Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2022 5:48:17 PM EDT
Anyone hunted at Nine bar ranch?. A buddy is planning to go with some guys at work. Just curious if anyone had experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That area is proud of their speed limit. I used to shoot at a range close to Decatur on 51. Lots of tickets being written to fellow shooters.
55 is 55.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Guy I know enjoyed a Black Buck Antelope hunt there. If I recall, they charge more up front, but the price includes trophy fees, vs the model where you pay less for the hunt plus trophy fees.

I recall they have a rule against using AR platforms and for that reason, I will never give them any business, but “their business, their rules”.  While I am likely to use a bolt action for the kind of hunting they provide, they are too woke or politically correct for me. What platform I use should be none of their business if it’s sighted in and of an appropriate caliber.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guy I know enjoyed a Black Buck Antelope hunt there. If I recall, they charge more up front, but the price includes trophy fees, vs the model where you pay less for the hunt plus trophy fees.

I recall they have a rule against using AR platforms and for that reason, I will never give them any business, but “their business, their rules”.  While I am likely to use a bolt action for the kind of hunting they provide, they are too woke or politically correct for me. What platform I use should be none of their business if it’s sighted in and of an appropriate caliber.
View Quote

I had the same reaction to the no AR platform. I was invited to go. Too much for a pig hunt and the firearm restriction is enough for me to pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top