BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2017 1:26:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's perfectly normal. She'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It happened to me coming back from Dublin last year, we were bused to the side of the terminal and entered 'land side' of the passport check and we had a Canadian family sitting in front of us but most were probably European of some sort. This was at Stansted.
When I asked the border control officer she said 'No, you didn't'. Er, yes we did, I should know as I used to work there....

I left it at that and as we walked past the exits from passport control the hall was packed, it might have been to ease congestion but we seem to be letting anyone in unchecked these days.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The UK and Eire share a common travel area CTA which pre-dates EU border controls. Citizens of either country don't need a passport to enter each others country however because of airlines id rules you do if you fly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top