Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2023 5:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavVet]
They aren't announcing opening date yet-so not sure if I'm bringing one kid early or the family in the summer (or both), but please teach me what I need to know.

I went to your ag website. Not sure what I can carry without written agreement means.

Attachment Attached File

What about Hershey? Is their super duper expensive hotel worth it?

How's the zoo? Chocolate world?

Any secrets we need to know?

Area pretty safe?

Anything else I need to know/do/see?

Kid likes Harry Potter and Legos if that means anything locally.

Thank you in advance!

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The Hotel Hershey is nice but depending on the rooms they are small. We stay once a year for the Autos and Ales.... They drive us over to the museum and pick us up at the end of the night. The main reason we stay there

My wife usually takes the day off and goes up early for the spa...whatever.

Never been to the park.

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 12:28:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shaggy] [#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrailerTrash556] [#3]
I'll answer what can. I haven't been in a few years I heard they changed some things around.

The water park is pretty big. Nice variety with the roller coasters. The indoor one is pretty fun I forget the name of it.

- How's the zoo? Chocolate world?
The zoo is pretty good considering the fact it's kinda crammed into Hershey Park and it doesn't cost any extra. If you are in the park go to the zoo it's not bad at all.
Chocolate world isn't anything amazing. Quick musical ride and a large gift shop.

- Any secrets we need to know?
Shocking secret here... everything is super expensive and parking is extra costs.

- Area pretty safe?
I've never had an issue. Your pretty much on the highway until the last 10 minutes. Assuming you are coming from out of town and not from a local hotel ect.

- Anything else I need to know/do/see?
What kind of stuff are you into and how much spare time will you have on your trip?

Eta
Parking lot is massive but there are shuttles running all day. I always advise people to take a cooler in your vehicle with food and drinks and just take a break around lunch time and go to your vehicle for a meal. It will probably save you $100
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesomeness. Thank you

I can't believe they won't release opening dates yet. That's going to cost them some plan ahead business
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigKahuna13] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavVet:
Awesomeness. Thank you

I can't believe they won't release opening dates yet. That's going to cost them some plan ahead business
View Quote

Season passes for the last 17 years.   Make sure you check the concert schedule. Hershey is expensive for Pennsylvania, but is very wealthy and upscale.  Several options for food outside the parks and breweries,distilleries, and brew pubs in the area.  

They also have decent RV Park.

PM any questions, you may have.

They are open weekends from April 1 to May 21.  

Open daily beginning May 26.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Took the babies momma and broken condoms there in 2021 and stayed at the Hershey Lodge. It's wasn't cheap to stay there but it's nice using the shuttle to save on parking, and we got in a hour early.  Lots of cool roller coaster rides.  The indoor one is called the Laff Trakk and is a spinney ride  Like someone said, the water park is big and you could spend a day there.  No guns in the park.  thy have metal detectors
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are ever in need of medical attention, Hershey Hospital is one of THE best facilities in the region.
It is also National center for cancer research and treatment.
Some years ago a new wing was constructed.  I was part of the crew that installed literally hundreds of PC's throughout the building.
The main hospital cafeteria wasn't bad either.

It was raining lightly when I took these pictures with a cell phone
Hershey Street Lights

Chocolate Ave

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
And the PA State Police headquarters is right across the road.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The tranny chocolate bar changed things.

My kid won't see the Hershey highway with me in
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
If you are ever in need of medical attention, Hershey Hospital is one of THE best facilities in the region.
It is also National center for cancer research and treatment.
Some years ago a new wing was constructed.  I was part of the crew that installed literally hundreds of PC's throughout the building.
The main hospital cafeteria wasn't bad either.

It was raining lightly when I took these pictures with a cell phone
Hershey Street Lights
https://i.postimg.cc/4xq4nBbj/Hershey-Street-Lights.jpg

Chocolate Ave

https://i.postimg.cc/4xr4nY4P/Chocolate-Ave.jpg
View Quote

The bottom pic is the old Little Italy neighborhood. I grew up there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ShawnsB4:

The bottom pic is the old Little Italy neighborhood. I grew up there.
View Quote

What time frame? My Grandmother lived in there for a few years as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top