Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2022 9:59:14 AM EDT
Is there anyone interested in starting an APC branch in Alabama?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
What is that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aftac:
What is that?
View Quote

Heres a link to look into it: https://www.americanpioneercorps.org/
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aftac] [#4]
I am game and so if my wife.  I am Army and she is a Marine.  We are officers and most don't like us to be around.  I am still in the Army she is retired.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
🤔 interesting!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
It'd be nice... Course I'm a little further down in LA
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I am game and so if my wife.  I am Army and she is a Marine.  We are officers and most don't like us to be around.  I am still in the Army she is retired.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm hoping to possibly have a few more respond and we'll start networking the process.  I'm hoping that we could start something.  The closest CMP matches I know to Madison County are in Guntersville.  Hiking areas of interest would be the state parks and Bankhead.  As far West as Florence, as far East as Fort Payne, and as far south as 1/2 way to Birmingham would possibly be the main operating areas...
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Enlisted don’t like officers a lot but we’re both combat vets so maybe it might be different.  It’s like the other side of the tracks thing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Enlisted don't like officers a lot but we're both combat vets so maybe it might be different.  It's like the other side of the tracks thing.
View All Quotes

Enlisted don't like officers a lot but we're both combat vets so maybe it might be different.  It's like the other side of the tracks thing.
AMVETS DGAS about officer vs enlisted.  My cousins run the Athens AL Amvets location.  My wife and I (neither one ever been in the military) go to their Sat AM breakfast and their monthly Karoke event.  I think they have a German dinner thing coming up.  My wife is making German Chocolate Cake for them.  Last month was Mexican.

http://alamvets.org/pages/locate.html#Athens,%20AL

Don't suffer in silence!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:23:36 AM EDT
[#11]
AMVETS DGAS about officer vs enlisted.  My cousins run the Athens AL Amvets location.  My wife and I (neither one ever been in the military) go to their Sat AM breakfast and their monthly Karoke event.  I think they have a German dinner thing coming up.  My wife is making German Chocolate Cake for them.  Last month was Mexican.

Don't suffer in silence!
View Quote

Thanks!  Yeah might be something out 9month old would like.  It’s weird both in the 40’s and we have a 9 month old.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks!  Yeah might be something out 9month old would like.  It's weird both in the 40's and we have a 9 month old.
View All Quotes

Don't suffer in silence!

Thanks!  Yeah might be something out 9month old would like.  It's weird both in the 40's and we have a 9 month old.
Forgot to mention:  The monthly Sat. breakfast is free to vets.  They ask for a $6 donation or fee for guests (i.e. non-vets like us).  Vets/Members can also get alcohol at their bar.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Definitely would be interested
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Don't suffer in silence!
View All Quotes

Don't suffer in silence!
Not German, Italian.  And my wife is making Teramasu (sp) for it.  Monday Oct. 17th.  We get there at 5 to help set up; dinner starts at 5:30.  Dinner is $15 IRC.  22769 Black Rd, Athens, Alabama
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I did a lot of APC stuff when I lived in VA. It's a lot of fun. I'm down in Blount but happy to drive north a bit for a hike.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm always looking for an excuse to get out in the woods.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rhutchinson759] [#17]
To give an update, I'm in talks with a couple of buddies to see if I can hand this off to a buddy to start.  I'm caught up in school, business, and nonprofit things between 4 organizations.  We shall see.  In the meantime, keep kicking ass folks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rhutchinson759:
To give an update, I'm in talks with a couple of buddies to see if I can hand this off to a buddy to start.  I'm caught up in school, business, and nonprofit things between 4 organizations.  We shall see.  In the meantime, keep kicking ass folks.
View Quote

HYB!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#19]
interested.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Tagging.

We are trying to start something in southern middle TN.

This could include some of you guys in north AL. I'm not opposed to driving a couple hours to do a qualifying hike, myself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I just did this hike last Sunday AM.  I'll do it again (different part of the trail) this Sunday if it isn't raining cats and dogs like it has all day today.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/APC-type-Hike-N-AL-Richard-Martin-Trail/75-2626793/
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I just did this hike last Sunday AM.  I'll do it again (different part of the trail) this Sunday if it isn't raining cats and dogs like it has all day today.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/APC-type-Hike-N-AL-Richard-Martin-Trail/75-2626793/
View Quote

Please mention or PM me when you're scheduling your next hike!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

I just got back from this morning's hike a couple hours ago.  I went almost 5 1/2 miles from Elkmont to the covered bridge over Mill Creek (about 2.7 miles one way).  I'm a tired puppy!

I'll update the thread above with details and pics later.

My plan forward is to take a hike every Sunday morning starting at 10 AM.  I'll do the Richard Martin Trail until I can find something else.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got back from this morning's hike a couple hours ago.  I went almost 5 1/2 miles from Elkmont to the covered bridge over Mill Creek (about 2.7 miles one way).  I'm a tired puppy!

My plan forward is to take a hike every Sunday morning starting at 10 AM.  I'll do the Richard Martin Trail until I can find something else.
View Quote

I can join you on Sunday mornings!  Please keep me posted.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Will do!

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Surprised @cubie is not in here.
View Quote

Didn’t know this thread existed until you tagged me!  I’ll catch up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Prior Service Army here. I was a combat field medic and my wife is a nurse, so we can bring a few skills to the table.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Surprised @cubie is not in here.
View Quote

Originally Posted By cubie:

Didn’t know this thread existed until you tagged me!  I’ll catch up.
View Quote

That was fast.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#30]
In for the LA crowd
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#31]
90% chance of rain this Sunday, so probably no hike this weekend.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Saturday is gonna be nice though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Saturday is gonna be nice though.
View Quote
Yep, boxing class though.  Gonna be pretty tired after that!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#34]
So is this a thing?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#35]
So is this a thing?
View Quote
I plan to go again this Sunday, 10 AM, Elkmont AL just south of the Red Caboose.  I plan to go south this time at least as far as the Sulphur Creek Trestle Battle Site (~1.2 miles one way).
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Any of yall wanna go hike the Chinnabee Silent Trail up to the Pinhoti?  We could all meet at the Turnipseed campground and park there.  From there, it's a 2 mile ass kicking hike to the top of the mountain.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:50:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#37]
Any of yall wanna go hike the Chinnabee Silent Trail up to the Pinhoti?  We could all meet at the Turnipseed campground and park there.  From there, it's a 2 mile ass kicking hike to the top of the mountain.
View Quote
I'll be going again this Sunday, 10 AM; start at the Red Caboose, just south of downtown Elkmont.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Any more updates to this, anything new?

Anti-archive post.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Any updates on this? Definitely sounds like a good way to spend some time and make contacts with people of similar interests.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I would be up for it, but I don't think it's going to gel with my work schedule.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LAJ1980:
In for the LA crowd
View Quote

There is not much for the LA crowd. The panhandle seems busier
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top