Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/12/2020 7:50:09 PM EDT
Test Centers closed. High Winds For Tomorrow 4/13. No Hurry I Guess.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF is the point of vigilant testing if people aren't staying home, as much as possible? There's no cure so all testing does is add to the graphs. You think people are going to stay home more, just because they test positive?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
In this State People will be staying home for A Long Time. In other words The Gov. is in No hurry to open
it Back up. Shutting down testing centers now for Weather is stupid. It will go on and on and on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Many of the testing facilities are tent based in Hospital parking lots. That won't be ideal for 65 MPH wind gusts and 2" of rain.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Get better Tents.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
People don’t care about the stay at home orders. Go anywhere and you see groups of people. There’s no doubt we won’t be opening things back up in our state for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People don’t care about the stay at home orders. Go anywhere and you see groups of people. There’s no doubt we won’t be opening things back up in our state for a long time.
View Quote

People are tired of the overreach. The politicians are backing themselves into a corner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We cant have the ratio of infected (whether asymptomatic or severe) to dead by COVID get too high.
View Quote

Absolutely correct. That’s why TESTING IS IMPORTANT. Get ready for A Long Closure.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have direct hospital contacts, do not let the news fool you, a LOT of the severe/dead counts are younger and also non citizens of this country.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We cant have the ratio of infected (whether asymptomatic or severe) to dead by COVID get too high.
View Quote

They are considering ALL deaths virus deaths whether they had it or not. Skew the numbers to continue the fake panic.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I just saw an article posted about a 30 year old fitness trainer at the edge fitness clubs died related to the beer virus and supposedly he was in good health.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are considering ALL deaths virus deaths whether they had it or not. Skew the numbers to continue the fake panic.
View Quote

No they aren’t. They are considering anybody who dies and also tests positive as a Covid death, even if they had complications from something else like diabetes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it’s fair to say not everyone cares, there are still definitely people out and about. But my experience from having to still go to work everyday is that there is nowhere near as many people out as normal. I can cruise through Hartford or Springfield any time of day and not hit a bit of traffic. There’s seriously got to be only like 20% of the normal amount of cars on the road.

There are definitely hotspots of people, though, and they aren’t where I’d have expected. Like Home Depot, and any sort of popular hiking area.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sort of.

They are also including people who died and were _not tested_ for Covid19 as long as they exhibited similar symptoms and "Covid19" is listed on their death certificate. That's a CDC guideline
View Quote

No doubt that’s retarded but it’s far from “every death”.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even those shot to death?  Seriously?  Why don't you take a knee and think a bit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think it’s fair to say not everyone cares, there are still definitely people out and about. But my experience from having to still go to work everyday is that there is nowhere near as many people out as normal. I can cruise through Hartford or Springfield any time of day and not hit a bit of traffic. There’s seriously got to be only like 20% of the normal amount of cars on the road.

There are definitely hotspots of people, though, and they aren’t where I’d have expected. Like Home Depot, and any sort of popular hiking area.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to Hartford on Saturday for the first time since this started.   I took the highway there but since I don't go out,
I decided to take the local roads to milk the trip a bit.

I went right down Park Street through Frog Hollow and Parksville to West Hartford.  Weather was nice.

There were people congregating EVERYWHERE.  It was as if nothing had happened.  Very few masks, no gloves that I could see.  

I'm sure some of you have heard that racism has been fired into the discussion of the pandemic.  Minorities are dying at a higher rate than others and people are tripping over themselves to explain why because, of course,  Orange Man bad.  If what I saw is but a slice of what is going on in similar areas around the country that would be a logical reason not the racism one that people cannot wait to use.  They simply didn't give a fuck.

We do not know a lot about this disease yet except for one truism....IT PASSES THROUGH CLOSE CONTACT.  That said, and seeing that this disease can be fatal, STAY THE FUCK HOME.  I don't know why this is so hard.  And to the "but muh rights" crowd.  You have the right to do whatever you please until it infringes on the rights of others.  So while non tinfoil wearing, crayon eating people are going about their way protecting themselves which also protects others, some are saying I don't give a shit.  Those people will extend the pandemic and get many other innocent people sick and/or dead through their incredible stupidity.

This sucks. I get it.  This country will never be the same after this.  That people have lost jobs, that businesses have closed and that much of that is permanent is going to take a long time to recover from.  So don't add to the problem by being a insensitive,  self centered prick.  STAY THE FUCK HOME.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Staying at home and flattening the curve isn't just about reducing the sick and dead. It's so the medical world and its supply chain can get caught-up and learn from the virus. This far into stay at home and social distance orders, testing shouldn't need to be a priority. We're beyond the 2 week time period and shouldn't be seeing new cases or the should at least be very limited. That's if you're not arrogant and/or ignorant.

There's probably not going to be a cure or vaccine for a very long time. SARS happened 18 years ago and there's still no cure.

Let the medical world get their feet grounded.
Let 3M and other PPE mfr's get supplies stocked.

This is my 4th week home from work. Thankfully, I have a position that allows me to continue at, pretty much, the same pace and keep working. Since 3/20, I've left my house/property twice. Once was to go into the shop. To which there was no other personnel allowed on that floor, while I was there. The other time was to go to the bank, PO, and HD. Both times I wore PPE, limited my interactions w/ others, and distanced. Everything foreign (not already on my property before this) gets sanitized before coming into the house. The mail, package deliveries, groceries, etc, everything.

I could care less if the majority of you think this is a joke. My family's well being is my first and foremost priority. If that means donning Mopp4, to leave the house, sobeit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I went to Hartford on Saturday for the first time since this started.   I took the highway there but since I don't go out,
I decided to take the local roads to milk the trip a bit.

I went right down Park Street through Frog Hollow and Parksville to West Hartford.  Weather was nice.

There were people congregating EVERYWHERE.  It was as if nothing had happened.  Very few masks, no gloves that I could see.  

I'm sure some of you have heard that racism has been fired into the discussion of the pandemic.  Minorities are dying at a higher rate than others and people are tripping over themselves to explain why because, of course,  Orange Man bad.  If what I saw is but a slice of what is going on in similar areas around the country that would be a logical reason not the racism one that people cannot wait to use.  They simply didn't give a fuck.

We do not know a lot about this disease yet except for one truism....IT PASSES THROUGH CLOSE CONTACT.  That said, and seeing that this disease can be fatal, STAY THE FUCK HOME.  I don't know why this is so hard.  And to the "but muh rights" crowd.  You have the right to do whatever you please until it infringes on the rights of others.  So while non tinfoil wearing, crayon eating people are going about their way protecting themselves which also protects others, some are saying I don't give a shit.  Those people will extend the pandemic and get many other innocent people sick and/or dead through their incredible stupidity.

This sucks. I get it.  This country will never be the same after this.  That people have lost jobs, that businesses have closed and that much of that is permanent is going to take a long time to recover from.  So don't add to the problem by being a insensitive,  self centered prick.  STAY THE FUCK HOME.
View Quote

I saw several videos recently of large gatherings of black people saying they are immune.  I guess the Wuhan flu ate their brains and they can't figure it out.

Yesterday or the day before I saw some TV news report about a party somewhere of 400 people and several being shot.  Good times I guess.

I have advanced heart disease (emergency quintuple bypass 20 years ago, and several heart attacks and stents since.... most recently Sept 2019), so I am doing the curbside pick up grocery shit.  It sucks having to purchase from CCP loving WallyWorld, but gotta eat and we are saving the canned/dried/etc food for when the zombies from Hartford start moving to eastern CT to find food and guns.  However, I have to go to a hardware store later this week.  Gonna die some day, so....

30+ years ago I was working in a gas station / auto repair place in southern Hartford area on weekends while attending UCONN in Storrs as a full time student.  Life is cheap to those people in that shit hole (I saw some shit).  Why would they worry about a virus even if they could see it?

"Racism" is used for all sorts of stuff.  They have been yapping for reparations for decades.  Now with the Wuhan flu they will probably push for double reparations.  Fuck 'em!  I'm sick and tired of their whining for the past 50 years.  LBJ and MLK were both assholes!

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

......STAY THE FUCK HOME.
View Quote

"I'll put a bullet in your ass!"

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve gone to great lengths my whole life to insulate myself from the type of person you’d see congregating on the streets of Hartford. I guess I’m not surprised to hear they aren’t taking this seriously.

That said, I have been working through this and so have my crews. There are a metric fuckton more policies and procedures we have to adhere to that I won’t get into here to keep ourselves safe, but we’re doing it so far.

It’s not all bad. I’d never wish for the death of 60% of the population, but it’s straight up pleasant out there without that 60%. The first photo below was taken just outside Manchester at 8:15 this morning, the second was taken on 291 heading toward 91 just minutes later. There’s normally heavy traffic here.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#22]
That brings up a good point Zerg.  Traffic law enforcement except for the truly stupid moves has been suspended.   And by that I mean not enforced while others take it to practice the Cannonball Run.

Four way intersections,  stop signs, stop lights, yield,  etc mean shit to a lot of people now.

On I 84 the other day, a Mercedes AMG E class 63S went by me so fast my car shook badly for a second.  He was flying.  If you do the speed limit for any length of time, you won't pass anyone and everybody will pass you.  Be safe.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#24]
It is only the flu......

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Why are the cops not enforcing traffic laws?  What the fuck else are they being paid not to do?

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That brings up a good point Zerg.  Traffic law enforcement except for the truly stupid moves has been suspended.   And by that I mean not enforced while others take it to practice the Cannonball Run.

Four way intersections,  stop signs, stop lights, yield,  etc mean shit to a lot of people now.

On I 84 the other day, a Mercedes AMG E class 63S went by me so fast my car shook badly for a second.  He was flying.  If you do the speed limit for any length of time, you won't pass anyone and everybody will pass you.  Be safe.
View Quote

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy. I drove from Tolland CT to Great Barrington MA today and even going 80-85 I couldn’t keep out of people’s way. People are flying. Made record time, though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys aren't lying about the roads turning into a mad Max / demolition derby fest. I have seen more dumb shit these past few weeks than in all of my years driving combined. I guess no one stops to think hey, if i get fucked up and sent to the e.r., i might just get the beer virus and be worse off
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why are the cops not enforcing traffic laws?  What the fuck else are they being paid not to do?

View Quote

Flagging Construction projects. "Essential "
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a construction project near where I live.  Yesterday there were TWO state cops and cars with flashing lights doing pretty much nothing.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There is a construction project near where I live.  Yesterday there were TWO state cops and cars with flashing lights doing pretty much nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How else do you expect the cops to screw the taxpayer with their cushy pensions? They need to watch guys dig holes to get all that OT factored into the pension calculation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How else do you expect the cops to screw the taxpayer with their cushy pensions? They need to watch guys dig holes to get all that OT factored into the pension calculation.
View Quote

Nailed it!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I only go out to grocery store and work.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Both will soon be against the law I Bet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im accentual manufacturer
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Im accentual manufacturer
View Quote

Dildos?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dildos?
View Quote

Yes.

Space dildos to be Pacific
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

which  grocery store do you work at?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got Him!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mahdah fuckah
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Bad weather today. Red Ned better Shut down testing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Test site in New Haven Closed After 1330 hrs. Bad Weather. I guess testing is Important?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Test site in New Haven Closed After 1330 hrs. Bad Weather. I guess testing is Important?
View Quote

New Haven did have a thunderstorm roll through a little while ago after the weather service issued a thunderstorm warning. Some wind, lots of rain, thunder.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

New Haven did have a thunderstorm roll through a little while ago after the weather service issued a thunderstorm warning. Some wind, lots of rain, thunder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's True. I work Near that spot. My point is If They Keep Saying Test,test,test. Come up with something better if Weather is A Problem.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#44]
How long does it take to get results 5 days?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

No That place Is A "Quick" Test.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's True. I work Near that spot. My point is If They Keep Saying Test,test,test. Come up with something better if Weather is A Problem.
View Quote

The test sites are little tarp shelters from what I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No That place Is A "Quick" Test.
View Quote

I sea
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

2hrs at Yale-
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Winds 15-25 mph. HIGHER WIND GUSTS POSSIBLE.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Winds 15-25 mph. HIGHER WIND GUSTS POSSIBLE.
View Quote

The wind sucks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top