Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 7:49:23 PM EDT
Did any of you guys see this news story WCCO did the other day?

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/02/15/downtown-mpls-residents-have-serious-safety-concerns-survey-shows/amp/

90% of downtown residents feel less safe and 70% say, friends and family are afraid to visit. The fact that these jokers are still pushing to disband the police baffles me. Hopefully, people wake up and kick these cretins out of office.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The city council has blood on its hands and it's warming up so it will get worse not to mention the upcoming trial they voted themselves into it they can deal with it, I won't willingly go there anymore it's not worth it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about the upcoming trial. I think they way overcharged him and with the whole deadly amount of fentanyl/bodycam footage, I wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk. That is, assuming they don't just give him life to appease the mob.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure how legitimately the man can get a fair trial I don't see how even if moved to another city who wants that in their town, there are no good answers even less of a possibility of a good result. It will be exploited for maximum political impact local and nationally last time protesters were bused in from out of state to a town and several places were burned the local politicians were strangely silent. I believe this will be a no-win situation too many groups have had time to plan and coordinate with others to create chaos I hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully, people wake up and kick these cretins out of office.
View Quote
They won't.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
No way they can find him not guilty.  Too afraid of the aftermath.  Hell, even the US supreme court is afraid of our urban mobs.

I used to go into town only occasionally, but stopped going even before the riots.  You could already see the writing on the wall.   The only time I've been there the last couple of years was to get my carry permit.  I did not feel safe, even then.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I think Chauvin gets convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter only.  That gives the mob some blood, and gives the jury an out if they can’t see the elements of 2nd degree murder.  Honestly, the charge should have been manslaughter in the first place, and let the jury hash it out on the merits.  Of course Antifa Ellison would never do that...

The other cops will walk.  This won’t be enough for the mob and things will burn again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Chauvin gets convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter only.  That gives the mob some blood, and gives the jury an out if they can’t see the elements of 2nd degree murder.  Honestly, the charge should have been manslaughter in the first place, and let the jury hash it out on the merits.  Of course Antifa Ellison would never do that...

The other cops will walk.  This won’t be enough for the mob and things will burn again.
View Quote

agree
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did any of you guys see this news story WCCO did the other day?

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/02/15/downtown-mpls-residents-have-serious-safety-concerns-survey-shows/amp/

90% of downtown residents feel less safe and 70% say, friends and family are afraid to visit. The fact that these jokers are still pushing to disband the police baffles me. Hopefully, people wake up and kick these cretins out of office.
View Quote

Welcome to Arfcom. First post and all...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone seen the "new normal" ghost town/warzone that is downtown Minneapolis? No wonder plywood and 2x4's are hard to find. It's all downtown on windows.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Welcome to Arfcom. First post and all...
View Quote

Thanks! Figured I might as well start off with a hot topic.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen the "new normal" ghost town/warzone that is downtown Minneapolis? No wonder plywood and 2x4's are hard to find. It's all downtown on windows.

View Quote

Very surreal in some places but there are pockets of the "old normal". I went to a favorite dive of mine in northeast last weekend and the place was packed and everyone was having a good time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I worked downtown for about 15 years. Now living 150 miles away feels too close at times.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top