Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2021 7:43:55 PM EDT
I want to conduct a little experiment and your input is appreciated!

I'm looking to see what the new "normal" is on some basic ammo and what you are paying. I'm looking for caliber, brand and place. I'm posting prices that I have found to be consistent. Looking to see what sort of price inflation there has been now that panic buying has subsided to a degree.

This could just be helpful to understand as an group what a new, possibly acceptable price could be feel free to add any common calibers!

For instance:

223 Steel Case: Wolf, Aim Surplus, .35 per round

5.56 Brass: Wolf Performance M193, Aim Surplus, .50 per round

9mm Steel: Wolf Bi Metal, Palmetto State Armory,. .34 per round

9mm Brass: Fiocchi, BDU, .36 per round
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can tell you from talking to some of the top clay shooters that are sponsored by ammo companies that the new normal in shotgun shells will be $100+ For a case of 12 or 20 gauge target ammo and $200+ for 28 gauge and 410 bore target ammo.

Before this started it was $50+ for 12 and 20 and $100+ for 28 and 410. So it will basically double.
View Quote

Are you calling a 250-round case "a case"?

I'm still running into 12ga target loads at Wal-Mart for $23-$27 per 100-round bulk pack. Just picked up a 100-round bulk pack in Texas, Federal 1 1/8oz., 3 Dram, #8 at about $26.00-$27.00.

Also bought 2 25-round boxes of Winchester Heavy Target Loads while there, labeled as  "Super-Target", 1 1/8 oz. #7 1/2, 1200 FPS (no dram given) and they were like $6.00 a box, maximum of three boxes per customer.

I'm not sure if that ammo is popular in clays shooting so I might be giving an apples to oranges example... bottom line, Wal-Mart is still getting target loads in and the per box price seems to have only gone up a couple bucks, the bulk packs were $20.00-$23.00 depending on brand and store location, now when I've found them they seem to be $23.00 to $27.00 depending.

I have about 20 24 100-round bulk packs stashed for SG drills (just did a re-count. I also have about eleven 25-round boxes that I've picked up as singles or doubles along they way. Any time I see em, I get em.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I for one am not/would not pay those amounts listed below:

223 Steel Case: Wolf, Aim Surplus, .35 per round   ... Hell no.

5.56 Brass: Wolf Performance M193, Aim Surplus, .50 per round  ... Hell no #2

9mm Steel: Wolf Bi Metal, Palmetto State Armory,. .34 per round  ...  NFW

9mm Brass: Fiocchi, BDU, .36 per round ... NFW #2.

When ammo prices went crazy last year I researched some large suppliers, held my nose and bought in bulk with a couple friends getting 10,000 round deliveries at a time.

9mm brass was $.26 a round.
.223 brass was $.39 a round
.308 was $.65 a round.

We were able to do that until January of this year when the backlog got to be nine months plus. Our final order took four weeks to be delivered. When we tried to order again two weeks later after flipping the majority of that last shipment, we were told the shelves were bare.

We sold 9mm for $.50 a round and $.223 for $.75. No one blinked an eye and paid with cash in hand.

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
No prices are coming down but are still too high.  Last deal I bought was 5k of wolf 308 for .50 CPR delivered.
Everything else is too high right now.  Prices will come back down but you definitely not going to find any deals in stores rightnow except for what Bowhntr6pt mentioned as far as shot shells at Walmart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top