Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2021 12:30:55 PM EDT
I've been avoiding them like the plague for years to hunt on cause I've heard so many hit or miss stories about them. The time has come, however, to begin thinking about the next hunting spot as my current situation could change in the future, hopefully not the near future but it'll change.

What WMAs are actually good and which ones should I avoid? I'm near Lex but if I recall, that's the majority of the hit or miss stories I see and the main one that turned me off of WMAs. Now I gotta give them a fair chance if for no other reason than I don't have my own piece of dirt yet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been avoiding them like the plague for years to hunt on cause I've heard so many hit or miss stories about them. The time has come, however, to begin thinking about the next hunting spot as my current situation could change in the future, hopefully not the near future but it'll change.

What WMAs are actually good and which ones should I avoid? I'm near Lex but if I recall, that's the majority of the hit or miss stories I see and the main one that turned me off of WMAs. Now I gotta give them a fair chance if for no other reason than I don't have my own piece of dirt yet.
View Quote

The WMA's these year are pretty much hit or miss due to the lack of acorns. We have been traveling several miles out to find acorns. We normally hunt the Wister WMA but this year we're just not seeing the deer of years past. Even my private land has taken a hit this year with deer stacked up on the wheat alfalfa mix. If you can locate private land adjacent to public with a good food source it will be a gift. Right now it's tough patterning deer that are traveling a long ways. And the doe's will always migrate to food sources. I have 625 acres and this is the worst year ever. GW's have totally dropped the ball and poaching has been terrible. Plus we're over loaded with doe's and I'm so pissed with the Game department I'm ready to just quit harvesting doe's when I have to travel to public land to find a decent buck. Then to ice the cake I get hassled for my Non-ambulatory permeant, yet poachers get free reign. I'm ready to defund the Game Warden department! The law applies to me but not for me...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top