Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 7:33:13 PM EDT
So I just completed the Enhanced Carry Permit course because my Florida will expire soon. All I need are fingerprints which supposedly are paid for already from the $100 I paid the state for the permit. I have the receipt.

I live off John Sevier for now, not far from the Lowes up the street. I called Strawberry Plains Post office because they were listed on the interweb, but the lady said I need to come in first and they'll give me directions on where to go get prints. That seems kind of backwards.

Looking for some guidance here. Somebody at work said try UPS Stores??
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to your Tennessee home!

Way back in 1992, when I got my permit, I did go to a specific UPS store in northern Knoxville, near Halls.  I was under the impression that the Drivers’ License/Permitting office did fingerprints on-site.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer…it’s been a little while.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Charlie. Glad to be here. South Florida was getting crazy. Too many New Yorkers, New Jersey types too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t provide any useful info but wanted to say Wecome!
Looks like we’re neighbors too, I just moved to Knoxville a few months ago and bought a place off John Sevier near that same lowes.

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
To both of you welcome
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey neighbor! Welcome to TN.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Viking, all I could find on the TN website was this:
Attachment Attached File

Suggest you read this, maybe print a copy to take with you: Handgun carry permit

Like I said, I thought the drivers’ license location in Strawberry Plains (not too far from South Knoxville/John Sevier Highway) could complete the fingerprinting on location…but, I’ve been wrong before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top