Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2018 8:01:43 PM EDT
I'm going to be in Wichita next week.Does Kansas recognize Oklahoma concealed licenses?
If pulled over by police am I require to notify them that I am carrying?
What places can I not carry? Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/kansas-gun-laws/#recip

Looks like your permit is fine.  Don't need to say anything to the officer if pulled over.  I have always just handed my ccw permit with my DL and they have just asked where it was.  Nothing beyond that.  Happened one day as a buddy and I left the range.  That guy asked what we had....we chuckled and then proceeded to tell him about the arsenal that happened to be in the car.  My buddy, who was driving, got a warning lol

KS is about as good as it gets with regards to concealed carry.  You will want to stay away from government buildings and sporting events.  Signs aren't enforceable, but if you are made and asked to leave then you need to GTFO or you will have a problem.  You can go into restaurants and bars without issue.  We have castle doctrine
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like your permit is fine.  Don't need to say anything to the officer if pulled over.  I have always just handed my ccw permit with my DL and they have just asked where it was.  Nothing beyond that.  Happened one day as a buddy and I left the range.  That guy asked what we had....we chuckled and then proceeded to tell him about the arsenal that happened to be in the car.  My buddy, who was driving, got a warning lol

KS is about as good as it gets with regards to concealed carry.  You will want to stay away from government buildings and sporting events.  Signs aren't enforceable, but if you are made and asked to leave then you need to GTFO or you will have a problem.  You can go into restaurants and bars without issue.  We have castle doctrine
View Quote
Thanks for the information,do you also have a stand your ground law?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That was the castle doctrine reference
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep. That was the castle doctrine reference
View Quote
Ok thanks,here the castle doctrine refers to your home and the stand your ground pertains to being out in public.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok thanks,here the castle doctrine refers to your home and the stand your ground pertains to being out in public.
View Quote
I see.  You have no duty to retreat in KS if you feel that your life is in danger...home or otherwise
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top