta? Twitter?

The replies here confirm just how fucked we are as a nation.  

The time has long since passed to stand and be counted and too few have risen to the occasion.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Back before the 96 Olympics, the FBI  had infiltrated a militia group in Georgia and they planted explosives on the property of one of the members and even admitted they didn't know whether he knew they were there, but they still arrested everyone.
View Quote

...... And it apparently had the intended effect.  People too afraid to gather publicly or privately (whether deemed LEGAL or NOT) in defense of this once great nation.

So, the plan is to go at it alone and be picked off one at a time I guess....?

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Meanwhile, the likes of antifa, John Brown Gun Club, Redneck Revolt and others operate with impunity. Tells us all we need to know.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#22]
go to shooting events. make friends. do shooting/camping stuff together. not a militia, but its good to have friends that are of similiar mindset and capabilities.

come to a cola warrior. next one is April in Crawfordville. not a cult. not a militia. just like minded people who like to come compete, shoot guns, puke, and do cool shit at night.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I just don't want to be in anything with you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just don't want to be in anything with you.
View Quote

That's just a hurtful thing to say....... I'm going to go cry now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The internet is the new public square.... If not here, where can the question be asked?

The time has long since passed to stand and be counted and too few have risen to the occasion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Face to face, small groups, with people you know. No friends of friends.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, then I'm pretty well fucked.  

Moved the family here in mid 2019......Only folks I "know" from here are the handful from the HTF shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I think the instant you call/label it a "militia", you will have the attention of alphabet soup agencies.

There is nothing wrong with hitting the range with a bunch of guys to discuss politics and such though... but the problem still remains... who can you trust ? And what can be discussed without inadvertently/potentially incriminating yourself?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I am willing to meetup with fellow arfcommers. With all the shit going on nowadays it doesn't hurt to have a network of likeminded individuals in your area. That stigmatism of it being a militia etc.. is why our side has no organization.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Also an issue that would need to be addressed.....How exactly can trust be built amongst strangers on which you would attempt to rely?
View Quote

I'm going to reach out to members in my local area first.  Just seeing if there's interest in a luncheon/get-together.  Consider in an ARFCOM Hometown support group.  OPSEC is critical, trust is earned, but I'm not even talking about current events.  Goal would be to establish some contacts to share info on sales, local charity events, possible volunteer work for a local conservative candidate, help to move, etc.  Just an old school network for support and assistance.  It may evolve into more such as a range date, getting a good instructor to our area and taking a class together, expanding hobbies if someone is big into amateur radio, reloading, etc.  We have to start somewhere and I fear forums like ARFCOM are now on borrowed time and will be de-platformed pretty soon.  Local contact are much easier to establish now than they will be later...

I've met, but just haven't been able to keep up with some contact I made during several firearm classes.  

Militia is inherent, but what we really need is just simple organizations of small groups able to support, inform/share-info, or help each other out.  If most knew where I worked, I likely would be red-flagged in any group

ROCK6  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. No militia bullshit. Just a good old fashioned social club with like minded individuals over BBQ, a couple beers and horse shoes in the back yard. Neighborhood mutual assistance groups.

Meetings at a range with folks that live 100 miles away are great, but won't do shit when the raid teams are operating in your area.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#34]
May be a good time for those of you who are not listed to jump on this for local gatherings......

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/GA-HTF-Member-Locator/35-461186/

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Darn, I was hoping we could form an m-word so I could be a Colonel.

If you meet with friends, leave your phones and electronics somewhere else.

I've got a friend who is big into Ham radio. If you decide to do a lunch and learn on a weekend and there is interest in learning about Ham, I'll see if he can attend.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not worth it.  Too political, too many meetings, to much paperwork...stick with Captain or below is my advide

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was gunning for Corporal Captain.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahahaha, most Corporals I met acted like they were Captains...loved every one

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
go to shooting events. make friends. do shooting/camping stuff together. not a militia, but its good to have friends that are of similiar mindset and capabilities.

come to a cola warrior. next one is April in Crawfordville. not a cult. not a militia. just like minded people who like to come compete, shoot guns, puke, and do cool shit at night.
View Quote
This might be a cult.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is always one if not more and the guy suggesting some sort of action of violence is almost always a government employee
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not worth it.  Too political, too many meetings, to much paperwork...stick with Captain or below is my advide

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6

Thanks for the advice. I hate doing powerpoints too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

As the senior captain, I hereby appoint and anoint you as Corporal Captain Extorris!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:  Thanks for the advice. I hate doing powerpoints too.
View Quote

I kick ass at Powerpoints.  Can I be a General?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Thanks for the advice. I hate doing powerpoints too.

If you do all the ppts, yes you can, sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top