Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
10/15/2021 7:52:46 PM
Posted: 9/15/2021 6:12:04 PM EDT
Hi fellow ARF'ers.

Escaped CA and now am in NC :)

No idea what the R&R's are for buying and selling here, except for the pistol permit.
Been here a month, so am going to apply for my pistol permit shortly.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:30:41 AM EDT
That's pretty much it. Get you carry permit and the whole process is much easier/faster.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:41:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2021 11:42:56 AM EDT by crazysarge16]
Second on getting your pistol permit

What county did you end up in?

A lot of counties sheriffs office are very laid back and get your stuff back in a timely manner. Others are understaffed and take forever. Some will approve your Form 1 stuff quickly and painless, others act like your a criminal for asking.

I’d also recommend joining the Carolina Firearms Forum, a lot of people who dabble with ARs here are also members there. They have an EE as well where you can find firearms for sale locally around you instead of using armslist, which is basically overpriced crap now that constantly gets put back up every few days

Just remember to leave any blue stuff behind, thoroughly sanitized all equipment to prevent the spread. I’ve got a good friend from the Army still living in CA I’ve tried for years to talk into moving
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 5:21:13 PM EDT
Welcome fellow Cali person. I came in 95 and love it here. So much you can't pay me to ever move back. A few rules....
1. Leave Cali in Cali.
2. Smile and wave.
3. Go ahead and get your CCW. It saves time whenever you are in a gun shop.
That's pretty much it.  What part of Cali are you coming from and what area are you in?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 5:34:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2021 6:18:57 PM EDT by tiger222]
Thanks Gerkyn, Crazysarge16 and NCUrk, really glad to be here. It feels so much more free.
I liberated my rifles of their absurd CA legal devices and make them back to 'normal' and that was a great feeling, lol.

I'm in Buncombe Country (West Asheville), hopefully that is one of the better ones.
NCUrk, I was in Los Angeles for 42 years. So sad to see it in such shambles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:14:14 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tiger222:
Thanks Gerkyn, Crazysarge16 and NCUrk, really glad to be here. It feels so much more free.
I liberated my rifles of their absurd CA legal devices and make them back to 'normal' and that was a great feeling, lol.

I'm in Buncombe Country (West Asheville), hopefully that is one of the better ones.
NCUrk, I was in Los Angeles for 42 years. So sad to see it in such shambles.
View Quote
Oof ... You moved to the CA of NC.  And IIRC your sheriff ain't that great but there are worse
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:51:32 PM EDT
Welcome! I'm actually a native Ashevillian, seem to be few and far between anymore.  PM me if you have any questions, I'm pretty familiar with this place.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:53:29 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NCUrk:
Welcome fellow Cali person. I came in 95 and love it here. So much you can't pay me to ever move back. A few rules....
1. Leave Cali in Cali.
2. Smile and wave.
3. Go ahead and get your CCW. It saves time whenever you are in a gun shop.
That's pretty much it.  What part of Cali are you coming from and what area are you in?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2021 4:10:39 PM EDT by BigWaylon]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top