Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2021 11:51:38 AM EDT

If the mandate goes through, Brownfield Regional Medical Center CEO Jerry Jasper said that “20 percent of my, probably 20 to 25 percent of my staff will have to go away if that’s the case,” reported KCBD. Losing those workers, he said, would likely cause his hospital to shut down, and losing Medicare and Medicaid money isn’t an option either.
View Quote

Brownfield Regional Hospital Faces Closure Due to Vaccine Mandate

Hospitals and Clinics have strict laws, rules, and regulations as to staff requirements -- you don't meet the bar, only option is close down or re-staff to fill the requirements. Nurses are being offered up to $40,000.00 as a sign-on bonus, $15,000.00 moving relocation fees, and top wages for some hospitals looking for staff.

Nurses Offered $40,000.00 Bonus Just To Relocate
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I am now about as far away from the bedside as I can be and still be a nurse and I would not go back to the ER for what they are offering. Tired of being labeled a raciss for asking people to turn the TV down. I don't want your turkey sandwich mother fucker and admin not standing in the breach for staffing issues got old a long time ago. Fuck ALL you CEOS that want to run an ER on half a staff.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am now about as far away from the bedside as I can be and still be a nurse and I would not go back to the ER for what they are offering. Tired of being labeled a raciss for asking people to turn the TV down. I don't want your turkey sandwich mother fucker and admin not standing in the breach for staffing issues got old a long time ago. Fuck ALL you CEOS that want to run an ER on half a staff.
View Quote

It's only racist if you ask them to turn down Sanford and Son.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too. No more weekends, holidays, double shifts with the oncoming staff coming in an hour late after I worked 16 hours and then I go home for an hour or two nap before returning to work again. No more getting told that “the staff level is appropriate for the matrix” that some assholes who never worked as a floor nurse created.

You best back off on the Sanford and Son. I was born in 1967 and I loved Sanford and Son.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got one better then the everything is racist.  PT and their families complaining of Christmas decorations because it’s offensive to them even though they chose to come to a hospital with a Christian religion  name on the outside of the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I got one better then the everything is racist.  PT and their families complaining of Christmas decorations because it’s offensive to them even though they chose to come to a hospital with a Christian religion  name on the outside of the hospital.
View Quote

Haha, that is golden.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like "Good Times'...    DYNOOOO-MITE !!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Off topic, but for me it was a posthumous Whitney Houston concert in the surgical waiting room.  The racis' was an old lady who was just trying to hear the news on the hospital provided television in the family waiting room.

No, nurses get a raw deal in the hospital environment.  Especially the hours.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I love Sandford and Son :)  
Fred vs Aunt Esther never gets old
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#9]
When my dad had his heart attack 5-6 years ago, he was just a couple of miles away from Charlton Methodist hospital in South Dallas and they have a cath lab as luck would have it. He got excellent care.

The staff there wasn't shy about sharing the ER waiting room antics they had to put up. Apparently it's not uncommon to bring a microwave and basically cook for your family and friends who want to stop by.

I made a few late night visits to Parkland for my mother-in-law back in the day, holy cow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top