Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2021 11:05:14 AM EDT
My wife and I are pretty decided on moving the family to Nocatee.  We mainly chose it for the quality schools and what seems like a nice play to raise our family.  We have visited and seen the good, but before we pull the trigger I am just looking for some feedback as far as anything bad about this area.  Anything we may have overlooked?

I would most likely be seeking a job in finance/accounting locally or Jacksonville.  How is the job market in this area?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wife and I are pretty decided on moving the family to Nocatee.  We mainly chose it for the quality schools and what seems like a nice play to raise our family.  We have visited and seen the good, but before we pull the trigger I am just looking for some feedback as far as anything bad about this area.  Anything we may have overlooked?

I would most likely be seeking a job in finance/accounting locally or Jacksonville.  How is the job market in this area?
View Quote

Market is very good for finance /accounting. I do know based on my Controller's search for staff accountants that the pay in FL is lower than the North East US.

If you are in a senior level role you probably won't have a ton of difficulty finding something as more companies are moving and expanding in North FL.

That said... Nocatee is like a mini Disney World.... Your kids will love it
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the feedback. That is reassuring. I am an accounting manager, not a CPA though.  I expect the lower wages, but feel the quality of life will be a worthwhile trade off.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey @Gixxer04 I have a place not too far from there on Amelia Island Fl (Feranndina Beach).  Where from NJ are you coming from?  I know Nocatee is in land from Ponte Vedra / Ponte Vedra Beach which are very nice.  I've heard good things and seems conveniently located to St John's, St Agustine and not a long ride to the beach.  Have you decided on a specific development there?  A lot of big firms have a lot of back office functions in the Jax area so the job market for an accountant shouldn't be bad.  

I'm in the process of building a place on Marco Island so I can snow bird between the Jax area and Naples.  I'm finding that 40-50s is more than I can handle in the winter.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the feedback. That is reassuring. I am an accounting manager, not a CPA though.  I expect the lower wages, but feel the quality of life will be a worthwhile trade off.
View Quote

Hey Gixxer - nah you need to stay up there....

Just kidding...come on down and we will make a trip to the range once you get here...

St. Johns County is one of the fastest growing in the US - what do you need to know?

The schools are the best in the state...you will be about 10 miles to a pretty good beach.

Red
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Double tap

Red
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
@zer0t - We are coming from Monmouth county where we lived about a mile off the coast so we are still trying to keep ourselves a short drive to the beach.  I am pretty positive we will be doing new construction in a development called Settler’s Landing. Hope your Marco Island build is going smoothly.

@badredfish. I expected that, don’t worry we are deep red family.

It seems almost all builders have plenty of negative feedback online. Have you heard anything good about ICI Homes? Any recommendations on a building inspector I can hire to check on the construction throughout the process since we would be out of state for the build?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@zer0t - We are coming from Monmouth county where we lived about a mile off the coast so we are still trying to keep ourselves a short drive to the beach.  I am pretty positive we will be doing new construction in a development called Settler’s Landing. Hope your Marco Island build is going smoothly.

@badredfish. I expected that, don’t worry we are deep red family.

It seems almost all builders have plenty of negative feedback online. Have you heard anything good about ICI Homes? Any recommendations on a building inspector I can hire to check on the construction throughout the process since we would be out of state for the build?
View Quote

That’s funny I have a house on the Navesink in Rumson still.  I’ll probably sell it now the valuations are just insane.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That’s funny I have a house on the Navesink in Rumson still.  I’ll probably sell it now the valuations are just insane.
View Quote

I am familiar with the area. We spent a lot of time in all the restaurants. Rumson is really nice.

That is the exact reason we sold. The offer seemed once in a lifetime.  I know it is not the best time to build/buy, but we would like to be settled down before our son starts school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top