Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2020 2:45:25 PM EDT
Was cruising around checking prices on Bass Pros website while killing time and saw this listed in the disclaimer section. Why can gun powder and priners not be shipped to Jacksonville?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them and ask.  I can’t think of any reason myself
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/hodgdon-pyrodex-powder?searchTerm=Hodgdon+Pyrodex+Powder

Important notice

Notice--Primer, Powders, Pyrodex.

Consult your state and local laws for the age restrictions and legality of ordering and possessing these products. For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on powder. Due to special shipping requirements for these products, an additional $20 Hazardous Material charge will be applied for any order containing flammable material. Contiguous 48 states only. For US sale only. Due to shipping regulations, signature is required at the time of delivery. The sale of primers, powders, and Pyrodex is prohibited to the states of Delaware, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, New York City, & Jacksonville, FL. You must be 21 or older to purchase black powder in California. Cannot ship via ship-to-store to Anchorage, AK store. A physical address is required for delivery. This item cannot be expedited and must ship ground.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Did Jacksonville pass some sort of local ordinance without getting noticed?

Overzealous Fire Marshal send Bass Pro a letter or something?

ETA- I just went to Brownells and added powder & primers to my cart and used a Jacksonville zip code (32201). There was nothing in the restrictions about Jacksonville, FL. I didn't check-out but I was given every reason to believe I could have.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Good catch OP. I've contacted them about it and mentioned any "smaller than state-level" restrictions are illegal due to state pre-emption laws. They said they'll follow up.

ETA: solved. Error on their part:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good catch OP. I've contacted them about it and mentioned any "smaller than state-level" restrictions are illegal due to state pre-emption laws. They said they'll follow up.

ETA: solved. Error on their part:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300350/12A1C779-F13F-46C6-86BD-C1346019BBAB_jpe-1257192.JPG
View Quote
Excellent; good work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top