Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The non-essential list:

Entertainment venues and facilities:Night clubs
Bowling alleys
Arcades
Concert venues
Theaters, auditoriums, and performing arts centers
Tourist attractions (including museums, aquariums, and planetariums)
Racetracks
Indoor children's play areas (excluding daycare facilities)
Adult entertainment venues
Bingo halls
Venues operated by social clubs

Recreational and athletic facilities and activities:
Fitness and exercise centers and commercial gyms
Spas and public or commercial swimming pools
Group exercise facilities, to include yoga, barre, and spin studios or facilities
Spectator sports
Sports that involve interaction with another person in close proximity and within less than six (6) feet of another person
Activities that require the use of shared sporting apparatus and equipment
Activities on commercial or public playground equipment

Close-contact service providers:
Barbershops
Hair salons
Waxing salons
Threading salons
Nail salons and spas
Body-art facilities and tattoo services
Tanning salons
Massage-therapy establishments and massage services

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't even get a street-corner handjob. The hookers want to use one of these:

https://www.harborfreight.com/ez-reach-grab-pickup-and-reaching-tool-62752.html?_br_psugg_q=grabber

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothings going to change. So called nonessential stuff has been closed awhile now.0
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothings going to change. So called nonessential stuff has been closed awhile now.0
View Quote

Not true at all.  I own a gym, I'm getting shut down.  Unless my members want to pitch in the next 15+ days my cash flow is going to zero...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
We were open, and going to stay open, as essential.....right before lunch we got notice that one of our guys that's been out for a week just got his test back positive, so no we are shutting down until monday
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not true at all.  I own a gym, I'm getting shut down.  Unless my members want to pitch in the next 15+ days my cash flow is going to zero...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hows your cash flow zero. All gyms are still collecting monthly dues. I got to golds and they closed a week ago. Before that only ten people allowed in at once and 30 minute max workout.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a manager at one of the higher volume liquor stores in the state.

It's an essential business. My friends are mostly unemployed and I'm raking in OT. These last few weeks have been like the holidays, only with lots of surgical masks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's an essential business. My friends are mostly unemployed and I'm raking in OT. These last few weeks have been like the holidays, only with lots of surgical masks.
View Quote

The amount of cars in your parking lot has been epic.  Like you're selling toilet paper epic.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Green's?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Green's?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Green's?

"Maybe.  Maybe not."  The location of said place in Columbia that's overflow for Costco toilet paper purchases has a guy who's a total frickin' walking encyclopedia of liquor with a double-punch above weight for bourbon knowledge.

I'm being "indirect" to maintain PERSEC and to avoid the impression of our dear liquor master SC HTF member making any statement on behalf of his employer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sir are a hero. Youre the glue thats holding humanity together now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Drove past Walmart today and the parking lot was full...just like any other "first of the month" clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]
"Adult Entertainment Venues"

Pisses me off when I can't attend the ballet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, so when is the Blanton's coming back in stock? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You should have been at my arfcom cookout where he pulled cigars and liquor, as well as his ar15, out of his cat in broad daylight.    it was...interesting.
View Quote
Trifecta!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You forgot cigars
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Green's?

"Maybe.  Maybe not."  The location of said place in Columbia that's overflow for Costco toilet paper purchases has a guy who's a total frickin' walking encyclopedia of liquor with a double-punch above weight for bourbon knowledge.

I'm being "indirect" to maintain PERSEC and to avoid the impression of our dear liquor master SC HTF member making any statement on behalf of his employer.

You forgot cigars

Sorry.  Allergies.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]
The rifle was cased. You said you hadn't used an ACOG before, and I happened to have one in the car...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Governor McMaster has issued a new exec. order closing more types of businesses deemed "non-essential".

Sporting goods stores must close.

Hardware and Firearms stores ARE EXEMPT AND MAY STAY OPEN.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Governor McMaster has issued a new exec. order closing more types of businesses deemed "non-essential".

Sporting goods stores must close.

Hardware and Firearms stores ARE EXEMPT AND MAY STAY OPEN.

View Quote

The question about that is will they do like the Bass Pro in MO where they are only allowed to sell guns and ammo. Big stores like Academy, BP Cabelas, ect that have a portion of the floor space (and a majority of recent sales) for firearms/ammo but also have a wider range of products, this is going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Closed our Salon the other day,.......about 2 weeks after my wife finally got to go back to work after punching cancer in the throat these last 12 mo.

We've joked, everyone else is just now getting into the boat we've been in all year!

#sucks
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The question about that is will they do like the Bass Pro in MO where they are only allowed to sell guns and ammo. Big stores like Academy, BP Cabelas, ect that have a portion of the floor space (and a majority of recent sales) for firearms/ammo but also have a wider range of products, this is going to be interesting.
View Quote

That would create an interesting dynamic for Walmart.  Department stores are non-essential, but grocery stores are not.  I can remember when Walmart had to rope off half the store until 1:30 on Sundays when the blue laws were more strict (they could only sell the groceries).
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You should have been at my arfcom cookout where he pulled cigars and liquor, as well as his ar15, out of his cat in broad daylight.    it was...interesting.
View Quote

That must have been one pissed-off cat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't remember a case...I was too drunk.
View Quote

Yeah, Elmer T. Lee goes down pretty smooth after some good ribs. I don't bring cheap stuff to share.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The company I work for has operated non-stop. About 3/4 of the employees are working from home (like me), but a key point is that the production line has remained in continuous operation. Our work fell into the "essential" category, and thanks to the procedures and policies put in place by our proactive EHS director, we haven't had a problem.

If we can operate successfully using methods to mitigate the risks, so can other businesses! Contact your legislators and the governor and tell them we need to get South Carolina working again.
View Quote

Same. My company has its HQ in the Charleston area, with manufacturing here and in several other states. The plants are running, although one division is operating at reduced capacity due to ties to automotive. Staffing at the plants has been modified to minimize contact, and HQ staff has been working from home since early March.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah, Elmer T. Lee goes down pretty smooth after some good ribs. I don't bring cheap stuff to share.
View Quote

Dayum, Elmer T Lee? That's nearly unobtanium now.

I am nursing/ savoring the remaining contents in my bottle of ETL.

ETA: I'm gonna' save some ETL for when the COVID thing is tamped down and business gets back to near normal, then I am going to let Elmer give me a celebratory buzz.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Six or seven years ago, it wasn't a problem to get. A couple of cases would come in twice a year. Now, good luck.

All of the BS with bourbon has got me drinking a lot more tequila.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm guessing I missed it but was the original 15 day nonessential closure extended?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm guessing I missed it but was the original 15 day nonessential closure extended?
View Quote

At present the "stay at home/work" order goes through April 27th.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#37]
So that keeps nonessential businesses closed? I feel like this isn't being communicated very well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So that keeps nonessential businesses closed? I feel like this isn't being communicated very well.
View Quote

Comrade, that indicates that you are not cowering inside consuming commercials on mass media as they fill time between them with government press briefings.  Karen will speak to your manager now.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top