Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2019 11:21:34 PM EDT
Hi there everyone!
Just moved to Minneapolis for a next year or so. Moved from Russia, and I've got a blog (it's pretty easy to find by my nickname), in which I'm trying to introduce Russian readers to American gun culture. A few years ago I started to chat on Reddit firearms enthusiast community, and now - I'm here. In the US.
So, if anyone has a wish to talk a little about guns, laws, cars, gunsmithing or differences in cultures in general... I have a lot of spare time in the weekends. So, if you need a spare hands for your workshop, I'm ready to help.
And if you have a gun, with a history, or something rare, or which you are just proud for - I could make a some story/video about it.
Sorry if i sound a little overexcited.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome

You certainly picked a very Minnesota time to come to Minnesota
View Quote
ha ha ah A very Minnesota time, you got that right this winter lol

Welcome to MN aside from the politics it is a great and beautiful state.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Welcome

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Welcome

Thanks,
Well, the weather is not so different from my hometown. You have just a little more snow here... well, 2-3 times more, actually.

Quoted:

ha ha ah A very Minnesota time, you got that right this winter lol

Welcome to MN aside from the politics it is a great and beautiful state.
Thanks, I've noted that people here are incredibly friendly and welcoming. That's really nice. Not sure about local politics though. If there's little to no communists, I'm fine. :)
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks,
Well, the weather is not so different from my hometown. You have just a little more snow here... well, 2-3 times more, actually.

Thanks, I've noted that people here are incredibly friendly and welcoming. That's really nice. Not sure about local politics though. If there's little to no communists, I'm fine. :)
View Quote
@Hyperprapor our communist go by the name of democrat or you will hear DFL a lot in metro area.

Welcome! Friend os the 2A is a friend indeed!
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to Minnesota and the USA
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. Is there a place where you, folks, gather around at winter days?
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I would really enjoy a conversation about the differences between the US and Russia.

I assume you are on the freedom side of the aisle, but I would like to hear what your thoughts are about the difference.

I assume English is not your first language, but from what I've seen, you write it well!

And welcome!
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We do have one of the better local gun shows coming up soon, if you've not been to one yet.
View Quote
Mankato Gun & Knife Show - this one? I wasn't yet. But plan to visit one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would really enjoy a conversation about the differences between the US and Russia.

I assume you are on the freedom side of the aisle, but I would like to hear what your thoughts are about the difference.

I assume English is not your first language, but from what I've seen, you write it well!

And welcome!
View Quote
Thanks. Sure, my native language is Russian, obviously.
And from what I've already saw - there's a lot of differences. In Russia useless bureaucracy is everywhere. Way tougher gun laws as well - it could be considered as hell for gun enthusiast. Take California laws, add registration, license to simply own a gun - EACH gun, no handgun ownership at all. Limit to 1000 round per buy, renewal of license every 5 years, which takes about 30 days and ... I said about bureaucracy before? Well, you have to go to psychological local department, get certified that you are not their patient, get a report from a local police station that they checked you and your home and found nothing wrong. Pay taxes and fees for each of that step. And that procedure is to repeat for every gun you have - it has separate license each. So, the gun ownership in Russia is on decline right now. The last blow - the government decided, that every range visitor have to have similar license just to rent a gun. A lot of us expecting that even the few remaining ranges will be shut down after this measures.
As for the roads - you have absolutely marvelous roads here. Cleared, without potholes (ok, may be there's a few, but not like in Russia - where sometimes you have more holes, than a road itself). People drive carefully, that's also a nice thing. And i didn't saw any speeding cameras nowhere. That's a strange.
That's the first things that come to my mind. There's more, but this is came first.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks. Sure, my native language is Russian, obviously.
And from what I've already saw - there's a lot of differences. In Russia useless bureaucracy is everywhere. Way tougher gun laws as well - it could be considered as hell for gun enthusiast. Take California laws, add registration, license to simply own a gun - EACH gun, no handgun ownership at all. Limit to 1000 round per buy, renewal of license every 5 years, which takes about 30 days and ... I said about bureaucracy before? Well, you have to go to psychological local department, get certified that you are not their patient, get a report from a local police station that they checked you and your home and found nothing wrong. Pay taxes and fees for each of that step. And that procedure is to repeat for every gun you have - it has separate license each. So, the gun ownership in Russia is on decline right now. The last blow - the government decided, that every range visitor have to have similar license just to rent a gun. A lot of us expecting that even the few remaining ranges will be shut down after this measures.
As for the roads - you have absolutely marvelous roads here. Cleared, without potholes (ok, may be there's a few, but not like in Russia - where sometimes you have more holes, than a road itself). People drive carefully, that's also a nice thing. And i didn't saw any speeding cameras nowhere. That's a strange.
That's the first things that come to my mind. There's more, but this is came first.
View Quote
What about politics in general? Of course, we only hear the bad stuff, unless that is all there is
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What about politics in general? Of course, we only hear the bad stuff, unless that is all there is
View Quote
In general? Well, there's no non-left wing political parties in Russia at all. Actually, there's no non pro-gevernment parties either.
Most of local elections was disbanded not so long ago - so now most governors and other officials are simply appointed by Moscow. And elections that left - is a circus, there's just one actual candidate and a bunch of no-go candidates. Any real competitor is just pushed out of the list by various methods - like 'wrong signatures in bulletin' or 'incorrect form' or something alike.
Starting a business in Russia is a pretty tough and risky. Most companies have a planning scope for 3 years maximum. A lot of money is moving out of the country. Last year was a record for a cash flow away.
So, most startups prefer to move to Canada, US, China or something like that, if they plan an international trades. Out of the country hosting is a must-have for almost every company.
70+ percent of all business in Russia either is government controlled or with strong ties to officials.
So, economical situation in Russia is pretty bad since 2013. Stagnating. Real income is on decline.
and the worst part - a lot of young people emigrate from Russia. About 300+k annually. And it's the most educated and professional population. But the whole population stays the same - those who emigrate replaced by immigrants from asia and other undeveloped regions.
For the good part - not sure what good was in there that worth mention. The last 10+ years is called 'lost decade' actually.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Interesting.

What were you taught about roles and whatnot in ww1 and ww2?

Are all school children really taught to clean and disassemble an ak?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interesting.

What were you taught about roles and whatnot in ww1 and ww2?

Are all school children really taught to clean and disassemble an ak?
View Quote
Err... Which roles? WW2 is splitted in two parts - WW2 (1939-1945) and a Domestic War (1941-1945), when USSR started a war against Germany. And the second part is waaaaay more popular in every mass media, books, etc. It makes impression, that 90% of the WW2 was Nazi VS USSR war. Everyone else is mentioned... in a few words.
WW1 is mostly forgotten at all. It hidden in the shadow of the 1905 and 1917 revolutions, and Civil War that comes after.

Well, we have a course of 'life safety fundamentals' in schools. It includes basics like what to do if there's a chemical or radiation hazard, main nuclear bomb factors and how to find a cover... first aid lessons, AK disassembly could be as well. That depends. Grenade throwing is on 'sports'. Of course, the AK and grenades - are deactivates. For educational purposes.
It's not a main course, but it present in many schools.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]
What about the "winter war" against Finland in the beginning of ww2?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

War (1941-1945), when USSR started a war against Germany.
View Quote
Wait, what? Hitler invaded USSR. Not what you are taught?

Nazi troops stormed as far as Stalingrad?, Then got caught by the winter, when Russians started beating then back all the way to Berlin.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pretty much abandoned as well. A few paragraphs in the book, and that's all. At best - it's mentioned like: "Winter war gave us priceless experience of large operations in cold periods".

Quoted:
Wait, what? Hitler invaded USSR. Not what you are taught?

Nazi troops stormed as far as Stalingrad?, Then got caught by the winter, when Russians started beating then back all the way to Berlin.
No, sorry, I just incorrectly phrased that. I meant that the part of WW2 when USSR fight against Poland, is almost not mentioned. The WW2 for Russians started at June 22, 1941 with German invasion. One of the most known battles - is Kurskaya. Stalingrad, as well. Leningrad siege and its heroic defenders.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Very interesting.

What about the Holodomor?

And I forgot to ask: are you here, in the US, permanently or temporarily?

I ask about ww2 so much because its not only an interest of mine, but the changes of whose "side" Russia was on. From our perspective, its the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation to defeat Germany. General Patton wanted to continue all the way to Moscow and take on Russia after Berlin fell.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:Not sure about local politics though. If there's little to no communists, I'm fine. :)
View Quote
In MN, the communists run the schools and news media so not much different than old Soviet Russia...
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Very interesting.

I ask about ww2 so much because its not only an interest of mine, but the changes of whose "side" Russia was on. From our perspective, its the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation to defeat Germany. General Patton wanted to continue all the way to Moscow and take on Russia after Berlin fell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Very interesting.

Holodomor is also not a popular topic. Mostly even denied as intentional deed. Like "there was a great famine in USSR, not only Ukraine was affected".
Well. In first years after a war allies and lend-lease was seen as a greatest help. But as years passed - the usefulness of this help was diminished. Now, most of Russians are pretty sure that victory was completely by the USSR itself. Like 'we would win anyway, may be a year later'.
For now - i have a 18 month contract. Will see how it comes.

Quoted:

In MN, the communists run the schools and news media so not much different than old Soviet Russia...
Well, that's bad, but from what I could see for now - not as bad as it could be. At least for now. And I have something to compare to. :)
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Err... Which roles? WW2 is splitted in two parts - WW2 (1939-1945) and a Domestic War (1941-1945), when USSR started a war against Germany. And the second part is waaaaay more popular in every mass media, books, etc. It makes impression, that 90% of the WW2 was Nazi VS USSR war. Everyone else is mentioned... in a few words.
WW1 is mostly forgotten at all. It hidden in the shadow of the 1905 and 1917 revolutions, and Civil War that comes after.

Well, we have a course of 'life safety fundamentals' in schools. It includes basics like what to do if there's a chemical or radiation hazard, main nuclear bomb factors and how to find a cover... first aid lessons, AK disassembly could be as well. That depends. Grenade throwing is on 'sports'. Of course, the AK and grenades - are deactivates. For educational purposes.
It's not a main course, but it present in many schools.
View Quote
@Hyperprapor, Amazing to learn such valuable life / survival skills at school no less.

Public schools here only teach children how to be good little slaves of the nation state.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@Hyperprapor, Amazing to learn such valuable life / survival skills at school no less.

Public schools here only teach children how to be good little slaves of the nation state.
View Quote
No one really considered it useful in schools, though. Most kids think it's just a waste of time. So, most of them is not really interested as well.
As for brainwashing - all other humanitarian lessons are targeted for raising specific viewpoint. Literature, history, culture - are very pro-government in general. Now in schools added religious lessons - and religion in Russia is very tightly related to government. It's not a secret, that most of top priests - has had a KGB rank. And in some regions we have a cossack tradition schools. I don't even know what to compare them to. Iranian Guards of the Islamic Revolution is the closest match, i suppose.
We have a strong concerns about growth of clericalization nationwide. Because in Russia there's a lot of various confessions as well. Islam in south republics are dominant. What we don't want to have for sure - is a religious clashes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No one really considered it useful in schools, though. Most kids think it's just a waste of time. So, most of them is not really interested as well.
As for brainwashing - all other humanitarian lessons are targeted for raising specific viewpoint. Literature, history, culture - are very pro-government in general. Now in schools added religious lessons - and religion in Russia is very tightly related to government. It's not a secret, that most of top priests - has had a KGB rank. And in some regions we have a cossack tradition schools. I don't even know what to compare them to. Iranian Guards of the Islamic Revolution is the closest match, i suppose.
We have a strong concerns about growth of clericalization nationwide. Because in Russia there's a lot of various confessions as well. Islam in south republics are dominant. What we don't want to have for sure - is a religious clashes.
View Quote
@Hyperprapor,

I did not know that Russia had to deal with Islam ( from the southern regions). Is there radical cells like here in Amerika?

Is the news all propaganda like here is the United States or is there good solid reporting of events?

Is your leadership benevolent to the people or do they wish to subjugate and control the people?

From what I read now Russia is far more free nation than USA (individual freedoms/ freedom to be left the hell alone and not harassed by state funded Stasi) is this correct or misleading information?
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@Hyperprapor,

I did not know that Russia had to deal with Islam ( from the southern regions). Is there radical cells like here in Amerika?

Is the news all propaganda like here is the United States or is there good solid reporting of events?

Is your leadership benevolent to the people or do they wish to subjugate and control the people?

From what I read now Russia is far more free nation than USA is this correct or misleading information?
View Quote
Seriously, where are you reading that Russia is “far more free nation than USA”?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Seriously, where are you reading that Russia is “far more free nation than USA”?
View Quote
I should have prefaced the question better in terms of day to day individual freedoms as both states propaganda apparatus throws much disinfo.

IT and Technical forums (engineers) but is perhaps anecdotal evidence and or skewed by perceptions and perks of contracts (for example living in Moscow).

Far less personal debt, less taxes. Small business less regulated even with inspector bribes. Less police state than US. Perhaps anecdotal as tech and engineers are well taken care of

so perceptions might be skewed.

Your individual liberty here in Amerika are an illusion. Ask any logger, farmer, independent trucker, business owner freely trying to go about their business and or common citizen refusing to identify/show papers freely traversing the byways.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@Hyperprapor,

From what I read now Russia is far more free nation than USA (individual freedoms/ freedom to be left the hell alone and not harassed by state funded Stasi) is this correct or misleading information?
View Quote
Didn't you heard about Chechnya or Dagestan? That's a predominantly muslim republics. In Russia there's about 75% of population - is various Christian confessions (mostly Orthodox, though). But there's a 6.5% of population following Muslim path. That's almost 10 million people. So, yeah. We have that problem. Boston Marathon bombing was committed by the Chechen immigrants, by the way.

Well, we have only one type of MSM - government propaganda. No other official MSM exists. But, there's a widespread of unofficial sources. Underground media. Government work hard to silence it - blocking internet resources, pressure on founders, jailing them or forcing to flee to foreign states. Roscomnadzor - is an departmant that censor internet, with a list of 'blocked' resources, which is obligatory for ISP to follow.
Well, Russia is ranked 148 out of 180 in freedom index. Near to Mexico and Cambodia. So... you could guess. In Russia there's a problem with a police force. Even New York - with all theirs police state, is just a 2/3 of normal russian police ratio. We have about 623 police officers per 100.000 citizens. Police, FSB, other personnel. That's a lot. US on average has 250. Germany - 300. UK - 310.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I should have prefaced the question better in terms of day to day individual freedoms as both states propaganda apparatus throws much disinfo.

IT and Technical forums (engineers) but is perhaps anecdotal evidence and or skewed by perceptions and perks of contracts (for example living in Moscow).

Far less personal debt, less taxes. Small business less regulated even with inspector bribes. Less police state than US. Perhaps anecdotal as tech and engineers are well taken care of

so perceptions might be skewed.

Your individual liberty here in Amerika are an illusion. Ask any logger, farmer, independent trucker, business owner freely trying to go about their business and or common citizen refusing to identify/show papers freely traversing the byways.
View Quote
I suppose when compared to the standard of absolute libertarian freedom, then yes, I suppose you could say that "individual liberty here in Amerika are an illusion".  When compared to just about any other place on the planet, not really.  If you believe you are less free here in the USA than in communist Russia, you may be hanging around the wrong parts of the internet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

...you cannot be serious.
View Quote
I think he was serious
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think he was serious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...you cannot be serious.
I think he was serious
I think he was too.  I get the impression from his post that he’s probably pretty young, maybe he just hasn’t been outside much yet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't want to further derail this in case the Stasi are listening, so...

@hyperprapor - I work in the firearms industry, am a gunsmith by trade and a gun nerd (and politics, history, liquor, beer, and cigar nerd) by hobby.  If there's anything conversationally interesting to you, feel free to shoot me an IM or something in a post here.  I live an hour or so west of Minneapolis now, but I get back into the Cities frequently for gun shows and the like, and would be happy to have you out shooting or something when the it finally warms up in August
View Quote
Ohhh. I have a so lot that catches my interest. Gun building, and i don't mean just assembling ar-15, but machining, welding and other similar stuff. Shooting as well. It's pretty hard to find in Russia something other than various AK - but i owned an AR-15 from Armalite for a while. There's just a few thousand of ARs for a whole country. So... it's a mark. :) I was at Orsis plant - where they build match rifles. Shot one, too. Was in London arms museum, as well. There's artillery mostly, but also some funny things present.
But my experience with pistols... not so great - handguns in Russia is banned for private ownership. And to rent is quite... expensive. 0.5-0.8$ per shot in most places for 9x19. Considering Russians salaries - that's a literally shooting fortune into the air. .223 for example costs 15 cents, 7.62x39 - even less. It's cheaper than .22. Both are steel cased, but still.
Alcohol is missed me. That's a pretty strange for Russian, some may think, but - here I am.
Soon, I heard would be a large gun show - i suppose it worth visiting?
Yeah, we also have a summer almost each year. And if you lucky enough it would be on weekend.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#36]
2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey op: there is a tank driving/machine gun shooting place in southern MN you have to check out. No permits, just pay your monies for a once-in-a-lifetime thrill ride
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey op: there is a tank driving/machine gun shooting place in southern MN you have to check out. No permits, just pay your monies for a once-in-a-lifetime thrill ride
View Quote
Really? Well. I should consider that. And somehow sneak it past my wife. :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyway, is there non gun-related activities worth visiting in Minneapolis and nearby? Old timer car shows may be? Lakes worth visiting only in warm weather... for now it's not really something to look to, right? Some exhibitions or museums worth visiting?
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Most of the fun stuff is in summer. We are now entering melt season (in theory), so not much going on.

Ever see a movie on a massive screen in 3D?
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#45]
This is THE premiere car show in MN every summer.

Everybody in Minnesota thinks that they have to go up north to have any fun so I stay to the east, south, & west.  You should probably visit Duluth & Brainerd.

Here is a great day trip, the National Eagle Center in Wabasha.

Of course you should visit the Mall of America but be prepared to pay full retail for almost everything there.  There are nice discount malls in Woodbury, Albertville, & Eagan & probably couple more that I'm missing.

I haven't been to Faribault Woolen Mill in a long time but they have a great sale once a year.

If you enjoy archery big game hunting this is THE place to go.

… although I haven't been there yet myself.  

New Ulm & Mankato make nice day trips & you can always visit Hermann the German.

If you want to see some wildlife there are a lot of public areas all around The Cities including in Wisconsin.  (BTW, always refer to the area as "The Cities" in order to be part of the in crowd.)

Be sure to visit Stillwater & Hudson & drive some of the roads north & south from those towns for some real pretty countryside with nice hills.  To the south you're going down the St. Croix River & to the south you're going along the Mississippi.

If you like motorcycling there are a lot of good dealerships around & some of the Harley dealerships used to rent out their motorcycles by the day.  There was also a place in Hudson, right on I 94 that did but I'm not sure if they're in business any more.  (You probably have to have a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license to rent one.  That means that you have to be trained & pass a test saying that you know how to ride a motorcycle.)

If you're into farming you might be able to visit a local farm to see how they operate but I don't have any contacts for you.  The best place that I know of to visit is way over in Thorp WI, Marieke Gouda.  It's both the family farm & a small cheese factory on one site but it's 127 miles from Minneapolis.  It'd make a good day trip over back.

Map to Thorp WI.

… but there must be plenty of farms closer that you could visit.

That ought to keep you busy!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#47]
True enough, but you beat me to the punch on the MSRA.

Link Posted: 3/11/2019 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Wells Gunshow is easily best gun show in MN.  It was last weekend.  down slightly due to expected weather.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Visited MWSA show today at MN State Fair Coliseum Building. Navigator drive me somewhere in the middle of the nowhere, a few blocks away, so I followed some truck with obvious bumper sticker. Because where else could this truck follow on Saturday morning? :)
Some pretty fun Krag carbines, a lot of scrap metal, sharp scrap metal, rusty scrap metal... Glock 43x is a nice little thing, though. I liked it. Should buy one someday. Well. A lot of people there, for sure. Didn't really expected that much.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mJxU0HLMRfo/XI1Zje5ASXI/AAAAAAAAJfg/cEUqLQEGlS0SYSNVAuByBogNMtDHMbkqwCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0071-1.JPG
Visited MWSA show today at MN State Fair Coliseum Building. Navigator drive me somewhere in the middle of the nowhere, a few blocks away, so I followed some truck with obvious bumper sticker. Because where else could this truck follow on Saturday morning? :)
Some pretty fun Krag carbines, a lot of scrap metal, sharp scrap metal, rusty scrap metal... Glock 43x is a nice little thing, though. I liked it. Should buy one someday. Well. A lot of people there, for sure. Didn't really expected that much.
View Quote
I'm glad you got to experience an American gun show.  But that looks like absolute hell and reminds me why I stopped going to these years ago.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top