Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2020 7:22:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2020 11:16:28 PM EST by mechanical]
Hello,

I just moved to MN (Minneapolis) for work.  I thought I'd stop in here and say hi.

I don't know the area at all.
I'm on the south side of Minneapolis.

Are there any good ranges nearby for USPSA, 3 gun, and/or long range shooting?  Any good gun shows or events?

Anyone know a Sig armorer?  I normally do my on work, but I've been calling all over and have been having a hell of a time finding one.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:58:47 PM EST
Welcome.

You'll probably find that this HTW doesn't get a whole lot of traffic compared to some others.

As far as ranges I've only been to Bills run range in Robbinsdale or Centerville.  As far as gun shows I usually go to the MWCA shows listed here.  The show at the fairgrounds in March is pretty big.  But after a while you start to see the same vendors selling the same stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:43:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2020 8:47:02 AM EST by Gingerbreadman]
Welcome!

There is the Burnsville Pistol Range south of Minneapolis. I think they had matches there, but I haven't paid much attention to that.

ETA: MWCA gun shows are pretty decent. The Croc Productions shows that I've been to are mostly medals and old military gear, with an occasional Mauser or Arisaka rifle mixed in. It's been a while since I've been to either though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:11:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 1:34:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2020 1:36:33 PM EST by Rat_Patrol]
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:58:14 PM EST
You have lots of places running matches
Forest Lake Gun Club
Burnsville Pistol Range
Stock and Barrel in Chanhassen.
Informal Steel Matches out at Hutchinson during the warmer months
PRS down at Pine Island

F Class at Red Wing, Elk River, and Harris
Xcross match/service rifle at Elk River, Elko, Red Wing, Harris
IDPA at Faribault

Lots of places to check out
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:42:01 PM EST
There’s stock and barrel in Eagan.

Join the MNguntalk forum
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:19:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2020 11:43:36 PM EST by mechanical]
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
I'm hoping to get to a match or two before it gets cold out.

I've seen snow before, but these below zero/very cold winter temps are gonna be new for me.

edit:
How bad has Minneapolis gotten?  
I'm working on getting a place in Burnsville.  Do you think the riots will get that far south?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:05:29 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mechanical:

I've seen snow before, but these below zero/very cold winter temps are gonna be new for me.

edit:
I'm working on getting a place in Burnsville.  Do you think the riots will get that far south?
View Quote

I also work in Downtown Minneapolis. During the day it's a ghost town compared to how it used to be. Things are slowly improving although you'll see a lot of boarded up buildings due to the uh..."Peaceful protests".

There's no way the rioting or looting will make it to Burnsville. I could be wrong but that's just my guess.

Welcome to Minnesota.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:05:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By drerickson77:

I also work in Downtown Minneapolis. During the day it's a ghost town compared to how it used to be. Things are slowly improving although you'll see a lot of boarded up buildings due to the uh..."Peaceful protests".

There's no way the rioting or looting will make it to Burnsville. I could be wrong but that's just my guess.

Welcome to Minnesota.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drerickson77:

edit:

Welcome to Minnesota.

Agree, I don’t foresee any significant rioting crossing the river.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:44:56 AM EST
Welcome.  I used to live in Minneapolis but have been living in Alexandria since 2005.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:10:20 PM EST
Quit your job and run away.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:31:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2020 1:32:41 PM EST by Puck]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:45:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By GuyfromMN:
Quit your job and run away.
View Quote

I wouldn't recommend anyone move to this worthless fucking state. If you have to, do your job and move the fuck out! Until this worthless state turns red, don't move in! The fucking nazi's are running this state!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:02:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:49:27 PM EST
Hello,

I just moved to MN (Minneapolis) for work.  I thought I'd stop in here and say hi.

Are there any good ranges nearby for USPSA, 3 gun, and/or long range shooting?  Any good gun shows or events?

Anyone know a Sig armorer?  I normally do my on work, but I've been calling all over and have been having a hell of a time finding one.

Thanks!
View Quote

Welcome! Pine Island is a great range however it is private and the wait list is probably 6 months long and it is close to rochester so a little drive but worth it. Message me directly if you have any questions about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:11:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By JonnyCardigan:

Welcome! Pine Island is a great range however it is private and the wait list is probably 6 months long and it is close to rochester so a little drive but worth it. Message me directly if you have any questions about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JonnyCardigan:
Hello,

Thanks!

Could get in to Faribault and it has a 600 yard range. Depends where OP moved to on what makes sense. But he’s MIA.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:53:14 AM EST

edit:
View Quote

Welcome to Minnesota!

Consider also the cities that are next to Burnsville; such as Savage, Eagan, Apple Valley, and Lakeville. Of those, Lakeville is the city that is still in a growth mode with new housing being developed. Eagan and Apple Valley have some new development but are mostly developed with little land left for new housing and new businesses.

Will the riots get as far as Burnsville? Possibly, but the logistics work against them.

How bad have things become in Minneapolis? Bad enough to avoid downtown unless you have specific business down there.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:36:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By Puck:

How exactly are you planning on turning this worthless fucking state red, if you're going out of your way (this thread is months old) to discourage the immigration people of (presumably) similar voting patterns?  I'm hesitant to say "of like mind" for obvious reasons.

No.  They aren't.  Release your pearls and rise from the chaise longue, lest you sound like all of the "literally Hitler!!" leftists.

View Quote

As long as the fucking nazi democrats hand out welfare like candy, it will never change. Look at the election results. Only the metro and the arrow head voted democrat. the rest republican. But the democrats still won!
Top Top