Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2019 7:52:31 AM EDT
Just heard she's wanting to shorten the length of the permit from 7 years down to 5 and keep applicants fingerprints indefinitely.  Honestly, I figured they already kept the fingerprint records once you submitted them..

Link to story
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
She can buzz off and go pick booger’s in the mirror.

What justification does she offer? How many crimes have been committed by convicted felons in possession of a Florida CCW?
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the time duration set by the FL Constitution? If so, princess nikki can suck a dikky.

Actually, she can suck a dikky anyway.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The way Democrats work is to make claim to power and authority they don't legally have and proceed as if they do.

For example, Pelosi stated that she has equal power as The President of The United States.

Worse case for them is they're caught doing it and stopped, but there's no downside to them for trying.

Every once in a while they get away with it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#4]
….and so it begins!  What will be next if she accomplishes this?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Narcissist Nikki is just pissed at us for the artwork on all her, 20 years ago pic, gas pump stickers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
….and so it begins!  What will be next if she accomplishes this?
View Quote
She doesn't set the requirements; the legislature does.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Gotta love how politicians from liberal counties want to set the rules for the whole state!
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Narcissist Nikki is just pissed at us for the artwork on all her, 20 years ago pic, gas pump stickers.
View Quote
I thought I was the only one who did this!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
best use of a black sharpie ever!

IT GET'S  WORSE!! Now She is using state money filing briefs aginst the pre-emption law; in an email from NRA-ILA Marion hammer wrote:

"The case is now before the 1st District Court of Appeals and, rather than uphold her oath, Nikki Fried SWITCHED SIDES and has filed a brief against the state.

I'm curious how Commissioner Fried can justify this sudden shift and shirking of her duties.  She was not a Plaintiff in the trial court.  She only became a Defendant in a lawsuit that was filed against her predecessor after she took office.  She is also a Cabinet Member who took the oath of office to support, protect, and defend the state.  Now, instead of doing her job to defend the state, she is attacking the laws of the government that she swore an oath to support, protect, and defend.

Further, she has used state resources (lawyers and staff paid with public funds) to draft a brief against the state and the laws created by the State Legislature.  In other words she is using YOUR TAX DOLLARS against a state law that protects YOU from politically motivated actions against you by local governments.
Commissioner Nikki Fried is arguing that it's OK for local governments to intentionally break the law and not be punished.

I'm certain the legislature didn't intend to fund briefs against state laws.

So, it strikes me that Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried's brief was a political stunt because she SWITCHED SIDES and filed a brief AGAINST the Legislature's state law that she is supposed to defend.

Moreover, Fried's attack on the constitutionality of the law when two other cabinet members are defending the constitutionality of the law certainly seems at odds with her duty to uphold the law.
Given Fried's own questionable conduct, it seems quite clear why she supports allowing public officials to violate the law without fear of being punished for illegal conduct."

SHE NEEDS TO GO
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I carry a sharpie just for her picture...
I hear some folk just peel them off. I have thought about getting some decals, the old Mr. Yuck from the decades old anti poisoning/dangerous substance campaign would fit well and be faster and easier.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gotta love how politicians from liberal counties want to set the rules for the whole state!
View Quote
Nothing infuriates me more.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gotta love how politicians from liberal counties States want to set the rules for the whole stateCountry!
View Quote
Fixed it for you.

I'm extremely grateful for the electoral college.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm okay reducing it to five years and moving the permitting from Agriculture to the FDLE if it meant that our permits would be NICS compliant (meaning no background check and no $5 fee at stores).
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FDLE running it is a bad idea. And they wouldn't be NICS compliant since Fal chooses not to use NICS. Leave it as is. Seven years, no need to recertify, and under Agriculture.
View Quote
There's always a risk, but there's a risk here now that Fried runs A&CS.  If it works for all of the states listed here, including many which are more conservative than Florida, it's good enough for me.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#19]
The only changes I'd get behind are Constitutional carry.  Why do we accept that permits are needed to exercise Inalienable rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top